Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Xalesa's Family Vacation to CA...and DISNEYLAND!

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Xalesa's Family Vacation to CA...and DISNEYLAND!

Great pictures so far. Looking forward to the rest.

Comment

I love seeing non-locals enjoy all the things we take for granted. You guys sure are having fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
        I love seeing non-locals enjoy all the things we take for granted. You guys sure are having fun!
        exactly! I've never eaten at the Baldwin Park In-N-Out nor at Northwoods!

I'm looking forward to the rest of your report/photos!

Comment

Fun TR so far. Very nice beach shots and as always, love the DL pics! Can't wait to see the end!
          sigpic
          Home away from Home.

Comment

^ The In-N-Out in Baldwin Park is actually the headquarters for the entire In-N-Out company, there's quite a neat family history if you ever get the chance to visit. As far as Northwoods Inn, I've just got one word: CHEESEBREAD!!!

Comment

I always see that Northwoods Inn. Now I gotta go!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Oh, what a great trip report!

I actually live in Covina myself so I have been to that North Wood's a few times. They have really good (though quite heavy) food.

Thanks again!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
                FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
                Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Comment

What a great report! One of the best thing about Disneyland is going with people who have never been there before and seeing the magic in their eyes. Now I need some of that cheese bread at the Northwoods Inn!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Yes, if you've never eaten at Northwood's, GO! Eat cheesebread!! LOL

Ok, I am back at work today and have a lot of catching up to do. Will finish the report later, I promise!!

Comment

Wow, loving the report! Can't wait to see the rest!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Great TR so far! Can't wait to see more. I always love looking at everyone's TR's.

Comment

Ok, here we go!

After SBL we decided to give Matterhorn a whirl. Matthew was tall enough, so he got to ride. He loved it!

Then we headed into TL.

It was time for a snack again. I got a Yogurt fruit cup; it was yummy,

even for the price!

Cute cups.

We decided to ride Finding Nemo Submarine; the wait stated 30 minutes. Actually, from the time we got in line to the time we left the subs, it was exactly 30 minutes. A very fun ride!

I love that mountain!

All aboard!

Inside the subs.

I didn't get any show pictures; my camera battery decided to die. We then headed towards Space Mountain, but not before we paid a visit to Buzz.

Wait time for SM was like less than 10 min, and Matthew was again tall enough to ride.

I didn't chance taking any photos on the ride; I'm not seasoned at taking pics at warp speed. I prepped Matthew a lot for the ride, and even held onto him tight. I didn't hear a peep out of him the whole ride (of course I was screaming), and afterwards he said, 'that was a scary ride!'

At this point, we split from my brother and sister in law; they were needing a break, so they headed back to the hotel to rest. I thought after Space Mountain, we better pick something not-so-scary for Matthew. BLAB was the perfect choice!

It ended up being Matthew's favorite ride of the day; we rode it at least 3 other times!

Crossing the hub, we headed to Adventureland. More castle pics, cuz you just can't get enough!

In the hub, wishing I was at a Mice Chat Meet!

A quick spin on JC.

Nelson was our skipper. I had heard all the funny jokes before, but he was still good.

POTC!!!

My feeble attempt at some indoor photos.

I actually didn't mind the Jack Sparrow and Barbossa additions; this was my first time seeing them. I thought the Barbossa waterfall effect was really cool. This and HM are still my favorite rides in the park. In addition to the 'hamburger song', Matthew also learned, 'yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!'

After POTC, we decided we were starving. So where did we eat?? I'll tell you in a minute!

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                            I always see that Northwoods Inn. Now I gotta go!
                            We should go together! And eat cheesebread because evidently it's good.

Facebook me!
                            Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Ok, let's see if I can wrap this up.

After POTC we looked around NOS.

Matthew decided he needed a self portrait.

Never made it over to the island, but at least I got a picture!

So, where do all Mice Chatters have lunch after most of the noon meets?

And it was really good! I had the 3 Enchiladas.

Tim had the burrito.

Matthew had a fruit cup; that's all. He's such a picky eater!

Well, it was dusk and time for HMH!

My flash made the trees look extra creepy!

Then we rode Splash Mountain and loved it, even Matthew. Again, no photos-didn't want to get my camera wet. I really enjoyed this ride; so did Tim. We wished we could have ridden it more. But it was time to meet back up with my brother. They hadn't eaten, so they took Matthew with them to Rancho Del Zocalo so Tim and I could Ride IAJ since Matthew was not tall enough.

I only got this one picture inside. The wait was only 30 min. from start to finish.

I LOVED IAJ; what a great experience. I was fully prepared to use Fastpass, but it just wasn't necessary. With the exception of this ride and Finding Nemo Submarines, all the rides were virtual walk-ons.

Pineapple Dole Whip! Yum!

It was time for fireworks. We watched them in NOS.

Even though it's blurry, I thought this looked pretty neat.

After fireworks, we needed to ride BLAB one more time, cuz Matthew said so.

Crossing the hub; that beautiful castle.

Main Street at night.

Well, it was now time to go pick up the silhouette and buy a few souvenirs. We then walked across the street to our hotel and crashed. I had bittersweet feelings; sad that my much-anticipated day at Disneyland was now over, and sweet memories to take home with me and share with my husband, son and Disney friends here.

The next day we headed back to the resort to rest and pack for our flight home on Sunday. We stopped at a mall so I could pick up some See's candy. I bought a Wicked box of candy. No, I didn't find a green ticket.

Thanks for viewing my trip report; I am already anticipating my next California vacation, and I have registered myself and my son on the DL website for next year's 'get in free on your birthday', just in case!

Bye!
                              Last edited by xalesa; 10-02-2008, 08:04 PM. Reason: adding photos

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                                We should go together! And eat cheesebread because evidently it's good.
                                You have yourself a date, missy!

Originally posted by xalesa View Post

LOL, that is a hilarious shot because it looks like you guys are going warp speed... like it was Wonka's Chocolate Factory river ride or something!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X