Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

    This year my trip with my best friend happens to be the same weekend that Bats Day was moved to. I have never been to Disneyland during Bats Day and I was wondering what it is like. Is it real bad or freaky? I have been told that it is pretty cool. So I have mixed feelings toward it.
    :captain:

  • #2
    Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

    Numerous photos & commentary at:

    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...es-8-20-a.html

    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...exclusive.html

    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ay-photos.html

    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ay-photos.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

      I was at Bat's Day last year and it was really interesting. As long as you are open-minded about tatooing, piercings and entire families done up in Goth Gear you should really enjoy it.

      We sat on the other side of the street from the hub and watched people arriving to sign in for a group photo being taken later that day. It was great.

      My advice is to take your camera and just enjoy it.
      Pirates NEVER cry!

      :captain:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

        Simply put:

        If you like to people watch... you'll LOVE Bats Day!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

          I've never been on Bats day, but it sounds fun to me! I think I'd even want to dress up, because even though that's not my usual style, it's a look I appreciate and find fun and interesting. I'd bet you'd see a lot of really creative and unique people, and none of the reports I've read imply that the crowd is any more rambunctious or less polite than an average DL crowd.
          "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

            It's normally pretty crowded but if you are like me and have the luxury of going to the park quite often, it's a perfect people watching day.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

              i LOVE being at DL during bat's day, bummed we'll miss it this year. we get to see a lot of our friends when we are there, and like has been said before, it makes for AWESOME people watching
              Will there be screams when the sun sets,
              -=Is It October Yet?=-


              Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
              elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
              Originally posted by pratt55
              Elly is adorkable.







              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

                This day looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you asked the question, I too have always wondered about Bats Day.

                For all of you out there I have another question. Is bats day kind of like gay day? I'm confused as to the purpose of the day. Is it just so you can all enjoy the parks and be accepted for how you dress and who you are, or is there more too it that I'm missing, like a spiritual belief or something?

                This is an HONEST, JUDGE-FREE question. I am sorry if this is coming across as rude or inappropriate. I am autistic, so I know that some times I come across as rude, harsh, or too forward. I am just curious to know more about why Bats day, IS bats day?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

                  Originally posted by Jiminy Crickett View Post
                  This day looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you asked the question, I too have always wondered about Bats Day.

                  For all of you out there I have another question. Is bats day kind of like gay day? I'm confused as to the purpose of the day. Is it just so you can all enjoy the parks and be accepted for how you dress and who you are, or is there more too it that I'm missing, like a spiritual belief or something?

                  This is an HONEST, JUDGE-FREE question. I am sorry if this is coming across as rude or inappropriate. I am autistic, so I know that some times I come across as rude, harsh, or too forward. I am just curious to know more about why Bats day, IS bats day?

                  It is very much like Gay Days in that its an "unofficial" day at the park. In other words, its not sponsored or sanctioned by Disney. Its more like a club or group of people, who just want to get together as a group, celebrate their lifestyle, and have some fun at the same time!

                  They have an official website where you can get information:

                  Welcome to the Official Bats Day in the Fun Park Website

                  And you can also get some info here:



                  This will be their 10th anniversary in the park. I love the logo they have for this years event!!




                  Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                  Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

                    Thanks everyone! I LOVE to people watch! It is one of the best parts of Disneyland. My group is thinking about dressing up in all pink!
                    :captain:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

                      I just love it when communities and groups like this get together, enjoy the company of each other, be proud of who they are and celebrate it at the parks.

                      s i g h...

                      I miss the parks and all they bring. Think I'll go tomorrow. Thanks (Pengy)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

                        Batty.
                        ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

                        ...to Disneyland.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

                          Originally posted by Jiminy Crickett View Post
                          I just love it when communities and groups like this get together, enjoy the company of each other, be proud of who they are and celebrate it at the parks.

                          s i g h...
                          I think it's more like halloween. Some people do not dress that way all the time. They only do it for bats day.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

                            Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                            I think it's more like halloween. Some people do not dress that way all the time. They only do it for bats day.

                            while there are some bats day only dressers (i'm included in that catagory) there is a very large contingent at Bat's Day that do live in the Goth/HorrorPunk/Industrial/Rockabilly/Hellbilly lifestyle and dress that way every day, full dreadfalls and everything. its a pretty large subculture in the LA/OC area since there is good sized amount of venues (like the club Xile) to support.
                            Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                            -=Is It October Yet?=-


                            Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                            elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                            Originally posted by pratt55
                            Elly is adorkable.







                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What Is Disneyland Like On Bats Day?

                              Originally posted by elly View Post
                              while there are some bats day only dressers (i'm included in that catagory) there is a very large contingent at Bat's Day that do live in the Goth/HorrorPunk/Industrial/Rockabilly/Hellbilly lifestyle and dress that way every day, full dreadfalls and everything. its a pretty large subculture in the LA/OC area since there is good sized amount of venues (like the club Xile) to support.
                              yes....that is why I said some and not all. I ran into more people who said they just did it for that day than the other way, but that could have just been coincidence.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X