Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleeping Beauty Reopening

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Sleeping Beauty Reopening

    So, I'm sure we all know how the castle drawbridge actually had the mechanics to be raied and lowered until Remember came to be. It ws only used twice, once when the park was opened and once whe the new Fantasyland opened in '83. Do you think that they will be replacing the mechnisms with the refurb and reopening of the castle walkthrough? If so, do you think they'll lower it for the opening ceremoney of the walkthrough?

    Discuss!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!


  • #2
    Re: Sleeping Beauty Reopening

    Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
    So, I'm sure we all know how the castle drawbridge actually had the mechanics to be raied and lowered until Remember came to be. It ws only used twice, once when the park was opened and once whe the new Fantasyland opened in '83. Do you think that they will be replacing the mechnisms with the refurb and reopening of the castle walkthrough? If so, do you think they'll lower it for the opening ceremoney of the walkthrough?

    Discuss!

    I doubt that the park would foot the bill to install the required mechanism. Probably only if marketing feels it's an important enough element will we see it happen.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sleeping Beauty Reopening

      They considered doing it for the 50th, and that plan was axed, so it very likely won't be done in the forseeable future. Maybe, they might consider it for the 100th.
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sleeping Beauty Reopening

        I completely forgot that they didn't do it for the 50th! Now I'm guessing they won't but you never know... it could have been one of those things people just forgot worked...
        WELCOME ABOARD
        THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sleeping Beauty Reopening

          Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
          I completely forgot that they didn't do it for the 50th! Now I'm guessing they won't but you never know... it could have been one of those things people just forgot worked...

          Kind of like forgetting that there was an actual attraction INSIDE the Castle.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sleeping Beauty Reopening

            I wish they would raise and lower it every day, but that would never happen. :o
            We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

            Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sleeping Beauty Reopening

              Originally posted by bfdf55 View Post
              Kind of like forgetting that there was an actual attraction INSIDE the Castle.
              Before it closed in 2001, I had lost count of how many guests I had informed about the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough, usually from just striking up a conversation while waiting in line for Peter Pan's Flight. This normally followed telling their restless children about the Evil Queen peeking out at them above Snow White's Scary Adventures.

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X