Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Fantasmic! Dragon Updates..

So, I was reading on the Disneyland Project Tracker that when Fantasmic! opens up in November it will have a dragon upgrade. Now, by dragon upgrade does it mean an entirely new dragon like reported earlier? Or are they just fixing up the one they have now??
    :captain:

Re: Fantasmic! Dragon Updates..

I believe an entirely new dragon. Plus the new Flotsam & Jetsam jetskis during the Ursula section.

Comment

I thought the new dragon wasn't due until after the winter refurb??
      "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
        I thought the new dragon wasn't due until after the winter refurb??
        I heard the same with Flotsam and Jetsam and that this refurb was to update the projections to HD.

Originally posted by Al Lutz from the June 17th update
        First up this September, the Disneyland Entertainment department will send Fantasmic! down for yet another refurbishment for more technology upgrades. After getting a very thorough upgrade to all of the lighting and audio this past winter, this September and October will be spent replacing the original 1992 film projectors with high definition digital projectors. This multi million dollar change is planned to dramatically improve the clarity and color of the images projected on to the mist screens, with all of the original 1992 film media converted to a much clearer and remastered digital format. This same digital technology will be used in the DCA World of Color show as well, on an even bigger scale.

Fantasmic! will return in mid November for the busy holiday weeks, and then the show will go down yet again in January for several more months. The second phase of the Fantasmic! rehab this winter will replace the old dragon and the lift effects. The huge open pit underneath the stage on the end of Tom Sawyer Island will be deepened and expanded, and a larger and more realistic remote controlled dragon will take up residence there. By next spring Fantasmic! will be practically all new from start to finish when it comes to the technology behind the show.
        "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

I'm pretty sure an entire new dragon
          "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Comment

Okay, I'm confused. I also read that the dragon wouldn't be replaced til the next refurb.
            sigpic
            Home away from Home.

Comment

Yea I heard the same about the Dragon (next refurb) This one was just an update of the projections.
              Everybody's got a laughin' place-
              trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Apparently the dragon is now on Disneyland Resort property, as are the Flotsam & Jetsam jet-skis!

Comment

Now is the Ursula float coming back as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Drunk Dave @ DL View Post
                    Not a chance!

I heard that they are keeping the old dragon, but upgrading it with newer effects? Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                      I heard that they are keeping the old dragon, but upgrading it with newer effects? Not sure.
                      From what I've heard, it's going to be an entirely new dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Drunk Dave @ DL View Post
                        I believe they opted for the new Flotsam and Jetsam jet skis, instead, as they felt it was redundant to have Ursula on the screen, and in front of you as a float.

Comment

So what kind of upgrades will there be for the dragon, and what will it look like????

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                            I believe they opted for the new Flotsam and Jetsam jet skis, instead, as they felt it was redundant to have Ursula on the screen, and in front of you as a float.
                            Well if they had the Ursula barge, she wouldn't appear on the screen.

Comment

According to an Al update a few ago, it is to be a new dragon entirely and it won't show up until after the next refub in Feb/March. This current refurb is to upgrade the projectors along the island that project on the French Curtains to hi-def.

Even if they dragon is on property now, they won't be installing it just yet. Doing so would require a lot of work on the dragon pit itself on the island (as that is also scheduled for upgrades in the next refurb.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X