Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How busy Nov 19-24?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] How busy Nov 19-24?

    DH shocked me yesterday by suggesting we take the kids to DLR for a few days since our trip to Hawaii was canceled due to a family illness. The only time we can really go though is Nov 19-24. I know, thanks to you all here, that the 21st is the start of the holiday season. I'm just wondering if we should hold off for a while longer. Will it be incredibly busy that weekend?

    Last time we went, Oct 24-30/07, it was fairly busy so I'm hoping for a quieter time this time.



  • #2
    Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

    I'm hoping it won't be unbearable - I'm planning on being there that weekend - but I'm not expecting an empty park. It'll most likely be fairly crowded, I would think.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

      Don't forget that the 21st starts the Christmas shows/parades and Small World Holiday opens. The 19th and 20th may be fine, but I expect the weekend to pretty crowded. I will probably be there on the 22 or 23rd myself. A lot of APers will be checking out the holiday decor that weekend is my guess, plus the usual weekend crowds. Also the next weekend is blacked out for all but Premium APs so, yeah, I think crowded that weekend.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

        I go at that time every year, and I am going again this year.

        The park isn't too bad, but the closer to thanksgiving the worse it gets. I only go that one weekend a year so I have little to compare it to, but usually Saturday and Sunday are decent, Monday is worse, and by Tuesday its pretty bad.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

          Weekend will be typical off-season-weekend bad.

          Weekdays will be typical off-season-weekday good.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

            Thanks for the info. That's what I was hoping. I guess we'll get all the big rides done Wed-Friday and just enjoy the park on the rest of the days. I can't believe I'll be there in 3 weeks!!! :yea:


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

              Here's a whole thread dedicated to your question:

              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...nd-2008-a.html

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

                Hey Tear I will miss you then. I'm going to DL on the 15th. You guys should try Pixie Hollow when your there. It is where Ariel once was.
                To my respect from a Dodger fan.



                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

                  Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
                  Here's a whole thread dedicated to your question:

                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...nd-2008-a.html
                  Ooops! Thanks for pointing that out. I guess in my excitement I missed it.

                  Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                  Hey Tear I will miss you then. I'm going to DL on the 15th. You guys should try Pixie Hollow when your there. It is where Ariel once was.
                  Aww I was hoping to meet up with you again Capt!


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

                    Originally posted by Tea View Post
                    DH shocked me yesterday by suggesting we take the kids to DLR for a few days since our trip to Hawaii was canceled due to a family illness. The only time we can really go though is Nov 19-24. I know, thanks to you all here, that the 21st is the start of the holiday season. I'm just wondering if we should hold off for a while longer. Will it be incredibly busy that weekend?

                    Last time we went, Oct 24-30/07, it was fairly busy so I'm hoping for a quieter time this time.
                    We go every year around this time. It varies quite a bit as sometimes you can catch a band and cheer competition which brings alot of people to the park. Also, the first weekend of the Christmas decorations, and the opening for Small world make me believe the weekend will be very busy. Make sure to get all the rides done during the weekdays and brace yourself for the weekend. If you happen to get a fantasy fastpass during the week you may want to save it for the weekend.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

                      We went a few years ago on the Sunday through Tuesday before Thanksgiving. It was packed Sunday, and got progressively worse each day. I'd prepare for large'ish crowds.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How busy Nov 19-24?

                        I'd say you have the most trouble 21st through 24th That Friday through Monday.

                        Espically the 22nd the Saturday.
                        Also the 24th which starts the Holdiday Season

                        Saturday's have seemed to be the most crowded everytime I go to the parks.
                        "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X