• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yackerz
    Disney aficionado
    • Sep 2008

[Fun] Disneyland Crime

I am sure there has been the usual cases of petty theft at Disney, but does anyone know of any ridiculous crimes that have taken place at disneyland?

For instance, maybe a drunken streaker climbing up Sleeping Beauty's castle during the firework show, or a man peeing in the water of Splash mountain.
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.
  • Druggas
    Hooterville, USA
    • Feb 2005

Re: Disneyland Crime

Crime?..................... Ha!!

I'll tell you about crime.

Come to the hub on Sundays....12 noon....and look at all the MC gang members!

Now that's a crime.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• SkeletonStockings
      Far too curious
      • Aug 2008

I've heard a few stories of a guest stabbing another guest, like, back in the 60's or something.

http://skeletonstockings.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Datameister
        =)
        • Aug 2005

Must...resist...DCA jokes...

Comment

• sediment
          Banned User
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
          Must...resist...DCA jokes...
          Must...resist....Pressler Grand theft....jokes.

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
            Beach Expert
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
            I've heard a few stories of a guest stabbing another guest, like, back in the 60's or something.
            This happened at least one time back in the 80s, I think. It was either gang related or it might have been two guys fighting over a woman. I forget the details. I believe it took place outside between where the BLAB fastpasses are now, and the overflow Star Tours queue is.

Comment

• Axerion XIV
              Organization XIV Member
              • Sep 2008

Spitting on people from the skyway.

Comment

• Squirt_101
                Fin...noggin...duuude!
                • Oct 2008

People used to throw garbage, food, etc. out of the peoplemovers. I heard that is one of the reasons they closed them....
                :captain:

Comment

• bayougirl89
                  Banned User
                  • Nov 2007

A guy was arrested leaving the park a couple of weeks ago by the Anaheim PD. Something about a felony warrant (drugs, I think). Over the years there have been some random acts of violence in the parks and the parking lots. One thing I remember (but I can't remember when) is a child was shot while riding the train, in that instance the gun was fired from outside the park and the bullet just happened to hit the little boy. I think there might have been a kidnapping from the parking lot at one point too, but it wasn't a stranger kidnapping, the parties were known to one another. Other than that I think a lot of what happens at Disneyland is the stuff you might find anywhere large crowds gather. The occasional fight, shoplifting, etc.

Comment

• Squirt_101
                    Fin...noggin...duuude!
                    • Oct 2008

Oh! This is a funny one....

One time, my brother told me that you can't do drugs in Disneyland (obviously) but some dude got high on weed, I think it was, and they put him in the Mickey jail! Hehe.. I guess they have some little place or something. Probably put the people there until the cops can get there.
                    :captain:

Comment

• ttrocc7007
                      We Want The Redhead
                      • Feb 2008

My fave happened almost 40 years ago when a bunch of hippies decided to claim tom Sawyer island forcing the Anaheim police and Orange County sheriff departments to storm the park in order to retake the island. Yes, this actually happened. Try a web search for details...
                      First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                      First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                      BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

• OnBelay
                        Star Tourist
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
                        My fave happened almost 40 years ago when a bunch of hippies decided to claim tom Sawyer island forcing the Anaheim police and Orange County sheriff departments to storm the park in order to retake the island. Yes, this actually happened. Try a web search for details...
                        one of the funniest things ive ever heard.

Comment

• I Heart Disneyland
                          Banned User
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Squirt_101 View Post

One time, my brother told me that you can't do drugs in Disneyland ...
                          Yeah, right! My son and I have smelled people smoking pot on Mr Toad more than twice! ha!

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                            Beach Expert
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
                            Godd thing Mike Carona wasn't in charge then. The hippies may have actually been succesful.

Just kiddin folks. Sorry for the off-topic!

Comment

• Semiquaver
                              Mouseketeer
                              • Jan 2008

Most people know about the guy who brought the .22 into the park and shot at the dueling ghosts in HM and at the Grand Canyon diorama. Bullet holes are still there. Not sure on the specifics, but it happened either in the late 60's or in the 70's. I don't think they found him.
                              "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

• Goof@Heart
                                MiceChatter
                                • Aug 2008

The stabbing was gang related and the knife was thrown into the Rivers of America, where it was eventually retrieved. As told to me by my cousin who was a sweeper at the Park for MANY years.

There was the time a child was abducted inside the park, the kidnapper cut the child's hair, dyed it a different color, and changed their clothes. They were caught at the exit, where every child was looked at very carefully by the parent and police.

Security in the Park is just awesome. By the time you notice anything has happened, the situation is taken back stage. When my children were small, I was never afraid for their safety. I never let then out of my sight, but the threat of anything bad was never present.
                                Last edited by Goof@Heart; 10-31-2008, 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• bayougirl89
                                  Banned User
                                  • Nov 2007

[quote=Goof@Heart;3229229]There was the time a child was abducted inside the park, the kidnapper cut the child's hair, dyed it a different color, and changed their clothes. They were caught at the exit, where every child was looked at very carefully by the parent and police.[quote]

This one is an urban legend that has been going around for years. Here's the link to the article on snopes.com.

snopes.com: Kidnapped Child Rumor

oops...messed up the quote thing. Sorry

Comment

• Goof@Heart
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Aug 2008

Deny if you like, the story was told to me by both the afore metioned cousin, and a former security cast member of over 10 years. I would believe them over a generic 'Snopes" story any day.

Comment

• bayougirl89
                                      Banned User
                                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Goof@Heart View Post
                                      Deny if you like, the story was told to me by both the afore metioned cousin, and a former security cast member of over 10 years. I would believe them over a generic 'Snopes" story any day.
                                      Ok, you are entitled to believe what you will. But think about it this way, how do you cut a kids hair and dye it all within Disneyland with all of those other people around? Just to hypothesize you would need say 5 minutes to cut the kids hair, another 10 to apply the dye and at least 20 for the dye to set, before you washed it out in the sink which usually takes another 10 minutes. So in that 45 minutes no one notices that someone is giving a kid a makeover in the bathroom and reports it?

Comment

• Robert Cook
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Semiquaver View Post
                                        Most people know about the guy who brought the .22 into the park and shot at the dueling ghosts in HM and at the Grand Canyon diorama. Bullet holes are still there.
                                        That's right, and the fake spider that is apparently being used to cover the hole in the Haunted Mansion isn't entirely effective. Disney should add "get a fatter spider" to their maintenance to-do list.

Originally posted by Goof@Heart View Post
                                        Security in the Park is just awesome. By the time you notice anything has happened, the situation is taken back stage.
                                        They're pretty snappy at removing injured guests, too. Once I saw an elderly woman run at an unwise speed across the Hub toward the entrance of Tomorrowland where she fell down, hard, in plain sight. Security personnel and other Cast Members were checking on her while she was still on the ground, I turned away for just a few moments (less than 30 seconds I think), and then everybody was gone! Of course, out came the jokes about trapdoors, soylent green, and turkey legs, but the efficiency of clearing the injured was like crows descending on road-kill. I hope the woman was alright--I wouldn't know because she disappeared!

Originally posted by bayougirl89 View Post
                                        Ok, you are entitled to believe what you will. But think about it this way, how do you cut a kids hair and dye it all within Disneyland with all of those other people around?
                                        I can neither confirm nor deny this story, but one could probably get away with a lot inside a bathroom stall, at least for a short time.

Just to hypothesize you would need say 5 minutes to cut the kids hair,
                                        Lopping most of it off into a toilet would take just a few seconds.

another 10 to apply the dye and at least 20 for the dye to set, before you washed it out in the sink which usually takes another 10 minutes.
                                        How long would it take to apply conditioner and lather, rinse, and repeat to give the child's hair full body and a healthy shine? ) Sorry, I just had to tease your strict compliance with the instructions on the box. But seriously, a kidnapper could simply slather on the dye (or something faster and stronger such as ink) and soak up the excess with paper towels. They wouldn't take the time to make the child look pretty, all they'd need to do is get him/her out of the park unrecognized.

So in that 45 minutes no one notices that someone is giving a kid a makeover in the bathroom and reports it?
                                        Never underestimate how little people care about what others are doing in a crowded theme park environment. Even if it takes a few minutes to do a passable job, I doubt that anybody would hang around long enough to notice. I'm not trying to spread fear or anything like that, but I do think it's important that parents treat Disneyland as any public place with regard to the safety of their children (don't be overprotective, but make sure that your children know how to take care of themselves if they're ever on their own). Don't assume that any place could be kept completely safe from criminals, even Disneyland or your own home.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X