This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Another Coaster for DCA?

What about in Phase Two? I hope we see it- whether it's a Rock N Rollercoaster attraction with a California band or another mountain of sorts, DCA needs another coaster. What do you think?
    Last edited by mark; 10-31-2008, 04:08 PM.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Re: Another Coaster for DCA?

I think that there is no room for a coaster. dont get me wrong, it would be cool to have a rockin coaster with Red hot Chili Peppers or the Offspring, but there really isn't a need for it.

Comment

As long as it is highly immersive, thematically appropriate, and just plain fun.

Comment

I think you could put a Rockin' Rollercoaster into the hollywood area if the entrance to the ride is over by Harbor Blvd side of the ToT plaza-thing. Then have the building go back behind tower of terror where the main attraction would be.

Comment

I definitely think DCA should get another coaster, and as Data said it should be well themed, space could definitely be made in Hollywood, but I have no interest in another WDW clone. I doubt it would be part of phase two, but I think they'll probably add one eventually, it would be a good new draw for the resort that would probably help attendance in both parks.
          The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
          -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
            What about in Phase Two? I hope we see it- whether it's a Rock N Rollercoaster attraction with a California Band or another moutain of sorts, DCA needs another coaster. What do you think?
            Where would you put it ?

Comment

There's some parking lot that will be left that could be used, as well as the space behind Screamin' if they were to get rid of the road back there and rearage backstage a lot of space could be made. They also could remove some things to free up space including Hollywood and Dine, Bugs Land, and MM or maybe part of the wharf area. There's probably a few other ways you could fit one in if you too, depending on what else you were trying to do.
              The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
              -Walt Disney

Comment

The reason I would advocate a Rock'n'Roller Coaster type ride is because it's indoors, meaning you don't see it. I don't mind Screamin because it sets the stage for the pier, a nice wooden looking Atlantic City or Coney Island (or the like) type of coaster. Because coasters normally aren't all that attractive, I'd like to see Screamin be the only outdoor coaster.

Facebook me!
                Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I think if it went in HPB, it could be easily built spacewise. The space planning for DCA was awful, no doubt. Hey, how about using No Doubt for Rock N Rollercoaster?
                  Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
                  www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Comment

If you just meant an indoor coaster I agree, it should either be in a building or a mountain or combination of the two. I don't mind if it goes outside some as long as the tracks and vehicle are themed in a way that makes sense with the land though.
                    -Walt Disney

Comment

I agree that it is possible to make and find room in DCA for a ride, it might be a bit on the crammed side, but it probably could be done. I do, however think that with all the new and upcoming attractions, they don't need a new coaster. Especially with that new E-ticket attraction coming in Cars Land.
                      :captain:

Comment

I definitely think there should be another coaster in DCA -- specifically an indoor coaster of some kind.

I'd gladly take the R&R Coaster -- or something like that -- in the Hollywood Backlot, but I'm just not sure if there is enough room there or anywhere else. That's actually my one concern with the upcoming Cars ride. It just looks like it takes up a lot of prescious real estate and makes future growth more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
                          What about in Phase Two? I hope we see it- whether it's a Rock N Rollercoaster attraction with a California band or another mountain of sorts, DCA needs another coaster. What do you think?

I would love to see another coaster as well.

Comment

Do you think they would be able to buy the three hotels on the corner of Katella and Harbor? That acerage could really be useful if Disney had it for expanding DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by KISSman View Post
                              I definitely think there should be another coaster in DCA -- specifically an indoor coaster of some kind.

I'd gladly take the R&R Coaster -- or something like that -- in the Hollywood Backlot, but I'm just not sure if there is enough room there or anywhere else. That's actually my one concern with the upcoming Cars ride. It just looks like it takes up a lot of prescious real estate and makes future growth more difficult.
                              I agree with that in a sense ... the building does look HUGE, but I don't know if the actual show building will be as large footprint wise as it appears to be .... I mean I know it'll be massive, but looking at the other pics it seems as if the blending of the land with the actual show building may just make it look larger.

However, Disney did state that they left some space open for further expansion in the Cars area ... not just the parking lots on the side but in the actual land that is being built. Let's hope that this leads to further attractions down the line!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X