Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dia de los Muertos and Disneyland...........

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Dia de los Muertos and Disneyland...........

........Dia de los Muertos ( Day of the Dead ) and Disneyland ....... the festival celebrates the reunion of dead relatives and their families every Nov 2nd , I'm so glad that DL commemorates this holiday with a display of skeletons and flowers in Frontierland so next time you visit take a look.

Re: Dia de los Muertos and Disneyland...........

Originally posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    ........Dia de los Muertos ( Day of the Dead ) and Disneyland ....... the festival celebrates the reunion of dead relatives and their families every Nov 2nd , I'm so glad that DL commemorates this holiday with a display of skeletons and flowers in Frontierland so next time you visit take a look.

It is very cool indeed!
    only place I'v ever encountered an annoying cast member though :/

Comment

I have looked. i don't care for it.

Comment

you will when someone you love passes...... I did.............

Comment

you will when someone you love passes...... I did.............
          yeah, I have lost people I love. i still don't care for the display in the theme park.

Comment

I love it.

Comment

Unfortunately, some have enough trouble with their living relatives, let alone deal with welcoming back the ones who have already died.

The day would be more appropriate for DCA, rather than Frontierland.
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                I have looked. i don't care for it.
                There is a time and a place for everything, so they say...

IMHO Disneyland is not the place where I would care to have to see that sort of thing.

-- Barry
                Last edited by Radiobarry; 11-02-2008, 08:22 PM. Reason: fixing typo
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                  Unfortunately, some have enough trouble with their living relatives, let alone deal with welcoming back the ones who have already died.

The day would be more appropriate for DCA, rather than Frontierland.
                  Good Point

Comment

Well I am not into the celebration itself..but I think that hortiuculture did an incredible job. The flowers and displays are beautiful. Kudos to HRE for a job well done!

Comment

Since I'm not hispanic, this display and celebration do nothing for me.

Facebook me!
                      Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Seeing that quite a bit of Disney's clients are Hispanic, I think it's a nice touch. It's well hidden in an area that isn't exactly a heavy traffic place. Halloween decorations are jammed in every possible nook and cranny of Disneyland, I don't think a tiny corner is out of line in any way.

Comment

For those who don't seem to like, I'd like to hear why. Not trying to start trouble, I totally understand, just curious.

Ok, so I'm an American of Mexican descent. While, in a small theoretical sense, it's nice (and I agree it might do better in DCA actually. never thought of that before), I have problems with it because I feel like there is an aim behind it I do not endorse at all. I get the feeling (though can't confirm it) that they are trying to appeal to a demogrphic that they think is going to appreciate having this "holiday" recognized in some way. I live around this "demographic" and have all my life. They don't care. And frankly, with this and other....accomodations I'm just tired of it. That's all I'm gonna say.

I can see both sides, but I don't see a need for it depending on Disney's intention.
                          My mind won't rest
                          and I don't sleep
                          Not even in my dreams...
                          -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                          written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                          1985-2005

Comment

It’s not a bad thing learning something from another culture or heritage. It was wonderful that Disneyland is doing something for the Day of the Dead.
                            "You are watching FOX"

Comment

I love it! The celebratory nature of Dia de los Muertos fits in at Disneyland, I think. Aside from inside HM, I can't imagine a more joyous look at death. The decorations fit right in with the western theme of Frontierland and the proximity to Rancho del Zocalo. I think it's a great surprise for the unsuspecting guest who wanders through and a good example of through detailing in the little tucked away corners of the park.
                              "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X