X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] New 2009 Parade to be called "Celebrate! Party in the Streets"

This is from Screamscape.com

"2009 - Celebrate! Party In The Streets
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 11-06-2008, 04:29 PM. Reason: changed title and edited hotlinked pic
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: New 2009 Parade to be called "Celebrate! Party in the Streets"

There is no question that POD needs to be retired to make way for a new parade. I hope that the parade itself is better than the initial name.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

If anything, it at least sounds fun
      Everybody's got a laughin' place-
      trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

It reminds me of the Party Gras parade so im hoping its somewhere near as good.
        "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

I've been thinking the same thing DL_CRAZE. Hopefully the floats are elegant though. I hope the parade was not done on the cheap. I don't know why, but ever since Mr. Rasulo started making decisions I've been disappointed by cheap things. If they can make the parade floats lavishly decorated, bright and cheerful, full movement and yet still retain the elegance that Disneyland deserves, then they will have been successfull.

Turning the street into a party atmosphere is cool. I'm ok with that. The street sweeper crews are the best in the world so there will be very little "after parade" intrusion. I'm really wanting to see concept art now.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

If this is confirmed it's NEWS, if not it should've received the RUMOR flag.
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I thought that POD was going to stay and that both parades would be going next year.
              The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
              -Walt Disney

Comment

Anything from Screamscape should have a rumor on it for sure.
                The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                -Walt Disney

Comment

I'm sure the confetti won't last long....it'll probably last a week or two and then be taken out.
                  sigpic"Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

Comment

Rumor Alert! Same thing with the Parade of Dreams going away rumors.
                    Screamscape never gets everything right the first time.

Comment

i didn't think this was going to replace POD... i thought it'd be to POD what HSM is to PPP (lawl!acronyms)
                      "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Yeah, I thought this was just a little street show to bookend the POD performance time.

Comment

It is.

Comment

Please keep in mind, unless Disney has sent out a press release, all other sources are rumors. As with anything Disney, the Disneyland Resort entertainment is subject to change without notice. I'm sure the Disneyland Resort's entertainment department is looking to bring new and amazing things for all who visit the Resort; just as they have in years past.
                            Last edited by DisneyMouse; 11-06-2008, 01:04 PM.

Comment

You sound just like the publicity department, sometimes.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X