Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] It's Small World new facade lighting?

I was passing "it's a small world" last night and it looked like they had a new lighting system on the facade. The background was lit up a deep blue while the clock tower was lit up an orange-white hue. I went to the side and saw they had a couple LED's housed in a circular casings. There were 2 that I could see so I'm assuming there were more lighting up the rest. But is this new? Do they change colors throughout the night? Are they going to be used as a new prop during RDCT like the castle LED's are? I have one picture taken from my iPhone. I'll upload it later today when I get home.

Re: It's Small World new facade lighting?

Good question! I was also wondering if they built the Christmas lights permanently into the Small World facade, so they would only be noticable if they were lit up, or if they are still going to put them up and take them down every year, for the holidays. Of course the Christmas decorations inside would still need to be put up every year, but if they could design the outside lights to be build in, that would save a lot of work each year.

I'm also wondering if they will still be doing the special light show after dark, every 15 minutes, with the Nutcracker Suite music.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Pictures?

Comment

On Nov 1st I went by on the train and saw that only the strands were up (No bulbs in the sockets, just chords), so I think they're still putting up and taking down each year. Having the bulbs or empty sockets all year would look out of place on IASW.

Comment

No, these were wall washers like on the regular castle. Not Christmas lights. I'll get the pic up in about 30 mins. It's not very clear though.

Comment

I have a friend installing some LED's in the ride. From what I hear they wont be used until the Christmas season is over. I am happy to see some new life put into this attraction.
            Matt

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rockstarlighting
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/ld86/

Comment

Here's the picture.

(Picture is on page 2)

Last edited by TIS17; 11-11-2008, 05:55 PM. Reason: Trying to get the picture put in

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                Good question! I was also wondering if they built the Christmas lights permanently into the Small World facade, so they would only be noticable if they were lit up, or if they are still going to put them up and take them down every year, for the holidays. Of course the Christmas decorations inside would still need to be put up every year, but if they could design the outside lights to be build in, that would save a lot of work each year.

I'm also wondering if they will still be doing the special light show after dark, every 15 minutes, with the Nutcracker Suite music.
                The Projectors are still there.
                Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                -August 2nd 2010

Comment

I see no image

Comment

So do you think this new lighting is just for normal operation? Sounds cool if they're going to make the colors change on the whole building all the time. Hong Kong's lighting looks pretty cool and I was wondering if they were going to do something simmilar here, but it sounds like we're getting something new and different.
                    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                    -Walt Disney

Comment

Nice Monorail graphic in your sig Nautilus BTW.
                      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                      -Walt Disney

Comment

I guess the pic didnt show up. Is there another way to upload it on here?
                        I just emailed it to myself and then opened the picture in a link and copied that link. Is there another way to upload a photo. Sorry Ive never uploaded pics before.

Comment

Originally posted by TIS17 View Post
                          I just emailed it to myself and then opened the picture in a link and copied that link. Is there another way to upload a photo. Sorry Ive never uploaded pics before.
                          Here, try ImageShack® - Image Hosting
                          Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                          "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                          -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                          -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Thanks Uncle Bob! (I had no idea you could do GIF animation if Photoshop!)

I'm curious about the IASW lighting also. As for the light strands being there all-year round; the put them up and take them down every year-seems like a tedious job!

Comment

Originally posted by TIS17 View Post

I use tinypic.com
                              Just save the picture to your computer and upload it to tinypic and just copy and paste the link
                              I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known. -Walt Disney

Check out my Clothing Line!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X