Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Random stuff in the P.P. Lagoon...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Random stuff in the P.P. Lagoon...

Hey all.. So we were at the parks this weekend and we happened to be waiting in a VERY long line for Toy StoryMM and I looked over into Paradise Pier Lagoon and there was so much random stuff in there... Shoes, ciggies, a few hats etc... But the thing that panicked me a split second was when I saw all sorts of nuts and bolts under each plank of the coaster track( I am referring to the wooden beams that actually goes into the water)... At first I thought that something was WAY wrong but then I noticed that it was like this at each one.. There must have been at least 20 pieces at each plank!!! I assumed that when they do the maintence the old parts just fall right into the drink but it would have to be a repeated thing to have that many.. Anyone else notice this?? Or has anyone else seent he random stuff in the Paradise Pier Lagoon???

Re: Random stuff in the P.P. Lagoon...

We saw a condom floating in the lagoon last June. It was floating near the fish basket next to the bridge. Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

I have no idea when/where they could successfully pull that one off...

No pun intended... :lmao:

Comment

Well, they are draining it for the WoC and Fun Wheel changes.
      -Monorail Man

Comment

eesh makes me not want to ride the coaster!
        :/

but!
        it being Disney I'm sure it's ok!

Comment

Let's just hope they floated there from somewhere else...

... yes. Hope.

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits View Post
            Let's just hope they floated there from somewhere else...

... yes. Hope.
            from where exactly ;] maybe they threw the remains from its a small world in there too

Comment

Well, it's simple. If they go to replace a bolt and nut, there's the bolt, the nut, the lockwasher, the flatwasher(s), the impact wrench, the socket, the backup wrench... Last I checked, people only have two hands, so unless you have a helper or two (and find a place for him to stand...) or rig up a big net stuff gets dropped.

And since you were replacing the bolt and nut already, it's more important not to drop the tools. Let the old bolt go plop in the drink, it's trash.

As to why, some of the critical bolts holding the track to the support structure have to be tightened regularly (quarterly?) and replaced regularly (biennially?) so they don't have to worry about the track falling off. That's bad.

And sometimes you fumble the new nut trying to put it on blind, especially if it's pointed down and you're trying to stack on a flatwasher, lockwasher and nut all at the same time. You don't want to go grabbing for a falling item and fall off the track yourself, Nuts are cheap, hospital stays aren't.

--<< Bruce >>--
              There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Pee pee lagoon :lol:

Yea I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
                  Well, they are draining it for the WoC and Fun Wheel changes.
                  Yes, keep this in mind.

The whole area does look a little AGP and not very magical right now. It was kind of depressing to see it in such disarray last weekend, but I know it has to look worse before it looks better and maybe they will remove some of the trash, hats, cast member name badges, and coins before they refill it... or just refill it and hide all that stuff again. I've heard World of color will be worth it.

Check out Darkbeer's recent draining pics. A lot of disrepair:
                  Darkbeer's photos- powered by SmugMug

Comment

I thought it was awesome to see it last weekend. I love construction and progress and don't mind a little mess for a while at all, I'm just happy things are happening. We've been waiting over a year for this stuff to get started.
                    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                    -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                      I thought it was awesome to see it last weekend. I love construction and progress and don't mind a little mess for a while at all, I'm just happy things are happening. We've been waiting over a year for this stuff to get started.
                      Amen to that! I'm so excited to see it all coming apart, as it were.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Miss Mickey ears
                        Sun glass
                        someone changes.
                        toys
                        It look like each time water line get lower Disney wash it in lagoon to or pick it up.
                        AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
                        Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                        Older photo
                        New Photo

Member of
                        MiceChat WDW Trip
                        Next trip
                        2014 Dec, 31

Comment

I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but the lagoon is STANKY! I guess they can finally have that "ocean breeze" they've always wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
                            I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but the lagoon is STANKY!
                            That needs to be repeated! That was a funky smell coming off of it.

We saw a lot of sunglasses, cell phone and 1 Cast Member badge. Anyone named Thomas looking for your badge, its in the PP Lagoon. It looked like it was still in pretty good shape.

Comment

Sludge! My friends and I were standing right by the Paradise Pier entrance in front of Ariel's Grotto and the black sludge wasn't a pretty sight.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X