This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] A Disneyland Sunrise

After seeing several threads with photos of the park before sunrise on several occasions during the last couple of years, (10k runs, early openings, etc) I have been looking for an opportunity to take my camera down during the predawn hours to get some shots.

Well, ironically, I need to thank Miley Cyrus and the Disney Execs for finally giving me this opportunity. And I now officially take back every evil thing I've ever said about Miley and her purple birthday party. If it wasn't for the Mileypalooza back on Sunday, October 5, I wouldn't have gotten my chance to finally get to the park before the sun was in the air. I owe her and them an enormous debt of gratitude.

(And...I know that this event happened more than a month ago, but I've been crazy busy.)

So...after the disclaimers, on with the photo thread.

It took a LOT to get me out of bed at 5:00 AM on a Sunday morning, but after huge amounts of coffee, I dragged my butt out the door and was off to Disneyland....with, not surprisingly, no traffic at all.

I parked in Downtown Disney...

...and set off toward the park...

The sky was beginning to glow slightly as I approached the esplanade...

Mickey and his pumpkin friends were still glowing as I arrived just before 6:30 AM. (This was before the time change.)

The lights on Mainstreet were glowing brightly as I entered at 6:30. I've been at Disneyland at dusk dozens of times, but this was the first time I was able to see the glow in the sky coming from the opposite direction.

And, needless to day, it wasn't exactly crowded...

To those CMs that work these early morning hours, I'm sure this isn't such a big deal, but to me, this pre-dawn light was amazing.

There was no rope drop as the park opened exactly at 6:30, and people scattered in all directions to take advantage of the complete and total lack of lines.

For the next half hour or so, I ran around like a maniac trying to get to several spots to catch the park in this light. I started at the hub...

The castle...

...then headed off to NOS where I noticed that the staff of Club 33 was already hard at work...

CMs were just setting out with their ODV carts as I approaced Critter Country...

Much of TSI and NOS was taken over in preparation for Miley's Party, but the view was stunning nonetheless...

As the sun was just about ready to come over the horizon, I headed back across the park...

and made it to the sub lagoon just as the first rays of light hit the park...

Click here for Part II
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 11-19-2008, 10:27 PM.

Re: A Disneyland Sunrise

Very nice!!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Absolutely beautiful pictures! I wish the park was open that early more often so that there are more opportunities to see the park in this light. Truly beautiful, can't wait to see more!

Comment

Very beautiful pictures!
        Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Wow....I salute anyone willing to get up before the butt crack of dawn just to get pictures!! And what spectacular pictures they are! I've only done it once (last Jan. Gumball Rally), and I am so not a morning person!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Wonderful shots. You wake up early and we enjoy the pictures. Life can be perfect sometimes.

Comment

Absolutely Beautiful.

Comment

Truly remarkable.

As always, your photos are amazing. Thanks, Mac Daddy!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Stunning photographs you got there.

:yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Comment

Oooooooo and Ahhhhhhhhh. What a great opportunity. I love that you left us with the stunning shot of the sun peeking up over the lagoon. Leave us wanting more is what you've done!
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, that light really does give a completely different feel, very beautiful.
                      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                      -Walt Disney

Comment

Gorgeous photos indeed...thanks for sharing them!
                        when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Beautiful pictures Mac Daddy...thank you! Can't wait to see more....

I was there at the crack of dawn for the Pirates preview a couple of years back, and the feeling of watching the sun come up over Disneyland was indescribable. Unfortunately, this time, the comfort of my bed won out

Comment

wow, great pictures sir! i would love to bring the slr and do the same, was busy that day or i would have been there
                            -Ricky
                            DLand Connoisseur
                            http://www.djrickyjay.com

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X