Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desert Palms (not Inn) too far to walk??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Desert Palms (not Inn) too far to walk??

I checked out this hotel, seems very nice plus an indoor pool. Is it too far to walk with 1 10 year old, 1 in a stroller? I like the fact that it has suites with a kitchenette and an indoor pool plus it's cheap.

any info

thanks
    Janette

Re: Desert Palms (not Inn) too far to walk??

It isn't that much of a walk at all. Plus if you go past the Alpine Inn you're able to enter through the Timon Lot and use their tram to get to the DLR entrance. I found that to be very convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
      It isn't that much of a walk at all. Plus if you go past the Alpine Inn you're able to enter through the Timon Lot and use their tram to get to the DLR entrance. I found that to be very convenient.
      IF the Timon Trams are running, and they are only using the lot on very busy days.

Also, with about one-third of the lot being handed over to construction worker parking, there is now only one tram stop, which is located right behind Tower of Terror, so a bit of a walk, IMHO, easier to walk straight to the park, or use ART.

Here are the two choices.

The direct walk.

Gmaps Pedometer

So basically 2/3'rd of a mile. (.67)

Now using the Timon Tram.

(Note, I am using my knowledge of the redesigned Timon lot and its pathways to show the path to the tram.

Gmaps Pedometer

So that is a half of a mile (.53) to just get to the loading station, and even when they have the Timon lot open to guests, the trams do not run very often) and then add about 1/10th of a mile from the Tram Unload to the center of the Main Entrance Plaza and you are walking pretty much the SAME distance (.63 vs .67 of a mile).
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

nah, it's not a bad walk at all- even if you can't go in with the trams. It's a very good hotel as well, I've been pleased both times I've stayed

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X