Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Small World?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Problems with Small World?

    Yesterday (Sun. 11/23) my brother-in-law rode IASW first thing in the morning. He said that only one side of the station was operating, and that they were only loading 3 of the 5 rows on the boats, despite a line that was already growing.

    When I rode it at around 5:00, both sides of the station were operating, and they were filling all rows. However, the boat in front of us seemed to get stuck in several spots, and our boat would bump into it, enough to send it (slowly) on its way through the ride.

    Then, as our boat entered the final show room, all the music cut out, and the only sound to be heard was the clicking and whirring of the moving dolls & scenery--until some of us in the boat started singing. As our boat left that room and into the "goodbye" room, the music came back on.

    Does this ride seem to be having a hard time coming back from refurbishment? Anyone else notice problems?

  • #2
    Re: Problems with Small World?

    When we rode it Thursday night, we encountered similar issues with the boat slowing and getting stuck. However, they were loading all rows. Strange, I thought the redesign was supposed to address our fat buts from causing that to happen, but it seemed to be happing more frequently :unsure:
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Problems with Small World?

      I wouldn't say it's the boats fault, but the water jets.

      MGB, Pac-man and myself moved verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly through the scene with the banners right before the Main Show Room. I enjoyed it!

      Also the Alligators head was moving like he has a stiff neck in the Rainforest. Poor fella!

      And the Japanese have English accents when they sing in english! :lol:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Problems with Small World?

        Walt and Mary's ghosts are displeased...?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Problems with Small World?

          I'm pretty sure I was on one of the last boats of the night last evening and we were going excruciatingly slow. Like, painfully, 4 boats bumper to bumper slow. I don't know if it was just a timing issue with the dock or what, but halfway through we slowed down considerably.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Problems with Small World?

            Nothing another year long refurbrishment can't fix!

            See you all next winter!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Problems with Small World?

              We were having issues last night, too. But, we took matters into our own hands- we used the sides of the flume to pull ourselves along! Otherwise we would have been in there for a very long time!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Problems with Small World?

                Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                We were having issues last night, too. But, we took matters into our own hands- we used the sides of the flume to pull ourselves along! Otherwise we would have been in there for a very long time!
                Haha, we did something similiar to this last night. We just scooted forward at a forceful rate to make us go faster. We stalled for about 20 seconds and then started moving again.

                And also, the boats feel so light that you can really tell when one side is lighter than the other. It seriously felt like our boat was going to flip.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Problems with Small World?

                  Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                  Haha, we did something similiar to this last night. We just scooted forward at a forceful rate to make us go faster. We stalled for about 20 seconds and then started moving again.

                  And also, the boats feel so light that you can really tell when one side is lighter than the other. It seriously felt like our boat was going to flip.
                  :lol:

                  It's actually surprisingly easier to pull them than you might think. I did it by myself for a little while before others joined in, which really got us moving! (okay, okay... not that fast, but we got going. )

                  As for the tipping... yeah. Let's just say... we had to lean to one side, several times, to balance the boat out. At least they're buoyant! )

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Problems with Small World?

                    Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                    :lol:

                    It's actually surprisingly easier to pull them than you might think. I did it by myself for a little while before others joined in, which really got us moving! (okay, okay... not that fast, but we got going. )

                    As for the tipping... yeah. Let's just say... we had to lean to one side, several times, to balance the boat out. At least they're buoyant! )
                    See, we didn't think about pulling the boat. We just did the scoot forward thing because I know POTC does that when they stall.

                    I have had bad experiences with boats (especially canoes) and let me say, last night brought back my paranoia. Not fun. Ask Kritter, I was freaking out a little bit, haha.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Problems with Small World?



                      :ghug:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Problems with Small World?

                        Oh' technical problems ,not another they are ruining IASW thread. So I won't have (figuritivly)to run my mouth.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Problems with Small World?

                          Kritter, was Monstersgoboo freaking out or what? She said to ask you.


                          Wow, problems all ready. Thats a good sign. In all seriousness, they're probably adjusting the water jets still. It's been a weekend and a day or two. Give it a little time to adjust and get comfortable again. Even tiolet seats are cold in the morning.
                          Download my EP: Dizz Presents The Free EP

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Problems with Small World?

                            Yeah, that's one thing about the new boats, they seem really sensitive and responsive (if that makes sense)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Problems with Small World?

                              Originally posted by brenden View Post
                              Yeah, that's one thing about the new boats, they seem really sensitive and responsive (if that makes sense)

                              Yeah, like touchy brakes in a car.
                              Download my EP: Dizz Presents The Free EP

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X