X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DisneyIPresume
    Beach Expert
    • Sep 2006

News Rain predicted for Anaheim from this evening until Thanksgiving morning

Hello everyone and an early Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

I just want to put this out there for those of you that may be traveling to So Cal to visit the DLR and/or celebrate Thanksgiving that a rather large storm is due here tonight.

The OC Register has gone city by city and has made rainfall estimates for each of Orange County's cities. They are probably trying to be as accurate as possible because of last week's fires.

The prediction for Anaheim is 2.20 inches of rain falling between this evening and Thanksgiving morning. The lowest estimate is for Huntington Beach at 1.60 inches. So no matter where, it will be significant.

As sometimes happens this can be way off, but I thought I would post it so any travelers to this area are aware and are careful and pack accordingly.

To all -- have a great week and a great holiday. And if you go to the DLR of course have fun!
  • aashee
    Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Aug 2006

Re: Rain predicted for Anaheim from this evening until Thanksgiving morning

Thank you DopplerIPresume. Stay dry!

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
      Beach Expert
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by aashee View Post
      Thank you DopplerIPresume. Stay dry!
      LOL! You too Chad.

Even though I am the Beach Expert I still am, and will always be, the Dallas Raines of Micechat!

(All I have to do is save up for that "fake bake")

Comment

• aashee
        Skeevy Ray Vaughan
        • Aug 2006

It is good to let people know. Looks like Mother Nature is going to have a say in the Sleeping Beauty walkthru opening.

Comment

• Cuddles McHenry
          MiceChatter
          • Jun 2008

I wonder if rain will affect the crowds? I was at the Park yesterday, and it was the most crowded Ive seen it all year. We almost couldnt move in NOS.

Comment

• aashee
            Skeevy Ray Vaughan
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Cuddles McHenry View Post
            I wonder if rain will affect the crowds? I was at the Park yesterday, and it was the most crowded Ive seen it all year. We almost couldnt move in NOS.
            Rain always affects the crowds. With a huge amount of the people there being APs, most of them would just rather wait until it's dry.

Comment

• scotprincess
              MiceChatter
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Cuddles McHenry View Post
              There was no moving up at the small world area either, it was bad everywhere but they are thinking part of the reason it was so busy yesterday is because people went in case in rained today.

Comment

• Cuddles McHenry
                MiceChatter
                • Jun 2008

It just felt like a big pre Thanksgiving holiday crowd to me..or something. There were an abnormal amt of HS kids and families there for a Monday...

Comment

• OldSchoolMickey
                  MiceChatter
                  • Sep 2008

Well, Thanksgiving week vacation has started, so there will be more people at the Park this whole week. Especially kids that are now out of school.

That is why we show up on Wednesday afternoon and stay until the following Wednesday. A few days of controlled craziness, and then we own the place Sunday PM until we leave on Wed.

Gobble...Gobble...

Comment

• Evil Step-Mom
                    Cake Anyone?
                    • Apr 2008

When I was leaving last night I heard a CM tell a guest that there were 40,000 guests in the park at that time.
                    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

• Dreamer20k
                      Following the Second Star
                      • Mar 2008

Meh. I'm going tomorrow. Guess we'll have to find somethin else to do all day! Maybe actually go on rides for once.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

• MonstersGoBoo!
                        You didn't see anything!
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                        Rain always affects the crowds. With a huge amount of the people there being APs, most of them would just rather wait until it's dry.
                        I guess I'm in the minority of the APers who go to park when it rains, my friends and I have been waiting for this all year. Very excited for the rain!

Comment

• Wendygirl
                          Enjoy the now!
                          • Feb 2005

I have a dental appointment in Fullerton at 2 PM, then I was planning to go to the Disney Outlet Store and then head to the Park. From what I heard on the news the bulk of the rain should be overnight tonight and tomorrow morning with only light showers on and off from there on out. I hope so. I'm also hoping it will keep the crowds down
                          sigpic

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
                            Banned User
                            • Jun 2006

All I can say is, "IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!" We are indesprately in need of rain considering how hot it's has been for the past couple of months.

Comment

• MickeyMousePal
                              Animation Domination
                              • Apr 2008

Cuddles McHenry Wrote:

It just felt like a big pre Thanksgiving holiday crowd to me..or something. There were an abnormal amt of HS kids and families there for a Monday...
                              Some of the reason why more people are at the park because more people from out of state are visiting the park. This week most schools and colleges have the week off.
                              Rain does keep people away from the park even AP. Many people don't want to deal with the rain.I went on SuperBowl Sunday this year and many of the rides had short waiting time or walk ons. I think I did every single ride that day. Sunday was very PACKED. At the evening and night it was hard to get one place to another. The crowd died about after the second Fantasmic!.
                              "You are watching FOX"

Comment

• SkeletonStockings
                                Far too curious
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Dreamer20k View Post
                                Meh. I'm going tomorrow. Guess we'll have to find somethin else to do all day! Maybe actually go on rides for once.
                                Yah. Maybe the line for Small World will be short! XD

Honestly, I love the rain. Adding that to Disneyland makes it great, with the exception of probably not seeing as many characters out.

http://skeletonstockings.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Dreamer20k
                                  Following the Second Star
                                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
                                  Yah. Maybe the line for Small World will be short! XD

Honestly, I love the rain. Adding that to Disneyland makes it great, with the exception of probably not seeing as many characters out.
                                  I love it too...but no characters

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

• sediment
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jan 2005

Looks like we're getting it very soon in Ventura County. Like, in the next hour or so. I should go move my car....

Comment

• TikiRoomLiz
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Oct 2006

I doubt it's a large storm, most L.A. news stations tend to embellish on the weather here. There is rain coming, but I highly doubt it will be that dramatic. If anything I'd be more scared of driving around on the streets and freeways if I was travelling since more accidents tend to occur during the first few days of rain.

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                                        Beach Expert
                                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                                        I doubt it's a large storm, most L.A. news stations tend to embellish on the weather here. There is rain coming, but I highly doubt it will be that dramatic. If anything I'd be more scared of driving around on the streets and freeways if I was travelling since more accidents tend to occur during the first few days of rain.
                                        The majority of it is supposed to come over night tonight so most of us will be in bed during the bulk of it.

That being said, I think that they are trying to be more accurate than usual in their reporting because of the burn areas and the threat of flooding and mudslides in those areas. On the other hand, it is possible that they are exaggerating things to get people in these areas to prepare accordingly.

But I have experienced storms here way worse than this. So it is best to be prepared on the roads and for those in the burn areas.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X