X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Quick Question over HMH?

Hi guys! Maleficent Fan here.

I have a quick HMH question that's been bugging me for awhile...

When did the "scarols" get removed from the attraction? And I'm including both the songs themselves that would play from unseen speakers and the "lyric"-adorned lampposts(?) that were placed in strategic places within the HM's gardens.

I know - at least for the past two years I've been there during the holidays - that all they play now is the PM gazebo music.

So do you guys know when the "scarols" were canceled?

(I'm thinking like 2003 or 2004, but who knows...)

Thanks in advance!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Re: Quick Question over HMH?

And why they were as well please?

Comment

I'm not sure, but personally I like the phantom manor music much better.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
        I'm not sure, but personally I like the phantom manor music much better.
        Actually I agree with you; I thought the "scarols" were kind of annoying, but still just curious when Disney decided to cancel them.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
        FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
        Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Comment

I seem to recall hearing that the change was made pretty early into HMH's history...perhaps two years after it started. I never heard the scarols in person, so I can't say what I'd think of 'em. As for the PM gazebo music box track currently in place...I have mixed feelings. I love the track in and of itself - it's beautiful, and a lot of fun to play on piano at that. But hearing it for a while gets old, as would any short and fairly repetitive piece of music.

Comment

I'll agree with Data on this one. As much as I love the piece in the HM queue, I really don't like hearing it. Quite frankly, I think the Haunted Mansion's exterior is a lot more effective without any kind of music.
            Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
            Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
              I'll agree with Data on this one. As much as I love the piece in the HM queue, I really don't like hearing it. Quite frankly, I think the Haunted Mansion's exterior is a lot more effective without any kind of music.
              Yeah...I prefer the mostly diagetic music you hear in the original HM. The foyer dirge could conceivably be coming from an adjacent room...the ballroom waltz is being played by the ghostly organist...ghosts are singing and playing instruments in the attic and graveyard and exit crypt...all these things make sense as parts of the scenes. The only things that don't quite fit this are the seance room and loading area tracks, but those are so ephemeral and ghostly that they work. You don't get that so much with HMH.

Of course, you don't get that with PM either, and by all accounts, it works marvelously there.

Comment

Yeah, I really hate the PM music box tune as well. It gets incredibly annoying & repetitive. So glad they don't play it during the regular Haunted Mansion.

Comment

Here's a link to a page with most of the Scarols, go to the bottom half of the page, and you will see a box with the different songs. Just click on the ones you want to hear.

Haunted Mansion Holiday from Nightmare Before Christmas at Lair2000

For the HMH special event in 2004, they did play some of the scarols, but I don't think they ran the scarols in the queue during regular park hour.

In 2002, when they introduce the scarols, they tried several new things, including adding the NBC songs inside the HMH. It was such a pleasant surprise to see that they were continuing to add new things, to keep things fresh.

In addition to the scarols, during 2002, the ghost host also wanted us to Scream, each time we heard the familar notes to "Grim Grinning Ghost Come out to socialize".

In 2003, they added Oogie Boogie in several places throughout the Mansion. I'm sad that this one is no longer around:

Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X