Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

For the cities chosen for Disneyland didn't one of them have more acres than Anaheim?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] For the cities chosen for Disneyland didn't one of them have more acres than Anaheim?

    In an artice I was reading they said Walt found like 4000-5000 acres in some city like in Fullerton or Santa Ana. Why didnt he choose that city for Disneyland instead of the city of Anaheim?

  • #2
    Re: For the cities chosen for Disneyland didn't one of them have more acres than Anah

    The Stanford Research Institute was given the mission to find another, more appropriate site. The projected growth patterns of Southern California - driven by the newly planned freeway system - pointed to an orange grove in Anaheim, 35 miles south of the Studio.
    The Genesis of Disneyland
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: For the cities chosen for Disneyland didn't one of them have more acres than Anah

      I don't know the amount of acreage he was looking at, but I think he was looking at some land in Fullerton. I don't think he was looking at Santa Ana -- as that is the county seat of Orange County and much of the land in the city of Santa Ana was developed, unless he was looking at land closer to what is now Tustin or Irvine.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: For the cities chosen for Disneyland didn't one of them have more acres than Anah

        If you look on a Southern California freeway map, you can see a nearly direct line from the San Fernando Valley where the studio is, through downtown Los Angeles to the exact location of the current resort property.
        First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
        First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
        BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: For the cities chosen for Disneyland didn't one of them have more acres than Anah

          Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
          If you look on a Southern California freeway map, you can see a nearly direct line from the San Fernando Valley where the studio is, through downtown Los Angeles to the exact location of the current resort property.


          That, and freeways from most major cities in S. Cali cross the Lands path.
          Download my EP: Dizz Presents The Free EP

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: For the cities chosen for Disneyland didn't one of them have more acres than Anah

            All i know about it was that he was going to build ithis humble thing in the parking lot of his studio but obsibely it got way to big and that didn't happen
            "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: For the cities chosen for Disneyland didn't one of them have more acres than Anah

              Originally posted by disneyboi92 View Post
              In an artice I was reading they said Walt found like 4000-5000 acres in some city like in Fullerton or Santa Ana. Why didnt he choose that city for Disneyland instead of the city of Anaheim?
              Anaheim was (correctly) projected to be in a prime location to serve all of Southern California, and it was desirable for Disneyland to be built right next to the Interstate 5 freeway. The little Disney studio couldn't finance the park on its own, as banks were only willing to loan so much, so Walt bought only as much land as he felt he could afford, even though there was a lot more potentially available at the time. The original 160 acres were adequate for decades of expansion of the park itself and automobile parking due to increased attendance, and I suspect that Walt anticipated being able to buy more land as the money from the park flowed in. What he had not anticipated, so it seems, was every scrap of land surrounding the park quickly getting snapped up and developed before he could afford to buy any of it. By then, his dreams and ambitions were growing too large for the area anyway, so with Disneyland set for a good while, Walt turned his attention to cheaply (which implies covertly) acquiring tens of thousands of acres elsewhere, which would ultimately (well after his death) become Walt Disney World (not what he envisioned, but that's where his attention was with regard to real estate).

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: For the cities chosen for Disneyland didn't one of them have more acres than Anah

                Originally posted by Robert Cook View Post
                Anaheim was (correctly) projected to be in a prime location to serve all of Southern California, and it was desirable for Disneyland to be built right next to the Interstate 5 freeway. The little Disney studio couldn't finance the park on its own, as banks were only willing to loan so much, so Walt bought only as much land as he felt he could afford, even though there was a lot more potentially available at the time. The original 160 acres were adequate for decades of expansion of the park itself and automobile parking due to increased attendance, and I suspect that Walt anticipated being able to buy more land as the money from the park flowed in. What he had not anticipated, so it seems, was every scrap of land surrounding the park quickly getting snapped up and developed before he could afford to buy any of it. By then, his dreams and ambitions were growing too large for the area anyway, so with Disneyland set for a good while, Walt turned his attention to cheaply (which implies covertly) acquiring tens of thousands of acres elsewhere, which would ultimately (well after his death) become Walt Disney World (not what he envisioned, but that's where his attention was with regard to real estate).
                well told, good fellow.
                "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)


                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X