• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mac Daddy
    Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Jun 2005

[Pictures] Photo Update 11/25-26: Christmas Fantasy Parade and Wide Angle Night Shots

So I had a little extra time this week and headed over to the park hoping to catch some rain while I was there. While I missed out on the rain as it came much later, I did manage to arrive on Tuesday just before the Christmas Fantasy parade began. As I was anxious to try out my 70-300 lens for the first time on some daytime parade shots, (The bag check folks didn't look twice at it, even though it's officially 5 1/2 inches retracted) I found a spot at the hub looking up towards the Matterhorn and started clicking away.

Before the parade, however, the official Disneyland voice announced that Price Caspian was making his way down first.

This first shot cracked me up. His banner carriers look pretty excited...

Next came the prince. That's a very friendly horse he's riding, isn't it? Big kiss!

You don't have to be a mind reader to know this guy's thoughts...

And finally it was parade time...

With the music box...

...and Toy Soldiers...

Donald....

and Daisy...

and Pluto...

and Mrs. Claus...

and the very talented roller skating snowflakes...

and of course...

Mickey...

and Minnie...

(Scroll down for Part II)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 11-28-2008, 10:26 PM.

• PhotoMatt
    • Apr 2007

Re: Photo Update 11/25-26: Christmas Fantasy Parade and Wide Angle Night Shots

Cool so far.

I would not want to be the guy following the horse.

Comment

• aashee
      Skeevy Ray Vaughan
      • Aug 2006

Wonderful close-up shots. Mac Daddy you are the Mac Daddy!

Comment

• dland_lover
        MiceChat Moderator
        • Mar 2007

Oh wow! Those are great shots! I can't wait to see more.

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
          I'm Theme Park Happy!
          • May 2006

Aweeee Some!

Comment

• WheresMickey
            Looking for Hidden Mickey
            • May 2008

Nice pictures! Can't wait for more!
            Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

• Mac Daddy
              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
              • Jun 2005

Part II - Christmas Fantasy Parade..

Next up were the gingerbread people...

Followed by Max...

...helping his dad...

I have a new found respect for Froggy, Photomatt, Armadillo4, and several others of you who have posted amazing shots from the parade as it's a bugger trying to shoot them as they're prancing around. It's also more complicated in low light, as it was clouding up at 3:45 on Tuesday. If you stop to make an adjustment, that character is already gone, and you'll get a lovely shot of the back of their head.

In any event, here's evil mom and her two daughters...

...which were really quite good...

This lady is terrific. You could see the small kids in the front cowering away from her...

On the other side of the spectrum, all the kids were waving to Ariel...and she was rather popular with the dads too...

Click here for Part III
              Last edited by Mac Daddy; 11-28-2008, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• SingingAngel7242
                Off to Neverland
                • Nov 2005

more more more!!!

beautiful pix!

Comment

• Luke Manning
                  Banned User
                  • Jul 2007

Great pics. I wish I could get such good close up shots like that!

Comment

• penguinsoda
                    Jester of Randomness
                    MiceChat Moderator
                    • Jan 2005

So very prettyful!!! Yeah I wish I could get good shots like that too.... a good camera helps, but a lot of it is some people just have the eye for getting great shots like this too!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• princedalton
                      Follow me on Twitter!!!
                      • Sep 2006

I'm confused...why is there a Pricne Caspian Pre Parade again??? I mean I know it's coming out on dvd soon, but do they usually repeat pre parades?? and whatt happened tto the Bolt Pre Parade??
                      *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

• Luke Manning
                        Banned User
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by princedalton View Post
                        I'm confused...why is there a Pricne Caspian Pre Parade again??? I mean I know it's coming out on dvd soon, but do they usually repeat pre parades?? and whatt happened tto the Bolt Pre Parade??
                        Pre-parades will usually run when the movie is being released in theaters, & for the DVD release. The Prince Caspian pre-parade runs in front of the 3:30 A Christmas Fantasy, & the Bolt pre-parade runs in front of the 6:30 parade.

Comment

• royaldisneyfan
                          KC to DL= 1,640 miles
                          • Jun 2007

Great Christmas Fantasy pics MD! Keep them comin!
                          sigpic
                          Home away from Home.

Comment

• yellow_sub
                            AP holder 400 miles away
                            • Oct 2008

awesome pics! i really need to make it down there before christmas

Comment

• Coast21
                              DCA FTW!
                              • Apr 2008

Awesome pictures!

That horse is very nice isn't it! LOL... the dudes face is priceless, just made my day and LOL @ work.. :lol::bow::lol:
                              Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                              trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

• Wendygirl
                                Enjoy the now!
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
                                I have a new found respect for Froggy, Photomatt, Amarillo4, and several others of you who have posted amazing shots from the parade as it's a bugger trying to shoot them as they're prancing around. It's also more complicated in low light, as it was clouding up at 3:45 on Tuesday. If you stop to make an adjustment, that character is already gone, and you'll get a lovely shot of the back of their head.
                                This is so true. I got there Wednesday just as the Parade was coming down Main Street and so parked myself near the end. The light was fading fast and I guess because they are right at the end they speed up a little. I did get a few good shots though.

Looking forward to the rest. Your's are always terrific.
                                sigpic

Comment

• Armadillo4
                                  It's a music celebration!
                                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                  • Nov 2006

Mac Daddy, I'm super giddy at seeing your Christmas Fantasy parade photos! My faves are the ones of Lady Tremaine with Drizella and Anastasia as well as that shot of Pluto sitting on the float. You've captured wonderful expressiveness as well as the excellent performances from these CMs! :clap:

You've put that 70-300 lens to good use!!! Likewise, the bag checkers didn't give my 70-300 a second glance when I was there last weekend. It seems they've realized that inane lens policy really was a bad idea.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your parade shots and I can't wait for your wide angle night shots. :thumbup:

My eyes are on overload right now. Between this thread, the Friday Dateline Disneyland Column, PhotoMatt's ongoing Holiday Merriment thread, not to mention the multiple trip reports out there (Lizzi's, Dan-tasmic's, etc), it's a true visual feast for the eyes! Wow. Just wow.

Comment

• Mac Daddy
                                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                    • Jun 2005

Thanks for your comments everyone. These are the last of the parade shots before I switch to the wide angle lens for dusk and nightfall.

Christmas Fantasy Parade, Part III.

Close on the heels of Ariel came the rest of the princesses...

Snow White...

Sleeping Beauty...

Cinderella...

and Belle...

...followed by Chip and Dale...

Gepetto amongst others on the the Toy Facotory Float...

Next came the dwarves, starting with Grumpy...

Doc...

and Happy

Before they all went into their fancy choreography...

It seems that not too long ago, there was a float with the Dickens Carolers on it. They all had mics and were singing. I think that disappeared two years ago and they were replaced with the...um...Dickens Dancers? :blink:

And finally it was time for the tongueless reindeer...

And Santa...

And let's not forget Santa's helpers...

Walt and Mickey look out over the chaos that follows immediately after the parade...

And finally, I have seen NO evidence that the economy is affecting the crowds this year. Maybe the numbers will say something different, but I really think every day this weekend will be packed.

Click here for Part IV - Wide Angle shots of 11/25
                                    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 11-29-2008, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Aladdin
                                      Prince Ali
                                      • Jan 2005

Step Mom, Anastasia and Drusilla are among my favorite part of the Christmas Parade - all three of them are always hamming it up! Love it!

I only see the Princesses and Beast in the Ball segment. Were the Princes in the Parade??????
                                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• Luke Manning
                                        Banned User
                                        • Jul 2007

Fantastic pictures of the parade Mac Daddy!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X