Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Thunder: Halloween edition

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] Big Thunder: Halloween edition

    Random idea, as I love Halloween to a insane degree, as most here know..heh. What if Big Thunder got into the Halloween spirit, mostly during the evening operating hours? Light the ride instead with greens, and blues, and have a soundtrack of howling wind throughout the queue, have the little buildings of the old Rainbow Ridge town silent, just lit with flickering candles and occasional moans or low voices, and on the ride itself, the wind noises play throughout along with coyotes howling or voices in the inside sections, like the cave and the earthquake tunnel...add a few skeletons to the rainbow pool area at the start, and at nighttime you'd have a eerie, fun ride with minimal effort. Mainly just lighting, 2 or three props and a different soundtrack and it would be ready to go. It might be a little scary, but I'd like to see it. Your thoughts? Nothing would jump out or be gory, it just would more literally embody the "ghost town" aspect of the ride.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

  • #2
    Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

    Big Thunder, and Frontierland as a whole, is ripe for some spooky halloween fun. Putting the Ghost in Ghost Town would be the perfect addition to Big Thunder Mountain for halloween.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

      I would absolutely love that. It wouldn't need to be a huge, expensive overlay or anything, but it'd add a lot to that particular season of the year. Your idea gets two big thumbs up from me. :thumbup:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

        Would so love that! Would fit with the "story" of the cursed Indian burial ground as well.

        How crazy would it be to have the trains on the north side of the platform running backwards and the trains on the south side running frontwards? No idea of the feasibility of that one, but can you imagine riding that one facing backwards? hehe

        Indy at DLRP did that one year for Halloween.

        But I love the OP idea of lighting changes soundtrack additions. It's subtle yet very effective.

        Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

          Man, the more I think about it, the more I love it. It's so perfect. I'm already known to do Big Thunder two or three times in a row if the line is short enough...this might be enough to boost it to four, although an unfortunate number of other guests would probably have the same idea. =/ But dang...A+, definitely. If executed well, this would put a final nail in the coffin of the idea that we're a bunch of "purists" who somehow oppose any and all change.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

            Originally posted by Datameister View Post
            I would absolutely love that. It wouldn't need to be a huge, expensive overlay or anything, but it'd add a lot to that particular season of the year. Your idea gets two big thumbs up from me. :thumbup:
            Why thank you, and yes, the simplicity is key...add some different lights, make different sound design, and the whole mood of the thing would change. Glad you enjoyed it. And now just imagine...if during Halloween...they could do the same for Haunted Mansion outside. Add a blue or red light to the front, add a soundtrack of wind and voices, a few candles on the balcony....and bam! Ready for Halloween and theme appropriate. Oh well. Back on topic heh....
            when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

              That's a great idea.

              Another Halloween-related thing as well: I think that Disneyland could absolutely destroy the competition if they got into the haunted attraction industry. Maybe keep Disneyland with its "Halloween Time" themeing but do a scary event at DCA. I bet that would be insanely impressive.
              "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
              1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

              JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

                Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                Would so love that! Would fit with the "story" of the cursed Indian burial ground as well.

                How crazy would it be to have the trains on the north side of the platform running backwards and the trains on the south side running frontwards? No idea of the feasibility of that one, but can you imagine riding that one facing backwards? hehe

                Indy at DLRP did that one year for Halloween.

                But I love the OP idea of lighting changes soundtrack additions. It's subtle yet very effective.
                Oooh...backwards in addition would be awesome. I approve of that definitely, good call Mycroft. And thank you for the kind words!
                when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

                  Originally posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
                  That's a great idea.

                  Another Halloween-related thing as well: I think that Disneyland could absolutely destroy the competition if they got into the haunted attraction industry. Maybe keep Disneyland with its "Halloween Time" themeing but do a scary event at DCA. I bet that would be insanely impressive.
                  Totally agreed...I'd love to see a after hours event anchored around Mansion or Tower of Terror, with live actors and a walk through or two...Disney could blow it out of the water. But not likely to happen on the scale or theme I'd want, since they persue family market so aggressively.
                  when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

                    this is a great an idea
                    anything new and different usually makes the ride a lot more entertaing.

                    Plus you get a whole lot more people to ride with just simple advertising like they do during the Halloween season
                    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

                      Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                      Man, the more I think about it, the more I love it. It's so perfect. I'm already known to do Big Thunder two or three times in a row if the line is short enough...this might be enough to boost it to four, although an unfortunate number of other guests would probably have the same idea. =/ But dang...A+, definitely. If executed well, this would put a final nail in the coffin of the idea that we're a bunch of "purists" who somehow oppose any and all change.
                      Well, thank you Data...I just came up with it on the fly heh, but it's simple, and would be moody and effective, I think. Glad you like it!
                      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

                        Originally posted by jackskeleton1015 View Post
                        anything new and different usually makes the ride a lot more entertaing.
                        While I'm still in love with this particular idea, I definitelydisagree with that statement. Bigger is not always better, less is sometimes more, and indiscriminately adding just for the sake of change is a recipe for...er, nightmarish circumstances, if you catch my drift.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

                          Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                          While I'm still in love with this particular idea, I definitelydisagree with that statement. Bigger is not always better, less is sometimes more, and indiscriminately adding just for the sake of change is a recipe for...er, nightmarish circumstances, if you catch my drift.
                          You win the award for totally obvious HMH clue there, Data I think it should be a solid gold version of the blacklight present cutouts.....

                          I kid. But yes, I agree with your actual post...adding things willynilly without thought to how they will actually affect the ride or attraction isn't good.
                          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

                            i would NEVER leave if they halloweened out Frontierland


                            sigpic
                            and they lived happily ever after

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Big Thunder: Halloween edition

                              GREAT IDEA!!!! But do you have any idea what the new name would be or would it just stay the same? Anywho, ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT!!!!!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X