Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The flowers of Disneyland...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] The flowers of Disneyland...

    ..or more specifically, Disneyland's main entrance.

    Can anyone identify the flowers that make up the Mickey floral area in front of Main Street Station?

    Thanks
    My book on a comprehensive study of the Disneyland Railroad CK Holliday is now available at http://ckhollidayplans.com!

    My DLRR CAD Download
    My CK Holliday Project

  • #2
    Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

    I don't know the specific ones for this iteration, but keep in mind the darn thing is replanted every few months to keep the plants and flowers in season.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

      I haven't a clue about the flowers, but I can tell you for certain that around DL and DCA, they plant alot of frehs herbs like Rosemary, Basil and Sage...all of which smell great and are supposed to detir bees.
      It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

        Originally posted by kristibaer View Post
        I haven't a clue about the flowers, but I can tell you for certain that around DL and DCA, they plant alot of frehs herbs like Rosemary, Basil and Sage...all of which smell great and are supposed to detir bees.
        Someone needs to tell Disney to plant some of that stuff in the planters next to the chute as you exit iasw. There's bees all over the place in those planters and if your boat gets backed up lucky if someone doesn't get stung!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

          Originally posted by kristibaer View Post
          I haven't a clue about the flowers, but I can tell you for certain that around DL and DCA, they plant alot of frehs herbs like Rosemary, Basil and Sage...all of which smell great and are supposed to detir bees.
          rosemary repel bees? i don't think so. every rosemary plant i've ever seen has been swarming with bees. but come to think of it, i can't recall ever seeing rosemary in the DLR, so maybe you're thinking of another herb that is smaller in size to go with the basil and sage?
          "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

            I don't know all of the flowers but there is more than one type used to make the image of Mickeyand its surroundings and as mentioned previously they are changed as the seasons change. Currently I know some of the flowers used are Marigolds and Pointsettas.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

              Sorry I can't answer your question, but I did want to say that I hope they change the current display after the Holidays. It has been there for quite some time. It's nice, don't get me wrong. The Tink effect is actually pretty cool. But it seems to have been there much longer than usual? They didn't even do the pumpkin thing for Halloween this year.

              I'm no expert on the standard length of time though, so correct me if I'm wrong...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

                Originally posted by twobluestripes View Post
                rosemary repel bees? i don't think so. every rosemary plant i've ever seen has been swarming with bees. but come to think of it, i can't recall ever seeing rosemary in the DLR, so maybe you're thinking of another herb that is smaller in size to go with the basil and sage?
                The rosemary is at DCA outside of the Wine Country area in massive walls. I agree about the bees, but I have an herb book that says bees don't like it...I guess the bees didn't read that book
                It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

                  Originally posted by LLCMC View Post
                  Sorry I can't answer your question, but I did want to say that I hope they change the current display after the Holidays. It has been there for quite some time. It's nice, don't get me wrong. The Tink effect is actually pretty cool. But it seems to have been there much longer than usual? They didn't even do the pumpkin thing for Halloween this year.

                  I'm no expert on the standard length of time though, so correct me if I'm wrong...
                  With the whole movie release and Pixie Hollow going full bore, I'd guess that the Tink affect is there to stay for a while.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

                    I'm sure that the fine folks at City Hall can give you the answers you seek. They once showed me a thick binder that listed every tree and plant in the park, its location, and included notes about how to take care of it. I'm not sure if flowers were in the book as well, but I'm sure the answers are somewhere in that building.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

                      The flowers in the Mickey Floral are Violas. The reason that has been the same for awhile is because of Tink and the lights that were installed for it. It was not possible to do the pumpkins or poinsettias this year. The plan is to have a whole new look for the new Celebrations Campaign. I personally don't care for the new look, but we'll see what happens.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

                        Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                        Someone needs to tell Disney to plant some of that stuff in the planters next to the chute as you exit iasw. There's bees all over the place in those planters and if your boat gets backed up lucky if someone doesn't get stung!

                        I passed on the info, but any flower is going to attract bees....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

                          i'd like some more info on the plants used in storybook.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

                            Originally posted by yellow_sub View Post
                            i'd like some more info on the plants used in storybook.
                            Which ones?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The flowers of Disneyland...

                              Originally posted by yellow_sub View Post
                              i'd like some more info on the plants used in storybook.
                              Same here since I'm building a storybook/Casey jr model.




                              Also the climbing roses on the arches.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X