Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Here Now...low crowds, monorail issues, holiday merchandise selling out

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Here Now...low crowds, monorail issues, holiday merchandise selling out

Hey everyone,

We arrived at the GCH hotel yesterday around noon and have had a wonderful day and a half in the park. The crowds seem slow, we haven't had to wait more than 20 minutes for rides (not major ones though as we have little ones). We have tried to ride the monorail twice and were told it would be down for an hour both times. I think it was monorail blue that was having problems.

We noticed a Materhorn Bobsled had to be unloaded mid ride from where we were standing in the line for Alice. When we headed to Indiana Jones it was also closed so we did have a few snags today.

A lot of the holiday merchandise is gone already...there isn't a girls (child) t-shirt to be found, the ladies stuff isn't much better. I have noticed that the popcorn containers in DL are halloween ones so I guess the Christmas ones are sold out too.

Oh, and they are also sold out of those nice holiday blankets that they were promoting. Instead they are offering a fleece blanket of different varieties for $15 if you spend $50.

DD's 2 and 4 are having a wonderul. My 4 year old is tall enough to go on some of the big kid rides and is loving it. The tandem seats on the orange stinger were a great idea, she loves it!

I will do a proper trip report when I get home. Two and a half more fun filled days left!!

Last trip:
    December 2008: Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
    June 2006: Disneyland Grand Californian
    February 2005: Anaheim Hyatt
    Feb 2001: Walt Disney World All Star Music Resort

NEXT TRIP: Disneyland Grand Californian March 25th, 2009 (I know, total snob, but once you've stayed so close it is hard to stay somewhere else)

Re: Here Now...low crowds, monorail issues, holiday merchandise selling out

That way it goes with attractions
    I hope today was better and still bug in the monorail.
    I'm not going to restart that one.

Have Great Disney Day.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by katherinemouse View Post
      Hey everyone,

A lot of the holiday merchandise is gone already...there isn't a girls (child) t-shirt to be found, the ladies stuff isn't much better.
      that happened to us for halloween. We went on the 10/18 and 10/19 and the halloween shirt I wanted was gone.

Comment

Seasonal items like the Christmas shirts and Halloween items are obviously for a limited time.

Because of that nature, they essentially make their production run of these items and set a number. Once it is reached, they stop and that's it. Christmas items had been out since Christmas started at Disneyland which was in November.

If they get bought up, they get bought up.

It isn't something that has a long lifespan in the store to begin with as opposed to the Dreams line of clothes or the dated merchandise line which have their models set to "indefinitely." Disney also doesn't like to be stuck with leftover merchandise especially in this economic climate.

My suggestion for anyone that wants seasonal items, get it when it comes out and don't wait. Simple.As.That.

Although you can hope maybe some lost shirts randomly find their way to an outlet store or company d. But that isn't always likely.

Best of luck.

Bye.

Comment

Hope tommorow you have better lucks on the rides and attractions.

Great TR!!
          "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Comment

just so you know its not halloween popcorn buckets being sold its the nightmare before christmas ones which were meant for both christmas and halloween

Comment

teeeease!
              lol, have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by gumby View Post
                My suggestion for anyone that wants seasonal items, get it when it comes out and don't wait. Simple.As.That.

We treat DL merchandise like the merchandise sold at Costco.

Here today, gone tomorrow.

If we see something that we like, we get it and have it sent to the Hotel.

Yep, simple as that.

Keep the great trip report info coming! Have fun!

Comment

On Tuesday night, the princess store in the Castle still had a few of those Throw Blankets...but I noticed how other things were already sold out. Hope you had a great time anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by scotprincess View Post
                    just so you know its not halloween popcorn buckets being sold its the nightmare before christmas ones which were meant for both christmas and halloween
                    Found festive red and green holiday popcorn buckets at California Adventure today! Girls were very excited. We went on every single Fantasyland ride this morning with no wait. Got in the gates around 7:15am. Magical Mornings are a blessing with little ones since they are usually up early. No lineups means much happier children! Going home tomorrow after breakfast with Minnie in the park

Last trip:
                    December 2008: Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
                    June 2006: Disneyland Grand Californian
                    February 2005: Anaheim Hyatt
                    Feb 2001: Walt Disney World All Star Music Resort

NEXT TRIP: Disneyland Grand Californian March 25th, 2009 (I know, total snob, but once you've stayed so close it is hard to stay somewhere else)

Comment

When we were there 11/30-12/07...we also found products were not being re-stocked....empty spots on shelves.....not just holiday things....as for the popcorn buckets the ones we saw were Halloween ones( not Nightmare ones) and over by Nemo they still had some Christmas ones.

Comment

This popcorn bucket side thread is clearly the hot topic.

Comment

Originally posted by katherinemouse View Post
                          When we headed to Indiana Jones it was also closed so we did have a few snags today.
                          Wow. That's a shocker...

Comment

Yeah. indy is almost always down when I want to ride it. xD I hope the monorail gets working for you guys though! I'm going later today, so I'll see about those popcorn buckets.

Is indy down all the time because of the complicated effects?
                            We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

Comment

Aside from the attractions and merchandise issues, sounds like a fun trip! I'm looking forward to a full report.
                              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X