Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Places to eat

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Places to eat

    does anybody no where is the best place to eat inside disneyland?
    somewhere where there is plenty of room to sit and not too long of wait

  • #2
    Re: Places to eat

    "Best" is up to your tastes and budget.

    The "best" for us is Club 33, but you have to be a member or know someone that is.

    Second best would be Blue Bayou, but then again, quite a few folks (at least here on MiceChat anyway) don't feel that it is worth the money. The sold-out tables on a daily basis prove otherwise though...

    Other sit-down table fare restaurants are good too. To save time, make a Priority Seating arrangement ahead of time through Disney Dining at 714-781-DINE (where applicable).

    Check out the DL site (as well as others on the 'net) for a listing of eateries and check out the menu's.

    Then make your decision...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Places to eat

      well i just need decent food for avg around $15-$20 i really just wanna get somewhere quick to eat for like 45-60 min, nothing fancy, but i really dont want to wait all that much for food

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Places to eat

        Personally, I like Rancho del Zocalo. I usually get the Cheese Enchiladas with the red sauce. It's a really big platter because you get four enchiladas, rice, beans, and a small bit of veggies and sour cream and it's only like 10 dollars, if I remember correctly. It doesn't have a really long wait (at least not at the times I've been) and it's a great place to sit and eat, in my opinion.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Places to eat

          Thanks I think i will eat there. Usually i never find anywhere good.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Places to eat

            It's a matter of taste...I don't care for Rancho Zocalo - tastes like school cafeteria Mexican to me.

            For the kind of money you're looking at, I would go for either the French Market, Plaza Inn, Pizza Port or Whitewater Snacks inside the GCH . Everything at DL is way overpriced but at those places you'll get something more approaching value for the money.

            -- Barry
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Places to eat

              If you have an Annual Pass there are discounts at certain locations in each park, and they do help. The Tray-slide and scramble-service locations are a reasonable value - Cafe Del Zocalo, French Market, Pizza Port, Plaza Inn at DL.

              Riverbelle Terrace was good, but they raised the prices a LOT after their last remodel, and the value has gone away.

              If you can hang off till the summer, I hear reports they are going to get something together back at Big Thunder Ranch. :beg: They had a tray-slide Barbecue location there for several years, and it is sorely missed - they tried putting the BBQ at Riverbelle, but they ruined it all around - quality, portions, and prices.

              --<< Bruce >>--
              There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Places to eat

                Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                If you have an Annual Pass there are discounts at certain locations in each park, and they do help. The Tray-slide and scramble-service locations are a reasonable value - Cafe Del Zocalo, French Market, Pizza Port, Plaza Inn at DL.

                Riverbelle Terrace was good, but they raised the prices a LOT after their last remodel, and the value has gone away.

                If you can hang off till the summer, I hear reports they are going to get something together back at Big Thunder Ranch. :beg: They had a tray-slide Barbecue location there for several years, and it is sorely missed - they tried putting the BBQ at Riverbelle, but they ruined it all around - quality, portions, and prices.

                --<< Bruce >>--
                The BBQ thing sounds really tasty

                However, the last time I went, we ate at this place at the edge on New Orleans Square, and in between pirates and HM where they served Fried Chicken, that place was pretty good. I was just wondering if there was any place better with less wait.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Places to eat

                  Originally posted by light1dragon View Post
                  The BBQ thing sounds really tasty

                  However, the last time I went, we ate at this place at the edge on New Orleans Square, and in between pirates and HM where they served Fried Chicken, that place was pretty good. I was just wondering if there was any place better with less wait.
                  That's French Market, and they got rid of the Fried Chicken there - they do Roast Chicken now. They've been listening to Surveys and Market Trends and Consultants (and other voodoo science) and have got the Resort on a "Health Kick", even though most people aren't all that worried about Healthy on vacation.

                  (As long as it doesn't rank as "a heart attack on a bun..." or come with a coupon for a free triple bypass, it's all good.)

                  The only place for Fried Chicken now (well, "Broasted" which is the same thing, pressure-fried like KFC so it doesn't retain the oil) is Plaza Inn - they had it at Riverbelle before the last rehab, but dropped it.

                  Just when you get used to what they have where when, they have to go start changing it all around.

                  --<< Bruce >>--
                  There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Places to eat

                    We enjoy Rancho Del Zocalo. French Market is always nice too - Plaza Inn is a fave, but can get crowded.

                    If you decide you might want to cross the Esplanade into DCA, The Boudin Cafe is great - I had Santa Rosa Corn Chowder in a sourdough bread bowl lastnight and it was FABULOUS...and not too pricey either.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Places to eat

                      If you just want to carbo-load and fill up then have the pasta at the Pizza Port. Don't sit inside though, go through the back and eat in the semi-outdoor area near the entrance for the SM queue. I always leave there completely full. If you're looking for a good time then show up to the Golden Horseshoe about 30 minutes before a show and grab a table and have some chicken strips. Not as much food as Pizza Port but you get a great show along with it. Don't wait until just before the show though since it fills up fast.
                      I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.


                      By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Places to eat

                        I recommend Rancho Del Zocalo, the Blue Bayou, and Redd Rockett's Pizzeria. Rancho Del Zocalo has my favorite food in the park - even though I'm not a big fan of Mexican food - but Blue Bayou is without rival in terms of theming and ambiance. Redd Rockett's...meh, not my favorite, but it's edible.

                        I also highly recommend bringing your own food. I always bring about three PBJ sandwiches as well as some crackers and cookies and so forth, and I've never regretted it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Places to eat

                          We like Plaza Inn, French Market, Cafe Orleans and Whitewater Snacks in DCA. All are within the price range you said. I'd say that French Market and Plaza Inn would be the faster places to eat, since you are on a time crunch.

                          Enjoy and let us know what you choose!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Places to eat

                            Originally posted by goofypirate View Post
                            If you just want to carbo-load and fill up then have the pasta at the Pizza Port. Don't sit inside though, go through the back and eat in the semi-outdoor area near the entrance for the SM queue. I always leave there completely full. If you're looking for a good time then show up to the Golden Horseshoe about 30 minutes before a show and grab a table and have some chicken strips. Not as much food as Pizza Port but you get a great show along with it. Don't wait until just before the show though since it fills up fast.
                            Do they sell new food at Pizza Port? Because the last time I ate there was some bad pizza. We also ate at the semi open area.

                            Oh yeah if you guys have the time can you point out on a map or just say around where are all these good places you are telling me. I'm not the best when it comes to food at Disneyland.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Places to eat

                              I love the gumbo and the pomme frites at Cafe Orleans, the Cobb Salad at Plaza Inn, but both places can get very busy.

                              Like Goofypirate, when I go to Redd Rockett's pizza I sit outside by the SM queue. I really like the pizza salad there and my son loves the chicken fusilli.

                              The roasted Veggie sandwich over at tomorrowland terrace is good too, as is their breakfasat burrito. I like sitting over on the side by the Matterhorn in the morning.



                              Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X