This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Best Place to See Fireworks OUTSIDE of Disneyland

If for some reason you couldn't watch the Disneyland firework show inside the park, where would be the best place to see the show? Other than at the top of one of the nearby hotels.
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Best Place to See Fireworks OUTSIDE of Disneyland

The top of the parking structure is always one of my favorites.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

the esplanade.

Comment

I once had a great view of the fireworks from the #2 lane, northbound on I-5 at Harbor Blvd. However, I'd go with the top of the parking structure if I were you.

Comment

By Hotels I assume you mean the resort ones, but they do play the music and they can be accessed by anyone (ie they aren't gated off).

I like watching from PP right at the entry way to Ariel's Grotto. On the other side there are some tables on the pier's entryway itself and it makes a great spot (It's in front of the store called Treasures in Paradise)
          Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
          "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
          -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
          -August 2nd 2010

Comment

i second the 5 freeway made a great drive last night
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

What is the esplanade? They just let you waltz into paradise pier area and sit there and watch it? haha
              Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                By Hotels I assume you mean the resort ones, but they do play the music and they can be accessed by anyone (ie they aren't gated off).

I like watching from PP right at the entry way to Ariel's Grotto. On the other side there are some tables on the pier's entryway itself and it makes a great spot (It's in front of the store called Treasures in Paradise)
                Wait, you can access the roofs of the Disneyland Resort hotels without having to stay at the hotel? An on top of this, they play the fireworks music?!?!

Comment

Apparently one of the top floors of the engineering building at UCI. A little far away, but I've heard its still cool, since its for free.

Comment

The park vue hotel has a deck.....pretty cool from there.
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

I recently found my new favorite out-of-park viewing spot, it puts you on ground level literally about 300 feet from where they get launched from!

Take a walk from M&F down to Magic Way and then cross to the other side of Disneyland Drive. From there, head toward Ball and stop a little past the big backstage entry gate on the right. There is even a nice little fire hydrant/vent-type thingy to plop your butt on!

But just to reiterate how close you are to the explosions, I found myself having to dodge multiple burning embers and falling shell casings, which really made it more of an experience!

Here's a map of exactly where I'm talking about:

The X is right about where you'll find the vent I was sitting on, and the circle is the fireworks tower where the majority of the show is set off.

For anyone wanting to see the show without all the hassle of actually going into the park, I highly recommend this spot!

By the way, this is the view of the holiday fireworks from the top of the parking structure: CLICKY

Comment

I'd say from the parking lot of DTD. It would be perfect if you have the music BLASTED from your car stereo from your iPod.

Comment

It used to be this little gas station on West Street- but it doesn't exist any longer........nor does that portion of West Street

We saw them once from the elevator in the former Sierra Tower - but that was like 20 years ago.

Comment

I got a pretty good view from my room in the Hilton? down the street from DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                              What is the esplanade? They just let you waltz into paradise pier area and sit there and watch it? haha
                              The esplande is the section between Disneyland park and California Adventure park. There is a compass in the middle and you can buy a brick with your name on it which Disney lays in the esplande. Hope that helps!!

Anyway, I like the top of the parking structure. I believe it is the Minnie Mouse level. It is cool because you can see the Matterhorn and the top of Big Thunder which make for great view of the fireworks!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X