Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Hoping For a Windless New Year =)

As of Now....

Anaheim looks like it will have low 1MPH winds on New Years Eve!

(I know it's subject to change but....:yea
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Re: Hoping For a Windless New Year =)

Then don't eat at Rancho!

:lol:

Comment

I always hate when I hear "Due to winds, tonights fireworks display will be canceled", Disney should *never* admit they can't control the weather!

Comment

Originally posted by Lore View Post
        I always hate when I hear "Due to winds, tonights fireworks display will be canceled", Disney should *never* admit they can't control the weather!
        Yeah, that's what the bubble is for!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lore View Post
          Disney should *never* admit they can't control the weather!
          Or admit that they have no Plan B show for the guests when winds cancel the main fireworks show.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Looks like there won't be any howling winds this year to cancel the fireworks. But also looks like they won't even have any fireworks at DCA at all. I was hoping since there still has been no work in the Bay, they would set up some pyro in there like they have in past years. But as of tonight, there was no sign of anything. In fact, there was still a lot of water in the lowest point of the Bay. Not from the rain, but from the misters that cool the LIMs for Screamin'. Looked like the pump failed that is there to keep pumping the water out that collected behind a little damn they built. So the water was overflowing and then draining down in to the Bay.

But anyway, they were setting up a stage in the Pacific Warf area and Hollywood Pictures Backlot, but nothing in the ampatheater like they usually do. There is still time, of course. But I am betting they expected construction to be under way by now for World of Color, so did not budget in any pyro or dance party at the Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
              Or admit that they have no Plan B show for the guests when winds cancel the main fireworks show.
              Their plan B should be a laser show. :thumbup: Just an idea!

Comment

Fireworks or no fireworks, we're still gonna enjoy New Year's Eve at the Park!

:thumbup:

Comment

There WILL be pyro at DCA this year...at the Hyperion/Hollywood blvd and next to Golden Dreams. It probably won't be anything major, but it's nice they are doing something.

Comment

For the record, who hates that when a firework show is cancelled, the announcer hypes up the show and then let's you down.

Ie. Ladies and Gentlemen, due to winds at higher elevations, Our Fireworks Spectacular, Believe, In Holiday Magic, cannot continue.
                    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                    -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Here's my idea for a "Plan B" if winds cause the New Years or 4th of July fireworks to be cancelled.

Simply launch these babies off: YouTube - Disneyland 4th of July Fireworks 2007

This was the final part of the finale from the 4th of July fireworks in 2007. If winds cause a cancellation in the New Years fireworks, launch this at the stroke of midnight. With the 4th of July, if the fireworks cannot continue (like what happened this year), they have to stop firing the big shells, but maybe they could launch this as a secondary finale.

I think this could work since the pyro shown is relatively low-level and burns quickly. It's nothing spectacular, but they're very loud and it's better than nothing.
                      Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly View Post
                        There WILL be pyro at DCA this year...at the Hyperion/Hollywood blvd and next to Golden Dreams. It probably won't be anything major, but it's nice they are doing something.
                        That is great to hear! After last year's winds, I was hoping they would try and do something this year since there are no sign of winds in the forecast..

Comment

Oh dear, New Years Eve 2007 was dreadfully windy. There was simply no hope for any type of pyro going up in the air that night. Couple that with the special show for this year's 4th of July that came to an abrupt ending five minutes in, and the special Disneyland fireworks shows have been jinxed as of late.

A windless New Year will be welcomed for sure.

That DCA will have some relocated lowlevel pyro is news to me. It's better than nothing I suppose, but as usual, I'll stick with Disneyland proper to welcome in 2009.

Comment

Here's my idea for a "Plan B" if winds cause the New Years or 4th of July fireworks to be cancelled.

Simply launch these babies off: YouTube - Disneyland 4th of July Fireworks 2007

This was the final part of the finale from the 4th of July fireworks in 2007. If winds cause a cancellation in the New Years fireworks, launch this at the stroke of midnight. With the 4th of July, if the fireworks cannot continue (like what happened this year), they have to stop firing the big shells, but maybe they could launch this as a secondary finale.

I think this could work since the pyro shown is relatively low-level and burns quickly. It's nothing spectacular, but they're very loud and it's better than nothing.
                            I agree, they should just use a lot of their lower level pyro, including the salutes seen in the posted link. This should have been done for the most recent 4th of July show.
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                            Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                              This should have been done for the most recent 4th of July show.
                              The announcements prior to that show said that "the show may be modified due to wind" and "we hope to present the full show as scheduled." So there WAS a Plan B, but they went for the full show, and five minutes in, the plug had to be pulled.

It was an unprofessional ending, but safety goes before show.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X