Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

    After examining the Paradise Pier model in the Blue Sky Cellar, I noticed that the blue "tunnels" on California Screamin' were missing.

    My question for you is how are they going to prevent people from looking out of the park borders out to the rest of Anaheim? That must of been one of the primary reasons they were built, for they are placed at all the points where focusing outside the park is possible. I was now informed that they were also built to prevent the screams of riders from disrupting Anaheim homeowners.

    The same goes for Mickey's Fun Wheel and the parachute jump and even the Silly Symphony Swings. I know that the former Sun Wheel allowed views outside the park, but is there anything that could be done to the new wheel to prevent looking toward the Convention Center? (I'm not very good with N/E/S/W Directions.) Same goes for the Parachute Drop and even the Silly Symphony Swings.

    What do you think?
    Last edited by DisneyPro; 12-28-2008, 12:53 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

    First, I'm guessing that the tunnels were simply left off the model and will probably remain, perhaps with some new theming, on the finished coaster.

    Second, it's all but confirmed that we aren't getting the parachute tower. Which stinks, because I was looking forward to it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

      I always thought those were "sound barriers" to keep the screaming guests from bothering the neighborhoods.

      But as far as I am concerned about that, is the only folks that can complain about the noise generated by the guests of Disney are the ones that lived there BEFORE DL was built.

      If folks moved there afterwards, they shouldn't be allowed to complain...

      And if the tunnels are there in an attempt to "prevent" guests from seeing beyond the rides, to do it right, Disney would have to ruin the looks of all of the tall rides to accomplish that.

      And that wouldn't look too nice...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

        Nothing. I could be mistaken, but the primary reason of those blue tubes were built was the same reason for the cones over the seats in the Maliboomer. Keeping the sounds inside the park. It's the nature of the beast of those rides, they are simply too tall to not allow views outside the park.
        At least in Carsland there will be sufficient rockwork to block out views of the outside world.
        "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

          Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
          I always thought those were "sound barriers" to keep the screaming guests from bothering the neighborhoods.

          But as far as I am concerned about that, is the only folks that can complain about the noise generated by the guests of Disney are the ones that lived there BEFORE DL was built.

          If folks moved there afterwards, they shouldn't be allowed to complain...
          Totally agree.

          It's like moving in near an airport runway and complaining about noise: if you weren't there before the airport was built, you knew what you were getting into.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

            Ohhh that is what those tubes were for...

            But, say California Screamin, were to get newly themed versions of the tubes, how could the Fun Wheel and *possibly* the Parachute Drop Tower prevent people from looking out to Anaheim?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

              There is no way they could, short of blocking out that portion of the Fun Wheel windows or Parachute Carriage (more tacky than letting guests see the rest of Anahiem, IMO)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

                Originally posted by DisneyPro View Post
                Ohhh that is what those tubes were for...

                But, say California Screamin, were to get newly themed versions of the tubes, how could the Fun Wheel and *possibly* the Parachute Drop Tower prevent people from looking out to Anaheim?
                You do realize that the "Parachute Drop" in the model is actually the "Jumpin' Jellyfish" ride....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

                  I don't believe so. In the model it shows a green Parachute Drop Tower. It is within the right helix of Screamin'. JJ is outside of the helix next to the Golden Zephyr.



                  Now I haven't heard many plans about JJ's removal or relocation, but I've heard that it may be re-themed and go to Bug's Land. It may be moved to Maliboomer's spot, but the Parachute Tower in the model looks larger than JJ.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

                    It's a different version of the "Jumpin' Jellyfish" ride.. Also, If you didn't know, the model was made over a year ago to give an idea of how Disney could improve that area of the park, not everything in the model will actually happen or look the way it does in the model.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

                      Originally posted by atbsfire View Post
                      It's a different version of the "Jumpin' Jellyfish" ride.. Also, If you didn't know, the model was made over a year ago to give an idea of how Disney could improve that area of the park, not everything in the model will actually happen or look the way it does in the model.
                      Alright:

                      1. You made it come across like the Parachute Drop Tower in the model was JJ, not a new ride with the same ride system.

                      2. I am entirely aware of the reason the Model was built and the Blue Sky Cellar opened this October. The model could of been built 11 months beforehand though...

                      3. I am also entirely aware that the features in the model may or may not come to reality, hence the name "Blue Sky". I am speaking of the Drop Tower in this thread as if it really were to be built, and how Disney could prevent people from overlooking to the rest of Anaheim.
                      Last edited by DisneyPro; 12-28-2008, 03:32 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

                        Maybe they should force guests to wear a neckbrace that doesn't allow them to turn their head to look out over Anaheim???

                        Or threaten to take away their AP if they look outside of the Park!

                        Or worse yet, post the pictures of the scofflaws right here on MiceChat!!!

                        Yeah, that'll teach those guests to quit looking out over Anaheim and Garden Grove!!!

                        How dare they!!!

                        :lmao:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

                          In other words...

                          There is no way to PREVENT guests from overlooking Anaheim/Garden Grove unless every ride was below the level of the fence.

                          Unless of course, they install walls on EVERY ride above the fence level.

                          How would that look???

                          That would not be practical at all and a waste of time and effort.

                          And how many (normal) guests really care about not being able to see beyond the fenceline?

                          I'm sure some actually might WANT to be able to see how far they could see...

                          I know I do. It doesn't spoil the fun or Disney magic for me...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

                            Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
                            Maybe they should force guests to wear a neckbrace that doesn't allow them to turn their head to look out over Anaheim???

                            Or threaten to take away their AP if they look outside of the Park!

                            Or worse yet, post the pictures of the scofflaws right here on MiceChat!!!

                            Yeah, that'll teach those guests to quit looking out over Anaheim and Garden Grove!!!

                            How dare they!!!

                            :lmao:
                            You actually made me laugh with the neckbrace. I can just imagine the CMs attaching neckbraces to everyone going on the ride. :lol:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Paradise Pier and the Rest of Anaheim

                              Impractical - install a well themed wall high enough at least about the coaster's level of a beach scene, with 24 hour lights similar to what they have in the venitian. (ie sunset lights, to nighttime). And on the other side facing the street, could be a whole history mural of anaheim, and the resort
                              practical -leaving it as is and just dealing with it.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X