X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News LIVE FROM DISNEYLAND! New Year's Eve 2009

Hello MiceChat!

In years past I've done a live running trip report from the parks on New Year's Eve and here I am again. Straight from my iPhone to your computer, I'll update you on all the big news at the parks throughout the night

I'll be posting info here and due to convenience, I will be posting photos and additional news on the Dateline Disneyland Twitter page at Twitter.com/DatelineDisney

Tonight's Theme Park Entertainment lineup is:

DISNEYLAND PARK
    • Countdown Central at Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle: 9pm-12am
    • New Year's Eve "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks: Midnight
    • Live High-Energy Cajun Music on the Rivers of America: 8, 9:45, 11, 11:45 pm
    • "it's a small world" Promenade Dance Party: 7pm-12am
    • Tomorrowland Terrace Dance Party with Suburban Legends: 8:30, 10, 11, 11:45pm, 1am
    • Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party with Doc Anello and the Swing Machine: 7:30, 8:45, 9:50, 11pm, 12:15am

DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE PARK
    • Power 106 Dance Party on Hollywood Blvd: 9:30pm-1am
    • Super Estrella Dance Party at Pacific Wharf: 9:30pm-1am
    • 104.3 MY FM Dance Party at Stage 17 in Hollywood Pictures Backlot: 9pm-1am

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: LIVE FROM DISNEYLAND! New Year's Eve 2009

Thanks MG! I've been waiting for something like this to pop up.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Comment

Happy New Year MasterGracey! I was thinking about heading out to the park in an hour but I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get in. Do you know if Disneyland has reached maximum capacity for the day?

Comment

Thanks for the info!

A friend and I are thinking of heading out, but I'm concerned that they'll be cutting off admittance to Disneyland soon...any idea on if they are close to cutting off new people to DL?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I have had no problems entering either park. The parks are busy and they are advising all guests to get hand stamps.

Wait times for attractions are crazy. Nearly every attraction is utilizing extended queue space. Big Thunder is three switchbacks deep out on the Frontierland walkway. Space Mountain has a posted 80 minute wait time. Star Tours' extended queue building is full.

I would expect the park to clear out a little bit for a brief period after the parade. And then I wouldn't be surprised to see the hub start looking like a campground in about an hour or so

If you're planning on heading to the parks, I'd say try to get here ASAP - preferrably before the sun goes down. And if you get into Disneyland, don't plan on leaving until after midnight or else you might have a heck of a time getting back in.

I'll post a photo of the Disneyland waittime board in a few minutes on the Dateline Disneyland Twitter: Twitter / DatelineDisney

Comment

Been told that entry restrictions have begun for Disneyland Park about an hour and a half ago (at 2:30pm-ish), so for One-Day park admissions the Box Office are only selling One-Day, One-Park tickets that are printed on the ticket that they are only good for entry into Disney's California Adventure. One-Day Park Hoppers as well as AP Blockout tickets are also no longer available. Area signage will clearly state that Disneyland Park is sold out but DCA tickets are still available.

Guests with multi-day tickets, pre-purchased tickets (ie through vacation packages), folks who are purchasing Annual Passes today (they are still granting the courtesy "first day visit is exempt from the blockout schedule"), current Premium Annual Passholders, re-entries from folks who have already been inside Disneyland Park before restrictions went into effect, as well as Disneyland Resort hotel Guests are still allowed entry into Disneyland Park at this time.
              Last edited by Burnt Toast; 12-31-2008, 04:07 PM.
              Burnt Toast
              The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Hope you're having a good time, MG. Thanks for braving those insane crowds to give us an update. It's fun to have someone on the ground who can tell us how things are tonight.

Doesn't seem to breezy today, so maybe the fireworks will be a go. (As I typed that a slight breeze kicked up outside. Cross your fingers)

Comment

Happy New Year everyone. I've celebrated a preview new year's eve at the magic kingdom some years ago and plan on doing it again soon at Disneyland...

Comment

BurntToast is correct: One Day-One Park tickets for Disneyland Park are SOLD OUT. Ticket booth CMs are notifying all guests trying to buy tickets.

Comment

What are the crowds like over at DCA?

Comment

Thanks MasterGracey! Your updates are much appreciated for those of us sitting at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                          What are the crowds like over at DCA?
                          Crowds at DCA are pretty light considering it's New Year's Eve. Screamin' and Midway Mania were only posting 30 minute wait time a few minutes ago and neither of their regular queues were full. Seems like everybody wants to be at Disneyland - and really, who can blame 'em?

There's some coastal fog rolling in right now. DCA looks pretty hazy from it. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out with the fireworks tonight. It's already pretty chilly out!

Were getting dinner now and then I need to find somehere to charge my phone for a bit. And then it's time to ring in 2009!

Comment

Thanks for the live updates! It is fun to live vicariously through your posts.

But I have to defend DCA on New Year's. I had a heck of a time for New Year's the last two years while at DCA. Fireworks on the lagoon and dancing your top hat off...good stuff!

So folks, if you're headed to the resort and can't get in to Disneyland, you're still going to have an amazing time. Just keep yourself in the party spirit!
                            MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Disneyland Park entry restrictions lifted at 5:30pm, as I've been told.
                              Burnt Toast
                              The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X