Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What Ride am I thinking of?

I have a memory of riding a ride, I believe it was at Disneyland but I dont hear much about it in articles, books, etc about former attractions...I thought it was a ride that you rode in mine cars? I can perhaps a tour guide saying something to the effect that in the water in the caves were fish that had never seen the light of day.

It was a slow ride, not any sort of roller coaster or anything. This would of been sometime in the 80's, but I have been to WDW in Fla as well, was it perhaps a ride there that I am confusing?

Re: What Ride am I thinking of?

I don't recall anything like that in 80's at Disneyland. You might be thinking of the Mine Train through Natures Wonderland, but that was much earlier in Disney history. Or maybe the Calico Mine Train ride at Knott's Berry Farm.

Comment

You're confused because it's not Disney at all. "Fish that have never seen the light of day" is in fact the Calico Mine Ride at Knott's Berry Farm. It is a slow ride through caverns and mines. It's still around.
      Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Could it of been this:

Rainbow Caverns Mine Train at Yesterland

I don't remember when they closed them down though. Knotts also had a mine train ride at one time I think... but I haven't been to Knotts in years and years.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

If it was a mine train ride, you might be thinking of the Calico Mine Train in Knott's Berry Farm. It is a slow moving partial indoor ride past scenes of miners and caves, though I couldn't tell you personally about the inclusion of dialogue about the cave fish.
          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Thanks, that must be it. We used to do the Disney-Knotts-Universal trip about every 2 years, for some reason I always thought it was a Disney ride.

Comment

I do believe it was Knotts and the Calico Mine Ride. Things change so much over there I could be wrong.
              Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

I also think its the Calico Mine Train at Knott's. In fact, when I was alot younger, I also thought it was at Disneyland, along with the fact that I would call Splash Mountain the Log Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                  I do believe it was Knotts and the Calico Mine Ride. Things change so much over there I could be wrong.
                  The Calico Mine Train hasn't changed though. We rode it a couple of years ago, and it is looking so tired.
                  xo, Deanna

Comment

That dialog is in the Calico Mine Ride at Knott's. A true classic if there ever was one.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanna View Post
                      The Calico Mine Train hasn't changed though. We rode it a couple of years ago, and it is looking so tired.
                      I second that!!! It looks horrible!!! Boring too!!! (Why am I typing so choppy)???

Comment

Some people see it as boring...Others see it as a magnificent trip to the 2,000 foot level.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X