Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Shooting victim honored at Disneyland?

Re: Shooting victim honored at Disneyland?

That is really weird!!! I wonder why the family brought up Disneyland, when Disneyland had absolutly nothing to do with the case. As much as I feel sorry for the family, I think it is innapropriate to suggest that Disney make a statue of their son and put it on Main Street!!! I just don't think that it would match or even belong in the park at all!!!

Comment

^I completely agree!

Comment

They've been commenting on it in the Debate Lounge as well. No clue why Disneyland was even brought up since the incident didn't happen there.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Well it's obvious they brought DL into the fray just for publicity.

If you saw a headline that says shooting victim memorial in Anaheim compared to one that said victim memorial in Disneyland - odds are you're more likely to read the Disneyland one but unless you're living in Anaheim you'll just ignore the Anaheim one.

Comment

Such a weird request.... I feel bad for the Family but I'm totally confused as to why Disneyland should put a statue up. He wasn't shot at Disneyland, and even if he was I doubt Disney would put up a statue.

The weird part is the quick sentence that the guy was Black. How does that matter?
            <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

I specifically did NOT mention it today in my MiceAge column, they are basically trying to get more attention to the case, and using Disneyland as a ploy.

No need to give them more publicity! (IMHO)
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Besides, if there was a statue like that, wouldn't everyone who reads the plaque or is told the story, feel sad? Is that how you want to start your trip to Disneyland? I thought the idea was to get away from the real world.
                I want my cake back!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                  I specifically did NOT mention it today in my MiceAge column, they are basically trying to get more attention to the case, and using Disneyland as a ploy.

No need to give them more publicity! (IMHO)

The things that some people do is incredible!!! I just don't get it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seenoevil View Post
                    Besides, if there was a statue like that, wouldn't everyone who reads the plaque or is told the story, feel sad? Is that how you want to start your trip to Disneyland? I thought the idea was to get away from the real world.
                    I would think people would get the wrong idea and think they guy got killed at the park!

Comment

My only concern about this is if the Civil Rights activists get ahold of this and accuse Disney of being racist.

Comment

Roy doesn't even have a statue in DL. There is one of him at WDW and At TDL but not DL. So there is no way this random guy should get one there. Im sorry for the families loss but they must be idiotic

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Vault View Post
                          Roy doesn't even have a statue in DL. There is one of him at WDW and At TDL but not DL. So there is no way this random guy should get one there. Im sorry for the families loss but they must be idiotic
                          That is a bit harsh but I agree with you that it does not belong in DL' It's too depressing. I would tell them to ask the City of Anaheim to find a proper place.

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
                            My only concern about this is if the Civil Rights activists get ahold of this and accuse Disney of being racist.
                            I sincerely doubt even the most rabid civil rights group would accuse Disney of racism for not honoring this request. They have no reason to erect any sort of monument to this guy, plain and simple, and they can point to any number of reasons why not, the most obvious of which is that this guy's life or death had nothing to do with Disneyland.
                            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by haunted_hottie View Post
                              The weird part is the quick sentence that the guy was Black. How does that matter?

Oh, before this is all over, it WILL matter....

I'd like to hear the FACTS about this case before I make any judgement as to the fault of the officer. There IS more to the story...

Just the FACT alone about the "victims" demanding a statue in DL gives me a LOT of reason to question the entire incident and the blame being put on the officer.

"It's not about the money".

Yeah, right...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X