X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Auditioning to be a Face Character

Greetings, everyone!

I have a question, and I'm hoping someone out there will be able to help me out. I'm going to be pursuing a face character job at Disneyland in 2009, and am trying to do everything I can to increase my chances of actually landing it. Is there anything I can do to give myself more of the "look" that they're after?

I've heard that what they're looking for changes quite often, and that it can be very subjective, but if anyone knows any tips that might give me more of a "character appearance" (for lack of a better term), I would be so appreciative. I'm 5'4" and about 115 pounds, my skin is very fair, and I have a some acting experience -- I'll try to get a picture or two up as soon as I can.

Also, I heard that the first audition of 2009 will probably be later this month. Is there any truth to that?

Thanks, everyone, in advance for your time and help. I appreciate it so much!!!!

Re: Auditioning to be a Face Character

What character are you hoping to be?

Comment

Right now there are no auditions posted and I would doubt to see one this month. With how many cuts the entertainment department is receiving right now I believe they have a good amount of characters on hand at the moment.

Comment

Luke Manning, I would love to be Wendy and Alice, but I think at 5'4" I'm too tall for those roles. When it comes to Princesses, though, my first choice would be Belle. Second would be Aurora. Any face character role would be awesome, though!

RescueTheDay, I heard that they audition for face characters every four months or so. You could be right, though -- with the recession (and cuts occuring everywhere), they might not have auditions anytime soon. I hope they do, though!

Comment

Well, if you get the role, I can't wait to see yah in the parks!

Comment

My friend and I are hoping to audition in 09 as well- we're moving to Anaheim next month to work at DL and are wanting to be characters I hope auditions are soon!!

Good luck with your audition, whenever they are!

Photography
            www.flickr.com/photos/erinlarue
            www.sorabelle.deviantart.com

Comment

The only auditions listed for DLR in the next few months are for the "All American College Band", and the last Face Character ones I recall were last year for the Pixie Hollow Fairies. And with all the economic stuff... just keep checking, maybe something will come up. Here is the link if you don't already have it: Disney Auditions

Stupid economy cutting in on entertainment...
              My Inspirations:
              Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
              AND
              Robert and Richard Sherman

Comment

LOL I want to be Prince Phillip before becoming an Imagineer.
                "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
                -jfsebastian

Comment

Good luck Katara Mai, and 17goingon3!

What they're looking for:
                  Curtsy while you think - it saves time.
                  And also, open your mouth a little wider when you speak.

Have fun!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
                  -Roald Dahl
                  sigpic

Comment

I believe 5'4 is the cut off point. You are too tall to be Wendy or Alice, and too short to be a Princess. I think you have to be under 5'2 or 5'3, or over 5'5. 5'4 is in a dead zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                      5'4 is in a dead zone.
                      Not for fairies. I remember looking at when they had auditions for Tinkerbell and friends listed, and the max. height for them(Iridessa, Rosetta, Silvermist, and Fawn) was 5'4.

http://skeletonstockings.deviantart.com/

Comment

I believe 5'4 is the cut off point. You are too tall to be Wendy or Alice, and too short to be a Princess. I think you have to be under 5'2 or 5'3, or over 5'5. 5'4 is in a dead zone.
                        Uh, not true. =/ They'll take princesses that are 5'3 and up.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
                          Uh, not true. =/ They'll take princesses that are 5'3 and up.

Of all the Princesses I encountered, they are taller then me, I am about 5'4 or 5'5

Originally posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
                          Not for fairies. I remember looking at when they had auditions for Tinkerbell and friends listed, and the max. height for them(Iridessa, Rosetta, Silvermist, and Fawn) was 5'4.
                          Before there were fairies, there weren't a lot of options for people who are 5'4.

Comment

Of all the Princesses I encountered, they are taller then me, I am about 5'4 or 5'5

Before there were fairies, there weren't a lot of options for people who are 5'4.
                            Just because you didn't see girls shorter than 5'4 doesn't mean they won't really hire them. I've known a few girls who were 5'3 princesses (namely Ariel since she used to sit down and height didn't really matter for her). If they like your looks and appearance, then they will hire you.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

Something I would like to say, is also, don't think about "I JUST want to be a face character." Because perhaps if you just start out with a Parade performer (Which they're having auditions for on the 25th at 9am for Celebrate!) then you will be in the system and can possibly show yourself good enough for a character.
                              For most of the time, they'll want people who are already in their system from what I've heard. So try that as well.
                              For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X