Clear All

• [Review] For Disneylanders: Why you should go to WDW

Last edited by PA*; 01-07-2009, 04:35 PM. Reason: addition

1974 WDW
    2006 WDW
    2008 DLR
    2011 TDR

Re: For Disneylanders: Why you should go to WDW

Just wire me 700 bucks and I'll be quick to take your advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
      Only $700?

Comment

Ha! I second that, Data! I have wanted to go to Animal Kingdom for quite some time. I love me some animals!

- Joe

Comment

MissPlaced - for one person flying Southwest from California for a few nights in one of the lesser hotels, with most of the food brought from home...yeah, I think that should be the right ballpark.

Comment

I would, but I just spent it all visiting Disneyland!

1974 WDW
            2006 WDW
            2008 DLR
            2011 TDR

Comment

It should be noted that while FL has some great parks, there is absolutely no comparison between the Magic Kingdom in WDW and in California.

Comment

As a "Disneylander", I LOVE WDW. In fact, I love WDW just as much as Disneyland, but for very different reasons.

I could easily move to FL and would be THRILLED to have WDW as my home parks.

Comment

WDW is great, but it is very expensive, especially if you're staying on sight. When I went, we had a timeshare, luckily. It was one of the only reasons we were able to go. Don't get me wrong, it's great. I had a blast! It was just really expensive.
                  "Won't you please be my prisoner, please, please, please!"
                  "I do not like the cone of shame"
                  "Oh! A ball! Oh boy! Oh boy! a ball!!"
                  "Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, "I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead."
                  "I hid under your porch because I love you."

-Dug=the cutest dog ever!!

sigpic

Comment

I'm going for the first time this year, and I'll admit the thing I look forward to the most is seeing the Country Bears again. :gladsad:
                    A signature should go here.

Comment

MissPlaced - for one person flying Southwest from California for a few nights in one of the lesser hotels, with most of the food brought from home...yeah, I think that should be the right ballpark.

I can't even imagine a 5 hour flight on a 737. Actually, with probably a few stops along the way on a SW plane, more like 7 hours! Yikes!

Comment

As you can see by the ticker in my signature below, my daughter and I will be going in April (unfortunately during busy Spring Break time, but I work at a school and that is the only time that would work for me).

Disneyland will always have first place in my heart but I did love WDW back when we went in the early 90's. My brother (Lost Boy) loved Animal Kingdom so I am looking forward to that. I also am looking forward to seeing Country Bears and Carousel of Progress once more. I would love to see Hall of Presidents but it is apparently going to be down at that time for an extensive refurb, as is Space Mountain which means the People Mover will be down.

One of the things I loved at Epcot back then was that kid in the brain thing. Don't know what it was called but really loved it. I understand it is no longer there. Looking forward to seeing The American Experience again (which I assume is still there).

One thing you did not mention at the Studio Park is their version of Tower of Terror which I am told is better than ours.

We are staying on property at a budget place, The All Star Resort, because we didn't see much point in spending a lot of money on a room we will hardly be in . I made the airline reservations back in August on AA and saved several hundred dollars by making them that early. I made all our resort reservations on the Disney web site which I found very easy to use.

We are looking forward to this trip and happy we can go. But I'm also happy I live so close to Disneyland and can go frequently. I know I'm really lucky in this regard.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                          As you can see by the ticker in my signature below, my daughter and I will be going in April (unfortunately during busy Spring Break time, but I work at a school and that is the only time that would work for me).

Disneyland will always have first place in my heart but I did love WDW back when we went in the early 90's. My brother (Lost Boy) loved Animal Kingdom so I am looking forward to that. I also am looking forward to seeing Country Bears and Carousel of Progress once more. I would love to see Hall of Presidents but it is apparently going to be down at that time for an extensive refurb, as is Space Mountain which means the People Mover will be down.

One of the things I loved at Epcot back then was that kid in the brain thing. Don't know what it was called but really loved it. I understand it is no longer there. Looking forward to seeing The American Experience again (which I assume is still there).

One thing you did not mention at the Studio Park is their version of Tower of Terror which I am told is better than ours.

We are staying on property at a budget place, The All Star Resort, because we didn't see much point in spending a lot of money on a room we will hardly be in . I made the airline reservations back in August on AA and saved several hundred dollars by making them that early. I made all our resort reservations on the Disney web site which I found very easy to use.

We are looking forward to this trip and happy we can go. But I'm also happy I live so close to Disneyland and can go frequently. I know I'm really lucky in this regard.

The Hall of Presidents is going down so they can add Obama, along with a speech for Washington and redoing some of the lighting. Also, Space Mountain is getting a one-year refurb on the scale of Disneyland's (but not necessarily the same thing). I read that the TTA (peoplemover) will be closed intermittently, but not necessarily the whole time, so there is a small chance it will be open, especially because Space doesn't go down until the 19th of April.

You are correct in that Cranium Command is no longer there, and its pavilion sits empty now. The American Adventure is still there. Also, as far as I know, the DHS and DCA ToT are near identical, but I'm not positive.

Comment

I don't know why, but when I recently went to WDW during Christmas, the MK was a let down to me. I can't put my finger on it... it just didn't feel as "magical". I think maybe it has to do with the size. I am so used to Disneyland's small, inviting size and then when I go to the MK it is so huge!

Comment

I'm kind of mixed. I really want to go to WDW, but I've been going to DL for so long that I don't know if it will be the same. I really want to ride Expedition Everest though, but one thing I'd really miss is Indiana Jones Adventure. I don't think Dinosaur would cut it for me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X