Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

    Last night, Kritter, Jennyy, Sir Didymus, and I watched Pixar Play Parade. Lightning McQueen wasn't being the lead of the parade, but we assumed something was wrong with it.

    When The Incredibles portion passed us, it went straight into Finding Nemo. All of us were wondering where the Ratatouille float went.

    Kritter and I found out that the float is no more (hopefully it's temporary). My guess is either continuing problems within the float itself (I just watched a video from December 29th and the float was being towed down the parade route) or the budget cuts.

    I'm hoping that this is only temporary, but with the state of the entertainment budget in the DLR, I really have no idea.
    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 01-08-2009, 08:40 PM. Reason: I contradicted myself.


  • #2
    Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

    oh no!!!! *cries*


    Die Vampire, Die!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

      When I was at Disneyland recently, I enjoyed the Pixar Parade. I have never seen the Ratatouille Movie. Quite frankly, I don't like rodents, except Mickey, Minnie, and Pikachu.
      BarbaraAnn

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

        Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
        When I was at Disneyland recently, I enjoyed the Pixar Parade. I have never seen the Ratatouille Movie. Quite frankly, I don't like rodents, except Mickey, Minnie, and Pikachu.
        It's such an adorable movie. I think you would like it

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

          Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
          It's such an adorable movie. I think you would like it
          I can't bear watching rats in movies. I can't say that I never have. When I do, I find myself dreaming about real ones. I have a real fear of things that crawl. Rats, mice, bugs. My grandson recently got a hamster that roams around his house in one of those hamster balls, and that makes me quite nervous when I visit him. He eventually puts the hamster back in his cage, so granny can relax.
          BarbaraAnn

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

            Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
            Last night, Kritter, Jennyy, Sir Didymus, and I watched Pixar Play Parade. Lightning McQueen wasn't being the lead of the parade, but we assumed something was wrong with it.

            When The Incredibles portion passed us, it went straight into Finding Nemo. All of us were wondering where the Ratatouille float went.

            Kritter and I are friends with one of the performers, and he told us that the Ratatouille float is no more (hopefully). My guess is either continuing problems within the float itself (I just watched a video from December 29th and the float was being towed down the parade route) or the budget cuts.

            I'm hoping that this is only temporary, but with the state of the entertainment budget in the DLR, I really have no idea.
            New year eve Lighting McQueen is in Character Greetings area
            AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
            Alan





            Toy Story Mania construction:
            Older photo
            New Photo

            Member of
            MiceChat WDW Trip
            Next trip
            2014 Dec, 31

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

              hmmmm when i worked new years day it seems like i saw someone getting out of the remmy costume, so it must have been since then.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

                Originally posted by scotprincess View Post
                hmmmm when i worked new years day it seems like i saw someone getting out of the remmy costume, so it must have been since then.
                Well, on Friday the 2nd my brother and I watched it and the float was there. That's why the float's absence yesterday and the news was kind of a slap-in-the-face type of thing. It really wasn't expected.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

                  That's weird that they would do that.

                  I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

                    Well, if the parade was towed down the parade route my guess is they are just performing maintence on it right now. I am sure budget isn't speeding up the process, but I would be SHOCKED if they completly got rid of the float.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

                      I heard the float was cut for budget reasons. Apparently that unit has the most performers with the rats and the chefs on stilts, so they cut it to save money. (Rats on bungees and chefs on those stilts get paid more!) Really dumb move if you ask me. DCA already has such limited entertainment and the parade is already fairly short. No fireworks or parade at all at Disneyland, so they should at least leave the full parade at DCA on the 5 days it runs now..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

                        Originally posted by AaronInCal View Post
                        I heard the float was cut for budget reasons. Apparently that unit has the most performers with the rats and the chefs on stilts, so they cut it to save money. (Rats on bungees and chefs on those stilts get paid more!) Really dumb move if you ask me. DCA already has such limited entertainment and the parade is already fairly short. No fireworks or parade at all at Disneyland, so they should at least leave the full parade at DCA on the 5 days it runs now..
                        In addition to that, I have a friend who has friends in the parade department, and he said that they're extending the parade route to do down Hollywood Blvd., and the Ratatouille float isn't capable of making the turn on to Sunshine Plaza, so...it can't be included.

                        http://skeletonstockings.deviantart.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

                          ID think someof the floats are capable of making the turn from ToT to wher the main backlot street is! And some arn't gonna fit under neath the Holly wood backlot sighn! Look at the vids on you tube and check it out!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

                            Originally posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
                            In addition to that, I have a friend who has friends in the parade department, and he said that they're extending the parade route to do down Hollywood Blvd., and the Ratatouille float isn't capable of making the turn on to Sunshine Plaza, so...it can't be included.
                            You friend is not a good source. The parade will not be going down Hollywood Blvd.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

                              I don't think there are even DAX chips under Hollywood Boulevard. P.S. about the R. float thers a vid on my signature of it bein towed

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X