Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

    Is this just me or does this look like a AP center in the Plaza Pavillion? Look at pictures 175-180 on this page
    Darkbeer : photos : Disneyland Resort - 1/07/09- powered by SmugMug
    Interesting idea in my opinion. At least the Plaza Pavillion is being used now.
    Disneyland - Since 1995
    Walt Disney World - 2010
    Tokyo Disneyland - 2015
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2015
    Disneyland Paris - ????

  • #2
    Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

    I remember getting my pass renwed there once. Its probably one of my first memories of D-land.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

    Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

      Did they expand it during the refurb? I vaguely remember what it looked like before.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

        where is the AP center today??

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

          Originally posted by Goover View Post
          where is the AP center today??
          In the bank on Main Street. It is the first building you see on the right, as you pass under the right Main Street railroad tunnel.

          And it's been BUSY there since the new year began.

          The Plaza Pavilion was used as a secondary AP processing center for awhile during the years before the 50th. I want to say that it was open instead of the bank, but the two may have been open simultaneously during peak times to handle large numbers of AP guests. The things that you see inside of the Plaza Pavilion are left over from that use, as nothing else has been open inside of the building since.
          Last edited by 2DieFR; 01-09-2009, 03:55 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

            The Plaza Pavillion will be the new AP Processing Center because (hopefully) the Disney Gallery will replace the Bank of Main Street once President Lincoln, Washington, and Obama come in for the 55th Annivarsary next year!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

              If Tony Baxter has his way, yes, that is what will happen, per Al Lutz's update.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

                Does anyone know what the Plaza Pavillion was used for before APs?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

                  I think that it used to be a resturant. From what I hear that the backside of that building is used for all of the cooking around New Orleans these days.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

                    Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                    The Plaza Pavillion will be the new AP Processing Center because (hopefully) the Disney Gallery will replace the Bank of Main Street once President Lincoln, Washington, and Obama come in for the 55th Annivarsary next year!!!
                    Yes the Gallery will be going in the Bank/Opera Lobby area... No Washington and Obama will not be added.

                    The conversion of the Bank/Lobby will take a long time... the Walt Disney Offices will be removed (thay have been inventoried for moving(the removal of these items give more momentum into the Carthay being the new Walt Disney Story)). The current Exit of the Opera House will become the new entrance and major remodeling of this area will need to be done... what is the current entrance to the Opera house will becaome the Gellery Entrance while the Bank will serve as the register area and pick-up station for "Print on Demand"

                    the conversion when it gets underway will take 7-9 months
                    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

                    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

                    Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

                      Originally posted by butter View Post
                      Does anyone know what the Plaza Pavillion was used for before APs?







                      A restaurant.

                      Good food, too...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

                        Originally posted by Alpoe001 View Post
                        Yes the Gallery will be going in the Bank/Opera Lobby area... No Washington and Obama will not be added.

                        The conversion of the Bank/Lobby will take a long time... the Walt Disney Offices will be removed (thay have been inventoried for moving(the removal of these items give more momentum into the Carthay being the new Walt Disney Story)). The current Exit of the Opera House will become the new entrance and major remodeling of this area will need to be done... what is the current entrance to the Opera house will becaome the Gellery Entrance while the Bank will serve as the register area and pick-up station for "Print on Demand"

                        the conversion when it gets underway will take 7-9 months
                        Does anybody have any idea when this may start? This sounds really cool.
                        "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

                          Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
                          A restaurant.

                          Good food, too...

                          Correct. My father worked at the Plaza back in the 70's. Had a lot better food options back then.
                          Please wait while we imagineer a new signature!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

                            Originally posted by Alpoe001 View Post
                            Yes the Gallery will be going in the Bank/Opera Lobby area... No Washington and Obama will not be added.

                            The conversion of the Bank/Lobby will take a long time... the Walt Disney Offices will be removed (thay have been inventoried for moving(the removal of these items give more momentum into the Carthay being the new Walt Disney Story)). The current Exit of the Opera House will become the new entrance and major remodeling of this area will need to be done... what is the current entrance to the Opera house will becaome the Gellery Entrance while the Bank will serve as the register area and pick-up station for "Print on Demand"

                            the conversion when it gets underway will take 7-9 months
                            Where did you get all of this information???

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Plaza Pavillion to be AP center?

                              Was just at Disneyland today, and the Plaza Pavilion was already being used as an AP Processing Center, and had quite a line! Curiously enough, the bank appeared to still be open as an AP PC as well... does this mean for a time, one can use either location? How long will that last, having duel locations?
                              Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X