Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What is DL like on Grad nite?

What is DL like on Grad Nite?

Re: What is DL like on Grad nite?

Originally posted by lakersboy92 View Post
    What is DL like on Grad Nite?
    I'm thinking of implementing a scale of crowdedness, using it in the "when DL will be busy?" thread.

0 being empty-appearing, 10 being at capacity, closing the gates.

Grad nights are 11.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
      I'm thinking of implementing a scale of crowdedness, using it in the "when DL will be busy?" thread.

0 being empty-appearing, 10 being at capacity, closing the gates.

Grad nights are 11.
      Not all of the nights are really that crowded. The amount of guests in the park really isnt too high, but the attractions run minimum capacity which makes things appear to be more crowded.

Go to dance and have fun. Dont go for the rides.

Comment

Originally posted by nolimit View Post
        Not all of the nights are really that crowded. The amount of guests in the park really isnt too high, but the attractions run minimum capacity which makes things appear to be more crowded.

So, 11 is a good estimate for the Crowd Index. Thanks!

Comment

Grad night wasn't too crowded when I went, but I've only been once so I don't have a good sampling. I was thinking of flunking my last class and not graduating so I could keep going every year.

Comment

We had a blast for our Grad Nite!

The worst part was the waiting in the school bus in the DL parking lot.

So close, but so far...

Our crowds weren't bad at all. In fact, my GF and I had our own boat on POTC.

We made good use of the long, dark tunnel where Davey Jones is now.

Be prepared for pocket searches and metal detectors (wands) before you enter. And there is a dress code.

Memories...

Comment

Its crowded on the big rides ONLY the kid rides have no lines.
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Never have guests annoyed me as much as they did on Grad Nite. Teenagers were rude, they disregarded the rules, and they intentionally broke down rides. Seriously by 5am I was ready to rip my hair out, and I have a pretty high tolerance level.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
                  The worst part was the waiting in the school bus in the DL parking lot.

So close, but so far...
                  That wait was just evil!!!
                  -Chris

Comment

I had a lot of fun! There are a lot of lights to light up the dark areas (especially the path behind Big Thunder; I think you know why they put the lights there ) and flood lights lighting up the park. Ton of Honda displays everywhere. Same old park, but a kind of a subtle "boom boom boom boom boom" from the crap...I mean... rap music playing in the background. Crowds where light when I went last June.

The only problem was that you had walk the tram route to and from from the bus to the park; which doesn't help when you have soggy shoes when going on splash mountain at 5:30 in the morning on the way back!

But the memories were well worth it. The best part was comparing the beginning, with people running with energy and excitement down the tram route and the end when the sun comes up and people slowly nodding their heads all tired and dragging their feet back to the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirdo1221 View Post
                      That wait was just evil!!!
                      I know!!! Left Fullerton High at 10, didn't even get in the park till 12:30!!

Sitting in the bus sitting in the park structure for an hour was torture!!

Comment

I don't remember the lines being especially long, but this was back in 1992 (yikes!). I do remember a lot of smoking going on.

Comment

Keep in mind that the crowds of Grad Nite thin out as the night progresses into morning. At opening Indy would be close to an hour, a couple hours before closing it would be a walk-on.
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
                            Never have guests annoyed me as much as they did on Grad Nite. Teenagers were rude, they disregarded the rules, and they intentionally broke down rides. Seriously by 5am I was ready to rip my hair out, and I have a pretty high tolerance level.
                            intentionally broke down rides? YIKES! how did they manage that?

side note -- i LOVE your artwork and photography .. i've been a fan for a while haha .. random but yeah :]
                            fdsfsasf

Comment

Originally posted by nolimit View Post
                              This is all you need to know about Grad Nite. Crowds are at 11, there's constant music, shopping lines are always torture, along with the near two-hour long wait in a bus prior to entering the park. (I went in '07, btw)

If you're going with friends and have zero care about riding, go. If you're going with no one and just want to see Disneyland at 3 AM, don't. It's overrated...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X