Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough Attachment

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough Attachment

I was noticing that on the castle in Disneyland just left of the main middle structure that there is an attachment off the side, I believe that just inside is the castle walkthrough just before you see Maleficent summoning her demons, but when I looked at the classic picture of Walt walking through the castle, I saw it was not there. Was this added as part of the walkthrough construction? To help me can someone give me a working picture of the walkthrough layout? Thank You!

DisneyFans.com - DL - 20081205_222549.jpg
    The above link is of the attachment in question
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough Attachment

I believe that would be one of the stairways..Since the castle walkthrough opened a couple of years after the opening, it probably was an addon. The only reason why It would be there before the walk-through was open was to serve as a maintenance stairway. So why didn't they build it there in the first place? I believe that after the castle was built, Walt Wanted something to put in all the spare space in the castle, so there probably wasn't any plans in the design of the castle to have a walk-through.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

Yeah, looks like a stairway

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

Comment

I believe that's the stairway coming down from the Coridoor of Goons that is quite small. Trumpeters were up on the front of the castle on opening day, and I would guess they would have used the first stairway you climb when you enter the castle and the most likely dead-ended at the top. When the walkthrough was put in, my guess is that they needed a second staircase to go down and added on.
        WELCOME ABOARD
        THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

OK, thank you for clearing that up everybody. So now does anyone have the walkthrough layout?
          "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
          -jfsebastian

Comment

^Ooh, that would be interesting to see!

Comment

Closest to that is the virtual walkthrough on the new Sleeping Beauty DVD.
              "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

^Or there is a picture somewhere of Tony Baxter with a model of the castle.

Comment

Google recently acquired a bunch of Life Magazine photos.
                  Google: "Disneyland source:life"
                  This one shows that you could see right through the windows of the castle.
                  Definitely before the walk-through.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X