Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Adventureland Jungle Ruins Walkthrough

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Adventureland Jungle Ruins Walkthrough

Something I came up with the other day....and we all know Adventureland is pretty tight already spacewise, so this would require the D word....demolition. The areas I see going away are the Tahitian Terrace/Aladdin and Jasmine greeting area/storytelling theater, as it gets light use and they can have Aladdin and Jasmine set up with a backdrop elsewhere if necessary, and this is a biggie...the long defunct Main Street former eatery building on the other side of the Adventureland entrance. The pin carts are gone, I don't believe they do the Junior Chef thing anymore, and if anything it's just a DVC location currently.

However, they'd do a facade of the current building, or a new one keeping style of Main Street, and move it forward several feet after the old building is gone, so not to have the visual intrustion onto Main Street. This would be a fully detailed and dimensional flat of a building, angled towards the Adventureland entrance, just much closer to the walkway that currently exists.

And what would replace these two structures, you ask? A slightly rough, "unpaved" looking path (think Indy outside queue, with ground detailing and leaf imprints, slightly uneven in parts) past scenes of the jungle with some AAs (a crocodile pool, perhaps a ominous large looking venus flytrap style plant with remains of explorers that would move, other things that could be done fairly close in to the path) along with british shipping artifacts and crates (Jungle Cruise items) and relics and statuary similar in style to the Temple of the Forbidden eye artifacts. Heavy on atmosphere and sound effects, it would be a twisting path that opens onto views of Jungle Cruise occasionally at opportune moments as well. I am picturing it as being on par with the Treehouse, in being a small-scale walkthrough covering a large amount of ground, and more a small, intimate, charming experience that people would discover. Have a cast member out front to pulse people through, as necessary, and a exit near the other side of the Tiki Room, at Adventureland's entrance. There would be perhaps three larger built scenes, but still relatively compact, and lots of small details like minor AA's, birds, snakes, butterflies, and jungle artifacts along the way.

What do you think? If these two structures which now see only light use went away, would you like to see this come in to the wilds of Adventureland?
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Re: Adventureland Jungle Ruins Walkthrough

As long as they served delicious cake at the end, this would be a smash hit.

I personally love this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
      and this is a biggie...the long defunct Main Street former eatery building on the other side of the Adventureland entrance. The pin carts are gone, I don't believe they do the Junior Chef thing anymore, and if anything it's just a DVC location currently.
      I work for a company in Santa Ana that recently provided hot water units for the former eatery that has been transformed into a back up kitchen for other eatieries in the park, so I doubt they'd be willing to demolish that, but I'm there on the Aladdin Oasis...it's rarely ever open anymore!
      It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

Comment

They could even take it and add some fog and some eerie lighting around halloween time and add some live actors in there and market it as a walkthrough experience like they did with the whole Demon Jungle walkthrough at Hong Kong Disneyland. [Obviously it wouldnt be gory or too scary since it is Disneyland but it would be eerie and creepy and in the Halloween spirit]... That would give them one more seasonal thing for Halloween time along with Haunted Mansion Holiday, and some decorations! And furing the rest of the year they could keep some of the fog and maybe some mist to give the walkthrough an exploratory jungle type of feel.

Still a small jungle walk would be kinda cool though, but highly unlikely it will ever happen!
        Add me... I dont bite LOL!
        http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
        http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Lady View Post
          As long as they served delicious cake at the end, this would be a smash hit.

I personally love this idea.
          Well, most everything is better if you add in free cake at the end. Except maybe infomercials, Jonas Brothers concerts, and anything involving Babara Walters.

Glad you like it!

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me - especially since in that location we wouldn't have to give up much to get it. And since I do my visiting in the summer, a nice shady stroll would be a great change of pace!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
            -Roald Dahl
            sigpic

Comment

Adventureland already has a walkthrough attraction: Tarzan's Treehouse.

Comment

Yes, but from the sounds of it, this one wouldn't involve stairs!
                -Roald Dahl
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
                  Well, most everything is better if you add in free cake at the end. Except maybe infomercials, Jonas Brothers concerts, and anything involving Babara Walters.

Glad you like it!
                  I love any infomercial as long as it has Billy Mays in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=_tyct9l-fD8

Now that's the strength of Billy Mays GUARANTEED!

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                  Adventureland already has a walkthrough attraction: Tarzan's Treehouse.
                  Nah, Tarzan's Treehouse is a lug-your-butt-up-multiple-flights-of-stairs-through. I'd love an actual walkthrough in the literal sense of the term.

Comment

This post is my daughter, Samantha, 13...

"Excuse me but maybe you dont realize the sacred ground youre treading on. Cake could not make a jb concert better because a jonas brother concert is already perfect bliss. The Jonas brothers are cake for your soul.
                    God Bless-
                    Sam"
                    -Roald Dahl
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HelloKimmie View Post

"Excuse me but maybe you dont realize the sacred ground youre treading on. Cake could not make a jb concert better because a jonas brother concert is already perfect bliss. The Jonas brothers are cake for your soul.
                      God Bless-
                      Sam"
                      Please tell your daughter that I LOVE her sense of humor! :lmao:

Comment

That's a good idea. I think that to make it even better is to have more AA of some sort. They make the world go 'round you know.

Comment

The idea has a some good points... But I think what could work is make the Oasis into like an Adventurer's Academy... think of it as the Adventurland version of the Princess Fantasy Fair... you could have Jane Porter, Aladdin, Jasmine, and other Disney Jungle Character do classes to teach kids how to be an Adventurer... maybe even some Hula classes to pay homage to the Terrace... you could have a rotating schedule of Drawing with Jane, Storytelling with Aladdin and Jasmine, Hula with Lilo and Stitch, Archeology 101 with Prof. Indy, Jungle Safty with JC Skippers.
                          Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Comment

Originally posted by HelloKimmie View Post

God Bless-
                            Sam"
                            Well in any case, this response did make me smile...great quote and certainly appreciated. That being said, Rasputina is cake for my soul.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Lady View Post
                              Please tell your daughter that I LOVE her sense of humor! :lmao:
                              Win. :evil:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X