This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 30% Off Promotion Blockout Dates

Sooo as with every promotion, the 30% off a DLR hotel promotion has blockout dates. Unfortunately the trip that I wanted to plan (Feb 19-22) falls in a blockout date range. Does anybody know if DL is expecting a lot of guests that weekend? Or if there is some sort of convention? I understand that every promotion needs to have blockout dates, but it is generally when they expect there to be a large amount of people coming, and these dates just don't seem to fit that criteria. So, I guess what I'm asking is, how did DLR pick which days to offer 30% off?
    "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

--Walt Disney

Re: 30% Off Promotion Blockout Dates

The 19th is the end of MLK weekend. They're expecting it to be busy, so I'm not terribly surprised that it's blocked out.

Comment

Sorry, I was confusing January with February. Never mind. I'm no help.

Comment

In february?
        "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

--Walt Disney

Comment

Okay, no problem

--Walt Disney

Comment

That's odd because Presidents Day ends on the 16th of Feb. I have no idea why they are blocked.

twitter | plurk | Flickr | Photrade

Comment

Yeah they arranged it to INCLUDE president's day. I really do not understand that at all.

--Walt Disney

Comment

We are going to WDW that weekend for my bday to see Block Party Bash! The rates in WDW are higher that weekend as well.. It is Washington's bday on that Sunday feb 22. I didn't think that was considered a holiday, is it?
                Last edited by Brandon; 01-14-2009, 10:47 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

I'm obviously not in the know, but where can I found info on this 30% off rate?

Comment

Sweet my birthday is on the 21st!!!!! If that is a blackout date then the parks should be empty!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It came in the mail for me. It was a big heavier pamphlet thing with a pin number on it that you used when you called to reserve.

Comment

Isn't that presidents day weekend???

Comment

I know a lot of schools have started doing a "mid-winter" break that takes place the week of President's day. So while your dates are at the end of that week, Disney may be expecting larger crowds reserving rooms for that time frame because of the school breaks. Hope that helps.
                          I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
                          then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                            I know a lot of schools have started doing a "mid-winter" break that takes place the week of President's day. So while your dates are at the end of that week, Disney may be expecting larger crowds reserving rooms for that time frame because of the school breaks. Hope that helps.

Yeah, that makes sense, it just doesn't make sense that they'd plan it to include president's day but not include the next weekend because some children may be on break. It would make more sense to start it back up on the 19th.

--Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X