This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Something is missing

I mean something really material and to the true Disneyland Fan, something very meaningful and it makes me /!

In Fantasyland, toward the back there is a store that has been there since the Park opened. It was originally Geppetto's Toy Store, then many things and the last thing was a Laser Crystal shop, which is gone now along with all the other Crystal locations. But that is not what I am talking about.

Before the Laser Crystal Store, there was something from Walt Disney in that store. When you walked through the entrance door and turned around, right above the door frame there 4 hand carved wooden figures. 3 were finished and 1 was not. Walt Disney said that unfinished carving represented Disneyland in that it would never be finished as long as there was imagination left in the world. I guess there is no more imagination as all 4 figures were removed and the CM's working there did not even know that they were there, why they were taken down or what the meaning was. Very sad that they did not even know about the until we told them and then they were startled that they had been removed.

I wonder where they are, why they were taken down, and what will be done with them. They were there for so long and to those of us old enough to remember them and what they stood for, well it's just sad.

I don't know if this next part is true or not, but I was told a long time ago that Walt himself carved those figures for that store. If this is true, then they should not ever have been touched, let alone removed.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Re: Something is missing

Darn Bruce, I never even knew they were there. Any pictures?

Comment

Bruce, I hate to tell you this, but there really is no imagination left in the world, it wasn't just your imagination.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
        Bruce, I hate to tell you this, but there really is no imagination left in the world, it wasn't just your imagination.
        I imagine that there might be some imagination left if people keep imagining images. :blink:

Sorry to hear about their removal. This is the first I've heard of that story.

Comment

I've never heard this story but its a really cool story and they should have never removed them!!
          "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Comment

I know I must have some pictures somewhere, if not I know someone who does. Everytime we go to Disneyland we stopped in there, if it was open, to just look and pay our respects. I have plenty of imagination as I am still a kid at heart. To me this is just more Magic being removed from the Park.
            Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

I don't care what anyone says, imagination is always there.

It's just a matter of who uses it.

Comment

I've never heard of this story.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                  I've never heard of this story.
                  Imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                    Darn Bruce, I never even knew they were there. Any pictures?
                    Me neither. I wish I'd known about this before hand.

Sometimes you don't miss something until you know its gone forever. How sad.

Comment

While I imagine Lost Boy has actually seen these carvings, I also imagine that the story surrounding them is imaginary as well.

Comment

I never imagined they'd get rid of it.

Comment

Lost Boy...Do you remember who you heard this from? Did you hear it on a tour or from a CM? I can't imagine why they would have four carvings just sitting there if there wasn't a story behind it. And maybe it's a situation where the CM's don't know anything about them, but the folks who redesigned the shop stashed them somewhere. Maybe they'll turn up in a more suitable location.

Comment

I don't know anything about the story behind them, but I have seen them too. Here is a pic of 2 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
                              I can't imagine why they would have four carvings just sitting there if there wasn't a story behind it.
                              I believe they used to call it "Theming."

Anyways, it sounds a bit too much like the "Unfinished Castle Spire" story to me... Is there an actual source to this story?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X