• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • princessbrittany
    Boy are we in luck!
    • Jun 2008

[Question] Summer Jobs

So I definitely want to work at Disneyland at least once in my life, and as I'm going off to college in the fall, I figured the best (and maybe only) time would be this summer. Does anybody know if Disney offers seasonal jobs to college kids? We all know that DL gets much much much more busy during the summer, so it would make sense that they would, right? If anybody has any information on this I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd love to hear about whether or not this is even an option, and if so, how I go about making it a reality!

I hope everybody is enjoying their long weekend
    "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

--Walt Disney
  • Alpoe001
    HauntedOne999
    • Aug 2006

Re: Summer Jobs

under the new union contract, new seasonal CMs are treated like red-headed step-children, and worked to death depending on your location... so be prepared
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Comment

• FantasyWatersDude
      Mountain Dew User
      • Sep 2005

Hmmm... yea, I was wondering this too.

I was considering show support or technical services for the park but ehhhhh...

I'd also like to get a feel for it.

Comment

• BurtGummer
        Nill
        • Nov 2007

I'm hoping for the same.....but with the overstaffing as it is, getting any job there is difficult if not impossible. Hopefully by the spring they will be hiring again, but who knows.

Comment

• princessbrittany
          Boy are we in luck!
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Alpoe001 View Post
          under the new union contract, new seasonal CMs are treated like red-headed step-children, and worked to death depending on your location... so be prepared
          Yeahh that's what I was afraid of.
          "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

--Walt Disney

Comment

• Gregmh48
            Disneyland Historian
            • Mar 2005

Disney has seasonal hires with work status Casual Temporary or CT. It basically means that you are required to work all summer, two weeks during the winter, and one week during the spring. The downside is that CTs are paid less than CRs for the same work in some departments. They also accumulate no seniority so if you stick around for the long run you will see less experienced cast members surpass you in shift preferences and cross-training. CTs are able to sign themselves into the parks for free, but do not receive a Main Gate Pass like other work statuses. CTs receive two comp tickets a year instead of the four that everyone else gets.

As an attractions CT for four years, I would recommend it if you just want to work for a single summer or will be going to school far away. If you think you'll want to stay for more than a year and can commute year-round, one of the types of CR might be a better fit.

Comment

• emitopher
              MiceChatter
              • May 2008

I would love to work at DL as a full time CM, but since I can't afford to leave my teaching job and DL wages wouldn't begin to pay my student loans, I have given up on that one. I would love to work over the summer though. I am not a kid and have three degrees, but I would be willing to do just about anything in the park. Is it even a possibility for an older person to get hired on?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X