This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Crowd Report for 1/18/09?

Anyone got the lowdown on crowds today? For DCA especially? TSMM?
    Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
    www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

re: Crowd Report for 1/18/09?

They talked about closing the parking lots in another thread, so I assume it was quite busy today...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

re: Crowd Report for 1/18/09?

Really? Ick...
      Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
      www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

Re: Crowd Report for 1/18/09?

i just left DCA and there was a posted 75 minute wait time fot HTOT so i can imagine TSM is longer i didnt want to find out

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Comment

when I left today Space was at a 60 minute wait and climbing...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

It was pretty scary. We left after only doing a couple things because even Jungle was upstairs! It's times like this that make me grateful for having an AP so I can simply leave and visit on another day instead of forcing myself to wade through a sea of people and cram everything in.
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Crowds were disgusting yesterday.

Facebook me!
              Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

The crowds were really bad yesterday. At one point some of us from our group had to hold hands or a bag strap so we didn't get lost.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcrlvr98/ pictures from the place were happyness happens everyday and were I love to stay.

Comment

Some attractions/areas were busier yesterday than it was on New Years Eve, and I attribute that to the Haunted Mansion and Small World refurbishments, a 101'd Splash Mountain during the hot afternoon hours, canceled entertainment (i.e. R...DCT and the 9pm Fantasmic!), no parades and some construction walls in high-traffic areas, and the high number of 2fer tickets and newly purchased Annual Passes.

To the credit of those attractions that were open, capacity was at its highest. Big Thunder Mountain, for example, was running its maximum five trains at once, and still had a queue that fluctuated above and below 30 minutes in the afternoon/evening. The Disneyland Railroad was running the Ripley, Kimball, Marsh and Holliday on the line, and still every station was full of guests.
                  Last edited by 2DieFR; 01-19-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah, DCA was really crowded!! Even the SRL were long.

Comment

screamin' was at a 40 minute wait that day I cant wait for tonight
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

By 8:30 at night the entire park was a mosh pit.

All of Central Plaza that was accessible had people sitting for the fireworks.

There was only one sliver of walkway available through adventureland/neworleans square/critter country

When both RDCT and F! were canceled at nearly the same time, you can imagine the chaos.

Not only thousands of people packed together butt-to-butt, there was anger in the air! Every cast member was constantly saying "sorry! sorry! sorry!" because everyone was booing (well...not literally "booo!!!!" but more like "UGGHHHH WHAT? COME ON! ARE YOU SERIOUS? UGHHHHH!!!!!"

"THIS IS THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH AND I'M NOT HAPPY! YOU HEAR THAT? I'M NOT HAPPY!" (i hear as i am hurried across a small pathway in the congested main street, as if i am scrambling for a life boat on the titanic. I was tempted to yell "put your life jackets onn!!!!" (LOL)

Well actually, the crowds that night were catastrophic. And i was being saved.

"Sir!!!! sir where are you going this is a one way path!!!"

AH!?!?

chaos chaos chaos.

(screaming baby in the background)

*One high note: 10:30 PM performance of Fantasmic! was done as the last survivers slowly hovered around throughout the show. (by the end of the show, the audience was only half it's size compared to the 9:00 PM showing.)

At 10 PM if you were to look at the ride status, you'd think it was 12 noon on a summer Saturday.

QUESTION: any ideas as to why it was so crowded, despite the obvious (birthdays, APs as mentioned before)

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post

At 10 PM if you were to look at the ride status, you'd think it was 12 noon on a summer Saturday.

QUESTION: any ideas as to why it was so crowded, despite the obvious (birthdays, APs as mentioned before)
                          NAMM Convention, MLK holiday, Disneyanna convention...
                          *** Disney Pinapple Princess ***:ap: Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***

Originally posted by techskip
                          Disney Dorks of the world unite!

Comment

Originally posted by aurora1729 View Post
                            NAMM Convention, MLK holiday, Disneyanna convention...
                            What does NAMM stand for?

Comment

National Association of Music Merchants

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X