Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

    Hi all, usually when visiting Disneyland I and whoever I'm with will eat at plaza inn for lunch and dinner.

    Someday I would like to try Rancho del Zocalo and I would like your opinions on the food.

    Please rate and give your own description on the following:
    1. Citrus Fire Grilled Chicken
    2. Red Chile Enchilada Platter
    3. Carne Asada & Red Chile Enchilada Platter
    4. Soft Tacos Monterrey
    5. Burrito Sonora
    6. Crispy Chips con Limon
    7. Tortilla Soup
    8. Tostada Salad
    9. Hacienda Chicken Caesar Salad

    Your help is MUCH appreciated! By the way, if you have pictures of what some of the stuff looks like....that would be fantastic.
    108
    Citrus Fire-Grilled Chicken
    11.11%
    12
    Red Chile Enchilada Platter
    12.96%
    14
    Carne Asada & Red Chile Enchilada Platter
    12.04%
    13
    Soft Tacos Monterrey
    11.11%
    12
    Burrito Sonora
    18.52%
    20
    Crispy Chips con Limon
    0.93%
    1
    Tortilla Soup
    2.78%
    3
    Tostada Salad
    8.33%
    9
    Hacienda Chicken Caesar Salad
    4.63%
    5
    I don't recommend eating here, the food just isn't that good.
    17.59%
    19
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau


  • #2
    Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

    Our family has enjoyed everything on your list with the exception of numbers 8 and 9.

    Plus, remember, they have free refills!

    Bon Apetite!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

      I like the Red Chile Enchiladas. I like them because they taste good and it's a really big platter that I end up having to share with someone.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

        I have to say I'm not impressed with ANY of the food at Rancho. It all tastes like TV dinner Mexican food to me.
        Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

          Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
          Our family has enjoyed everything on your list with the exception of numbers 8 and 9.

          Plus, remember, they have free refills!

          Bon Apetite!
          Thanks for the quick response! Are you saying that you do not like 8 & 9 or have never tried them? Free refills are always a plus in my book!

          Originally posted by Madasahatter View Post
          I like the Red Chile Enchiladas. I like them because they taste good and it's a really big platter that I end up having to share with someone.
          That's good to know that the chile enchiladas are big enough to share! Thanks!

          Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
          I have to say I'm not impressed with ANY of the food at Rancho. It all tastes like TV dinner Mexican food to me.
          I have never had Mexican food in a TV dinner, but I can't imagine it being all that great just like all other TV dinners. Thanks for your reply!
          "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

            I haven't had anything I liked there. The last time I threw the food away after taking a couple of bites. It was gross.

            I should say since they changed their menu. I used to love the fish tacos they had, but they are no more.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

              Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
              I haven't had anything I liked there. The last time I threw the food away after taking a couple of bites. It was gross.
              I should say since they changed their menu. I used to love the fish tacos they had, but they are no more.
              Tossing food after a couple bites is never a good thing. Too bad they got rid for the fish tacos, fish tacos sound really good.
              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

                Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
                That's good to know that the chile enchiladas are big enough to share! Thanks!
                Well, they're big for me. I don't know what they'll be like for you, if you get them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

                  Sorry about that...

                  We've never had #8 and 9.

                  Sure, it is a mexican restaurant inside a theme park. It is not going to be as good as our local family owned place is and it is not expected to be.

                  But as far as restaurants inside a theme park goes, it's good enough that we occassionally visit it during one of the many trips that we take to DL each year.

                  We don't eat at the Club EVERY trip! :lol:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

                    Originally posted by Madasahatter View Post
                    Well, they're big for me. I don't know what they'll be like for you, if you get them.
                    I' m sure they would be enough for two, I'm more of a small meal more often person so I usually only eat about 1/2 or 1/4 of a normal person. :lol: Thanks!

                    Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
                    Sorry about that...
                    We've never had #8 and 9.
                    Sure, it is a mexican restaurant inside a theme park. It is not going to be as good as our local family owned place is and it is not expected to be.
                    But as far as restaurants inside a theme park goes, it's good enough that we occassionally visit it during one of the many trips that we take to DL each year.
                    We don't eat at the Club EVERY trip! :lol:
                    LOL! Thanks for clarifying that, and you are right...a Mexican food cafe in a theme park is not expected to be the same as a local one...but then again, if you lived up here near me...almost anything better than our Mexican restaurants, believe me. :lol:
                    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

                      I haven't eaten there in about 5 years. The last time I ate there they were offering the BBQ ribs and chicken they used to serve at Big Thunder Ranch. I have never been impressed with the food they serve. I enjoyed the food there when the place was the Casa de Frito.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

                        Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
                        Sure, it is a mexican restaurant inside a theme park. It is not going to be as good as our local family owned place is and it is not expected to be.
                        I would have been happy if they were on par with del taco or taco bell. There food was just disgusting. I had the burrito sonora. I ordered the chicken one, but they gave me beef twice before they got it right and then I ended up tossing it...way gross. (I don't eat beef, so getting it served to me twice was annoying.)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

                          Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                          I have to say I'm not impressed with ANY of the food at Rancho. It all tastes like TV dinner Mexican food to me.

                          This... Oh my gosh This.
                          All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

                            I love Mexican food, so I'm quite particular about it when I eat it.

                            Unfortunately, I've never been real fond of Rancho del Zocalo.

                            I've tried to like it, because I thought the previous Mexican restaurants that were there were pretty good. I mean, they weren't the best Mexican food restaurants I've been at, but for a theme park, I thought they were okay. Of course I was a kid/young adult at the time.

                            I just don't care for most of the dishes I've had at Zocalo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Questions About: Rancho del Zocalo

                              I do not believe that it is too hard to see what I like at Rancho Del Zocalo...











                              (<<<<<< HINT!)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X