This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Jay Mayer the singing bust and golden horseshoe revue veteran passes

Jay Meyer passed away on Jan 18th, in addition To his service to his country for four years in the Marine corp during WWII, Jay had a lengthy Singing career working with the best of the best. To Disneyland fans we will have known Jay for his 13 years in he Golden Horseshoe revue as well As being one of the singing busts in Disneylands haunted mansion.
    Rest in peace Mr. Meyer.
    Services will be held jan 31 at 10am at sherman oaks Presbyterian:

Re: Jay Mayer the singing bust and golden horseshoe revue veteran passes

Which bust is he? Condolences to his family and friends! He sounds like he was a great guy!
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

Comment

A video I found thanks to youtube of Jay.....indeed, it is a shame to lose him, he sounds like a good man, and condolences to his family and friends.

YouTube - Jay Meyer
      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Rip.
        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Here is a video of him singing Too-Ra-Loo-Ra, only this time on the Golden Horseshoe Stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=L3s3GQKu_CA

And after looking around, I answered my own question. I believe he's the bust that says, "Start to shriek." I love him! So sorry that he is gone.
          My Inspirations:
          AND

Comment

From looking into it on another website, I believe this bust to be Jay...

when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

That's my favorite singing bust. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Is he the man (besides Wally) that is in the version of the reveue that is in the disneyland "red" album? the one that sings the irish songs?
                *** Disney Pinapple Princess ***:ap: Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***

Originally posted by techskip
                Disney Dorks of the world unite!

Comment

i believe so... i may be wrong. But he is singing Irish songs in the videos above.
                  My Inspirations:
                  AND

Comment

I couldn't tell from the video...awww....I liked him. :-(
                    *** Disney Pinapple Princess ***:ap: Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***

Originally posted by techskip
                    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

Comment

Re: Jay Meyer the singing bust and golden horseshoe revue veteran passes

I had the opportunity to speak to him several times and he was one of the nicest gentlemen you'd ever know.

Besides his Disney connection, he sang with The Skylarks, The Sportsmen and the Ray Conniff Singers.

R.I.P. Jay. You were a class act.
                      Next WDW trip: July 7 - 16, 2010 Wilderness Lodge :yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X