• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ttztotdca50
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Trip Report Our Extremely Hilarious "Aladdin" Performance

Okay so we just saw today (January 31)'s 5:50 PM performance of Aladdin at California Adventure. In the Mezzanine section, there was this one far-left section of people (they filled up the entire 50 seats or so) that had people with some common identity...don't know what it was lol.

Anyways, during the scene (after "A Whole New World") where Aladdin mentions how he can't give Genie his last wish to set him free, that entire section started booing Aladdin for not giving Genie his wish!! (realizes this is a humongous section of people simultaneously booing). Genie and Aladdin became quiet for a bit, before Genie said "Are there cows in the theater or something?" (Aladdin tried to hide a smile at this point). The group continued to boo, at which point it became infectious and most of the theater was booing Aladdin for not holding up his end of the deal to Genie!

After the crowd quieted down, the Genie said "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? He (pointing at Aladdin) is the good guy! Gooood guuuuuy!! If you gotta boo someone, boo at Jafar! Heeeee's the baaad guuuy!!"

So the scene finally continued on, until the part where Genie transforms Jafar into the Sultan. His dialogue went something like this:
    "Poof. You're the Sultan. (Crowd starts booing loudly, calms after about a minute)." At this point, Genie points at Jafar and everyone starts booing again, and stops when he puts his fingers down. He points at Jafar again, and everyone starts booing again. Then he pointed at himself, and everyone loudly screamed with joy. Then he started his routine: Pointing at Jafar twice, then pointing at himself, so it souded something like: "BOO-BOO-YEAH! BOO-BOO-YEAH! BOO-BOO-YEAH!" (try saying it outloud to get the full effect). The chant resembled something along the lines of the opening of the song "We Will Rock You" by Queen, so Genie started singing "Buddy youre a boy make a big noise..."! After the applause and laughter died down, Genie gracefully made his transition into the "Are we through yet?" part.

It may sound absurd in words, but for anyone that was there, you would know how excellent it sounded. I don't know who that large group was, but humungous kudos to Genie for his ingenious ad-libbing (and to Jafar for dutifully laughing during the total of about 4 minutes of booing).
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."
  • DisneyRoyalty
    Rather Be At Disneyland
    • Sep 2007

Re: Our Extremely Hilarious "Aladdin" Performance

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    After the crowd quieted down, the Genie said "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? He (pointing at Aladdin) is the good guy! Gooood guuuuuy!! If you gotta boo someone, boo at Jafar! Heeeee's the baaad guuuy!!"
    I've had this happen before too, a few weeks ago when I saw the show. Guess a lot of people boo Aladdin at that point :P

Comment

• WeWantsTheRedhead
      in the Golden Afternoon
      • Oct 2008

omg i wish i could've been there for that. sounds like fun :]

Comment

• Rocker
        I Don't Care
        • Sep 2006

Dude, what I just read made me laugh. If I ever go to a show, this I gotta look out for.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

• Goover
          I eat TR's for breakfast!
          • Jul 2008

Boo Boo YEAH!! Boo Boo YEAH!!!

Aladdin you're a boy make a big choice
          Playin with a girl your gonna be a big man some day
          You got guilt on yo face
          You big disgrace
          Kickin your genie all over the place

BOO BOO YEAHH!?!? BOO BOO YEAH!?

Comment

• Stitchy
            Disappearing/Reappearing
            • Jun 2006

THAT is hilarious. I laughed just thinking about the boobooyeah part. Too funny.

Comment

• Dreamer20k
              Following the Second Star
              • Mar 2008

*stares at your icon and DOES. NOT. BLINK.*

Sounds like an amazing time!

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

• Baloo
                • Jun 2005

sounds funny but also annoying and rude for a large group of people disrupting the show for guests that could have been seeing the show for a first time.

Comment

• royaldisneyfan
                  KC to DL= 1,640 miles
                  • Jun 2007

I love how the Genie improvises even through crowd reaction. Great and funny story!
                  sigpic
                  Home away from Home.

Comment

• Rex Dopey24
                    Goofy
                    • Jul 2006

wow that is so funny i can't believe that. lol.

Comment

• Goover
                      I eat TR's for breakfast!
                      • Jul 2008

the genie is just outrageous.

Last time i saw the show he randomly broke out into a "single ladies" bananza.

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
                        Banned User
                        • Jun 2006

Oh, man, I wish I can been there. I would love to see it. That would have been a blast!!! I ended up seeing the first showing at 12:10.

Comment

• kelkan
                          MiceChatter
                          • Oct 2008

I love Genie's improv..... I was there Fri for the 4:15 show and he was standing next to Jafar and someone screamed "we love you Genie!!" Genie laughs and told Jafar... "they love me, you... not so much..." He went on with "the Bird is the word" bit that had some of the other actors turning their faces so you can't see them laughing :thumbup:
                          Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

Comment

• MsSarah
                            formerly PretzelSouls!
                            • Aug 2007

:lol:
                            "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• ISeeTheMatterhorn!
                              New MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2008

He was at his best last night, too. At the 5:50 show.

1. The Genie told Aladdin he couldn't wish for any more wishes, "just like Blagojevich."

2. Then, at the Sultan pepper shaker part, Genie and Jafar did their typical stares at each other, and Jafar starts staring at the crowd. Genie then said, "You have too much eye liner. Did you learn that from Amy Winehouse?"
                              Jafar snapped his neck at Genie and his mouth dropped. If he could have talked at that point, you know it would have been: "What did you just say?"

3. During the stairs scene, the Genie said, "This is better than any Super Bowl halftime show!"

Great stuff.

Comment

• Mar-Que?!
                                Captain Pineapple
                                • Oct 2005

Hahaha that sounds awesome! Reminds me that I need to see Aladdin again next time I'm there
                                --Mar-Que?!

Comment

• CupcakeTerror
                                  Sugar & Spice
                                  • Apr 2007

I LOVE the improvised parts of the show... the Genie really steals every scene he's in. The reality is (at least to me) that the Genie is why so many people see the show repeatedly.
                                  <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

• Capt Hook
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jun 2006

Re: Our Extremely Hilarious &quot;Aladdin&quot; Performance

My mom has always said they need to change the name from the Aladdin show to the Genie show cause Genie stills the show all the time.

Comment

• sunnygirl
                                      rainy day girl
                                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                                      sounds funny but also annoying and rude for a large group of people disrupting the show for guests that could have been seeing the show for a first time.
                                      I was thinking the same thing. :botox: The improv aspect of the show is wonderful, but when obnoxious peop[le in the audience start to ruin it for everyone else, that doesn't sound very funny to me. Just rude.
                                      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

• WheresMickey
                                        Looking for Hidden Mickey
                                        • May 2008

Very funny, i wish i was there!
                                        Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X