Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Springsteen yells "I'm going to Disneyland" at end of SB halftime show

That was cool and unexpected! I wonder if he was paid by Disney to do that or if he just threw it in for fun.

BTW, he only yelled it about Disneyland and not Disney World. The Super Bowl is in Tampa, Florida this year.

Re: Springsteen yells "I'm going to Disneyland" at end of SB halftime show

Sweet. I wasn't paying attention to it

Comment

Yeah I missed it
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Bruce is the greatest! New album, new tour...it's gonna be a good spring! I'm going to Disneyland too!
        It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.

Comment

That was the best halftime show in years! Bruce is indeed the "Boss"!

BTW, I wonder if he got confused of which one of the Disney parks was in Florida?
          sigpic
          Home away from Home.

Comment

Awesome! Not Disney World, Disneyland!

I haven't seen any advertising for Disney Parks during the Super Bowl yet, but there have been some for Universal Studios (NBC Universal). With this, I guess they didn't need one!
            Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Awesome! Not Disney World, Disneyland!

I haven't seen any advertising for Disney Parks during the Super Bowl yet, but there have been some for Universal Studios (NBC Universal). With this, I guess they didn't need one!
              He screamed "I'm going to Disneyland!" right when he finished singing "Glory Days". Talk about a fantastic show! I think he must have said it to be funny ..and because he loves the place.

There was a Disney commercial during halftime which advertised the Disney Pixar movie "UP". Can't wait for this one to hit the theaters.
              Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-01-2009, 07:46 PM.
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

My entirely candid response to his remark was "What the eff did he just say about my theme park?!"

Then I figured out.

But I was prepared to beat him down if it had been anything mean.

Comment

Nice perk for the Park!

Comment

Let's face it...it's because DisneyLAND is the best!

Comment

ehh, gotta disagree bout it being the "best" halftime show..I liked it when the rolling stones and britney spears (loove her!) performed a couple years back. But then again.. i dont even know any of his music, im not THAT old! lol jk!

Comment

It's already on youtube

YouTube - Superbowl XLIII Halftime Show "Bruce Springsteen" 2/2

Comment

Ha, yeah I think he meant to say "DisneyWorld." Because he mouthed it after he said "I'm going to Disneyland!"

...but it just shows Disneyland is the best.

Comment

Every year around this time Disney comes out with an ad where the superbowl champs say they are heading to Disney World. They are obviously paid by Disney to say it, and I suspect Springsteen was as well. Springsteen may have made a mistake saying Disneyland not Disneyworld...I'm guessing that to be the case since the bowl is in Tampa this year right?
                            Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by tasman View Post
                              Every year around this time Disney comes out with an ad where the superbowl champs say they are heading to Disney World. They are obviously paid by Disney to say it, and I suspect Springsteen was as well. Springsteen may have made a mistake saying Disneyland not Disneyworld...I'm guessing that to be the case since the bowl is in Tampa this year right?
                              That's not the case here. I did some digging, and this was not the first time Springsteen said this.

During a performance in March of last year in Orlando, Florida, he shouted, "I'm going to Disneyland!" as well. So, it's just a reference to Disney World, and he did it again tonight since the Super Bowl was held in Florida.

From his official Web site:

While things started out with a very dark and intense performance of "Blood Brothers," the mood brightened considerably with energetic, physical performances of "Out in the Street," "Spirit in the Night," "Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?," and "Candy's Room" early in the set. At times, Bruce was even in a playful mood. Before "Livin' in the Future," he shouted out "Orlando! I'm going to Disneyland [sic]!," a moment which would have seemed impossible last night.
                              Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X