This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Small World - General Comments - Moved From Review Thread

This is a thread for general comments on the Small World attraction reopening today at Disneyland. General comments will be moved from our official review thread into this thread. Thank you all for your help in keeping the review thread as clean as possible so our readers can quickly scan for pictures, news, and reviews.

The official thread is located here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post-here.html

What do you think of what you've seen so far?

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Reviews of New "Small World" at Disneyland - Post HERE

the new dolls look really nice. im so looking foward to some more reviews and pictures.

Comment

Re: Small World - General Comments - Moved From Review Thread

My opinion stands exactly as it has for some time now.

* The changes do not support the theme of the attraction one bit.
      * Visually, most of them are very consistent with the rest of the attraction. (The animals and Toy Story dolls are major exceptions.)
      * The America scene isn't the worst thing in the world, because all it does is depict us in the same light as the rest of the world - which is exactly the intent of the attraction.
      * I'm glad the rain forest was at least partially preserved.
      * Ultimately, I don't care what they do, because I very rarely ride the attraction. Maybe if they had decided to go "interactive" with guns, that'd change.

Comment

I'd like to hear from the two people who voted "They ruined it".

Did they actually go on the ride?

Comment

its hard to ride when your 3,000 miles away, but i think the 2 videos and countless pics up now will suffice.

Comment

I didn't think it was too bad. Generally, the revisions were tasteful, and WDI seemed determined to follow Mary Blair's design intent by following her concept art for America and the AAs used previously. I thought Donald Duck and the caballeros, as well as Alice and Stitch, were too prominent, while Mulan and Cinderella I didn't even recognize. I am still unhappy the original message was tarnished, but very, very glad that the existing scenes were generally left intact and that the rainforest scene still exists (although relocated). I just wish WDI could do a renovation these days without a major film tie-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
              I'd like to hear from the two people who voted "They ruined it".

Did they actually go on the ride?
              Unfortunately the American scene is seriously offending the anti-American communists who live in this country and vomit at the sight of the flag.

Comment

The children I rode with actually seemed to like trying to find the characters amongst the other figures. almost like an eye spy game. The ride still does what it was intended to do. It entertains.

If its turned into an eye spy game for kids, then NO, the ride no longer does what it intended to do and WDI has OBLITERATED the enitre POINT, MESSAGE, and THEME, of the attraction.

Comment

FYI - When I left at 10:30 AM, there was NO line whatsoever. I think that might be the case all day as long as they leave both sides open with APs only coming in.

Comment

I think you might want to wait until you ride it OTownGuy before judging it...you may actually like it, or, have your current thoughts affirmed.

I personally have been skeptical, but I will wait until we go in May to give my final though.

I'm a huge Disney fan and never understood that Small World was about children coming together (uniting). Not sure why...but it never clicked. So for me, when my daughter is searching for the Disney Characters, I know she is making memories...yeah they are different from mine, but they're still Disney memories.

Thank you to all who have shared pictures and thoughts with us.
                    http://twitter.com/#!/CaseyCBeard

http://www.facebook.com/Coach.Casey.Fitness

www.beachbodycoach.com/caseyb

www.myshakeology.com/caseyb

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte View Post
                      Unfortunately the American scene is seriously offending the anti-American communists who live in this country and vomit at the sight of the flag.
                      Not enough in the world to convey my reaction to this.
                      Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                      : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

I really like the Alice doll. I think she was really well done, i'd love to get a plush of her or even a doll if one exists.
                        Cinderella looks weird, Pumba looks like a girl, Pinoccio looks huge for a wooden toy other than that it's nothing too noticeable and it kinda looks nice.
                        I can't wait to see more pics/video as they come in.
                        Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

The revised attraction opened over two hours ago.

I just looked out my office window.

Nope. The sky is not falling.
                          "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
                          -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

Comment

Originally posted by brassplayer View Post
                            The revised attraction opened over two hours ago.

I just looked out my office window.

Nope. The sky is not falling.
                            Wait for it!

Comment

Can't wait to see it.
                              To my respect from a Dodger fan.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X