• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • March Hare
    finally a teacher!
    • Feb 2006

[Fun] Random Acts of Kindness at Disneyland

This may have already been done, but it could be fun anyway. I was inspired by the pet-peeves thread to start a new thread to share random acts of kindness that you have seen or experienced in Disneyland.
    I'll start....

When I was a little kid visiting the park for the first time, my family was standing in the crowd to watch a show (I think it was Fantasmic) and being a six year old in a crowd, I couldn't really see much. Just as the show was starting, the man standing in front of me turned around and offered to switch places with me so that I could see better. I still remember how nice it was of him to give me his hard-earned spot in the front of the crowd.

Have you witnessed or experienced the kindness of strangers or perhaps really dedicated CM's in the park?
  • PanTheMan
    NEVER to Old To Fly...

• May 2005

Re: Random Acts of Kindness at Disneyland

Having to ride an ECV last sunday I was very impressed by a great many peoples kindness and help. Of course there were a few buttheads, but as a whole I was impressed by very many. And of course EVERY cast member was outstanding.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

• Ryancr78
      We set sail for the sky
      • Nov 2005

Last October my boyfriend and I were awarded two of the dream fastpasses on our very last day in the park when we were only going to be staying for a couple of hours. We were both tempted to just keep them as souvenirs but we decided to be good samaritans and give them to someone. So, as we were exiting the park we approached this man on Main Street who had a few kids in tow and offered them to him. His response? "You're just giving them to us? Um, ok." Not even a thank-you!

Comment

• alphabassetgrrl
        • May 2005

What a great thread!
        I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

• hbwriter
          MiceChatter
          • Nov 2007

This is sorta related, but when I went with my school a while back, my friends were obsessive about getting to Space Mountain to get a fastpass first thing. On the way, I stopped to help a lady in a wheelchair get down the MS curb, and my friends ditched me because they said I was too slow. It took me half an hour to find them!

Comment

• brenden
            Banned User
            • Jun 2007

I've been given fast passes at the end of the night before by people leaving, so I always try to do the same for others. Even if I don't intend on riding something, if I can get a fast pass, I'll get one, just for the sake of giving it away to someone who looks like they're not there as often as I!

Comment

• Vasooki
              Vasooki-land Owner
              • Aug 2008

I was given a fastpass to BTMRR last sunday when I was getting in line for it. My friend and I were so happy! It was crowded until 2:15 when people left for the game, so it was great.

I've also given away countless FPs and things. Once though I made this little special needs girl so happy. I saw her staring at the [2007] Dream ears, and I had seen her a couple times that day. I already had a set of the ears, and I won a pair. Well, when I saw her again, I decided to give her my ears. It was a great moment, because the happiness in her eyes was fantastic! The mom was speechless as to why a 13 year old would do that. I will always remember that.
              We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

Comment

• LuvsLilo
                So fetch
                • Sep 2005

One time a woman helped me load/unload my stroller on the tram. I was very thankful because a few times people pushed ahead of me since it took me a while to get the stroller and a 2 year old on the tram.

Comment

• MsSarah
                  formerly PretzelSouls!
                  • Aug 2007

Multiple times I've had very kind people give my friend(s) and I fastpasses that they weren't going to use.
                  "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• sunnygirl
                    rainy day girl
                    • Apr 2005

I tripped some toddler, and when she started to cry, I helped her up.
                    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Eric5675
                      Senior Monorail Minion
                      • Mar 2008

That's th best answer. I'm six feet tall and night vision isn't so great so little toddlers beware! I've helped a number of people with directions, given Fastpasses, acted as a tour guide, and swiped my AP for others to get a discount!
                      WELCOME ABOARD
                      THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

• eyes_of_mara
                        OM NOM NOM
                        • Feb 2005

Set the wayback machine to May 5, 2005...

My friends and I snagged primo seats in front of the castle for the Remember... Dreams Come True premiere. We ended up making friends with the 10-odd groups of people around us, and passed the time by telling DL stories, passing along park advice, and sharing delicious snacks.
                        Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

• HelloKimmie
                          Missing Main Street
                          • Jan 2009

Great thread - I've met so many great people in the parks!

Waiting to get on the shuttle one night after a looong day in the parks, with two toddlers and a stroller in tow- when it was obvious we weren't going to make it on, (it was full) a super nice couple and their son got off and gave us their space.

Talk about kindness! (And what a neat example for their son.)
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
                          -Roald Dahl
                          sigpic

Comment

• amosina
                            New MiceChatter
                            • Oct 2008

As a teenager I went to Disneyland.. it was a warm day but the nights were cool so we had taken a change of clothes..while changing I had left my wallet in the restroom...about an hour later I realized it was missing and where I had left it..went to lost and found and someone had turned it in.. money intact! I thought that was pretty amazing! I have since found someones really nice camera and someones oakleys both left behind on rides.. I turned both into the lost and found....just figure karma is a good thing!

Comment

• SingingAngel7242
                              Off to Neverland
                              • Nov 2005

I was just seated in my seat on pirates and a guy in the row in front of me was wheelchair bound. His wife (who was rather small) was trying her best to lift him from her position on the dock, not having much luck. The man who was to be seated in that row helped to lift the guy far enough to get into his wheelchair...I just thought that was really awesome...especially since the CMs just stood there.

Comment

• Rocker
                                I Don't Care
                                • Sep 2006

A long time ago back in the summer of 2003 when we came back home on vacation from Oklahoma, I was really into California Screamin. I had ridden it 7 times that day, and while I was about to get in line, a father with a couple of kids walked up to me and offered me a fastpass to go on it since one of his kids didn't want to go on it. So I took the offer, and got to go on it again. That was very nice of the man, now that I look back.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

• kimbaloo05
                                  Lady & The Tramp
                                  • Jul 2008

I don't have really any great experiences like any one of you.

But as a former castmember they would us teach us the Disney Way!

Comment

• im grumpe
                                    • Jan 2009

may 2008 we just got off buzzlighyear ride and noticed my daughter lost one of her pins.we went back twice but no one found it then we went into the store and a cm helped us she went to the pins took the pin my daughter lost off the rack and gave it to her.she told me mickey can spair it.

Comment

• OldSchoolMickey
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Sep 2008

Sure, we do the everyday stuff like wishing folks a happy birthday because they were wearing their buttons and we always thank the CM's for their fine work, but this is probably our favorite example of a "random act of kindness":

We were talking with a young couple while waiting in line for the Monorail a few years back. He was clean-cut and looked to be military. Turned out they were on their honeymoon. They looked to be in their early 20's. Nice kids!

We continued talking with them while enroute to the T-Land station. They really didn't have any plans for their brief trip to the Park, and it sounded like they didn't have much in the way of a budget for it either. A trip to DL was it for their honeymoon (nothing wrong with that!).

He was a newly hired police officer (my career is LE) and she was trying to be a teacher.

As we were going our seperate ways, I asked them if they wanted to have lunch with us later on that day. They said sure. I told them to meet us in front of the Blue Bayou at a certain time later that day.

They were waiting for us when we got there. They were concerned about the prices at the BB. I told them don't worry about it, that lunch was on us. A wedding present. After some convincing, they reluctantly agreed.

They started to walk into the waiting side of the BB lobby, but then I told them that we weren't eating there. They had a funny look on their faces, and then the door to Club 33 opened. I invited them to follow us in. Their jaws dropped! hehe

They had heard about the Club, but had never been inside.

We enjoyed a very nice meal with them. We exchanged info and they went to enjoy the rest of their special w/e. We've kept in touch with them and have met them a few times at the Park since then.

Sure, we know they enjoyed our meal together, but we also felt good about being a part of their special w/e.

Comment

• amosina
                                        New MiceChatter
                                        • Oct 2008

Ok...hands down..that has to be the nicest random acts of kindness...I am sure they will never forget that!! What a wonderful memory to give them!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X