Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is different between Disney and Hong Kong version of IASW?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What is different between Disney and Hong Kong version of IASW?

Someone told me that the Hong Kong version of IASW is different from the new version at Disneyland and im wondering if someone could please list the differences because I thought they were now the same?

Re: What is different between Disney and Hong Kong version of IASW?

Hong Kong: Mowgli, Baloo, Prince Charming, Wendy, Bambi, Thumper, Pocahontas, Meeko, Flit, Peach, Marie, Mufasa Sun.

Anaheim: Alice, White Rabbit, Jaque, Gus, Jiminy Cricket, Mushu.

I think that is it.
    Last edited by Kritter; 02-07-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I just watched a video of Hong Kong's I actually think it looks nice but the pics ive seen of disneylands look pretty terrible and I read that the new figures dont even blink or move? Thats such crap!

Is there a youtube vid?

Comment

They're both Disney versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
          I just watched a video of Hong Kong's I actually think it looks nice but the pics ive seen of disneylands look pretty terrible and I read that the new figures dont even blink or move? Thats such crap!

Is there a youtube vid?
          Most of the characters do move and blink, I think the only ones that don't are aladdin and jasmine.

Check out my trip report with video here:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...iasw-more.html

Comment

Here is a link to some pictures of the characters in Hong Kong IASW. I personally like the choices of characters better. I think they are implemented a little more properly, especially the Woody and Jesse.

http://flickr.com/photos/jobber99/with/2859234475/
            Last edited by DisneyMickey; 02-07-2009, 03:39 PM.

Comment

This comparission is further proof thta the american parks are an afterthought to the Disney company because we are a "mature market". I can't wait till Disney gets whooped by this recession into action. Best thing I can say to folks is stop visiting the parks, stop renewing AP's and buying park merchandise until they start upping the quality at the parks.

Thanks for the vid and pics btw!

Comment

Stitch actually looks much better in Hong Kong, much more toy-like. However, i'm glad that Cinderella and Lilo don't have those toothy grins that their counterparts in Hong Kong have, as well as how Nemo and Dory are dimensional figures as opposed to flats.

Comment

Well their Woody is definitely better than our creepy, disturbing version IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tool View Post
                    Well their Woody is definitely better than our creepy, disturbing version IMO.
                    They both look creepy and disturbing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X