This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Moving to Disneyland :D

So, my friend and I are making our move to Anaheim in less than a month to work at, as mentioned, Disneyland

We're taking a short trip there the 26th of February and leaving March 2nd so we can interview, and vacation of course!

I'm personally very excited, of course, and just wanted to share that excitement with everyone else! If anyone has any tips, that'd be awesome!

Photography
    www.flickr.com/photos/erinlarue
    www.sorabelle.deviantart.com

Re: Moving to Disneyland

I hear that the castle is very cozy.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

Comment

Watch out for cats, they have rabies and diabetes.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
        Diabetes? what?
        I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing-it was all started by a mouse

Comment

Originally posted by wanderw1 View Post
          Diabetes? what?
          Well they do live off coke and churros!

Comment

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
            Nothin' wrong with bein Diabetic

Comment

Wow you guys are getting jobs? I thought there was a long waiting list! Well congrats thats amazing!
              *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Congrats! I'm glad you get to share the experience with a friend, makes it twice as fun.

Comment

I just noticed that you're moving from my area! I'm about 15 minutes north of Seattle. I'm a liiiiiiitle jealous you're going to be in the sunshine soon and we have a month or two more of gray ahead.......

Okay, more than a little.

Comment

Originally posted by MaleficentMel View Post
                      Nothin' wrong with bein Diabetic
                      Nothing wrong with rabies either.

Comment

I'd say it'd be wise to prep yourself for the dumb questions they tend to ask at any job: what's your greatest strength/weakness, describe a situation you've had @ a different job where you created a guest service opportunity, defused a situation with an irate guest, etc. Those are always a pain to answer off the top of your head.

Also be prepared to be flexible with your schedule.
                        Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

Good luck, I hope it works out for you two. Keep us updated. Maybe I'll see you someday backstage!

Comment

Originally posted by eyes_of_mara View Post
                            I'd say it'd be wise to prep yourself for the dumb questions they tend to ask at any job: what's your greatest strength/weakness, describe a situation you've had @ a different job where you created a guest service opportunity, defused a situation with an irate guest, etc. Those are always a pain to answer off the top of your head.

Also be prepared to be flexible with your schedule.
                            Good advice. Also make yourself available 24/7 to the park. Be prepared for the possibility of a interview with another person as well. It can really throw you off if that person takes your answer and you have to come up with a different answer on the spot. ALWAYS keep smiling during the interview. They love that. And be enthusiastic as well.

Comment

Some people might disagree, but this thread doesn't really belong in this forum. There's another forum called the Break Room, and there are already several threads about getting jobs at Disneyland. I've helped several people with preparing for their interviews, and so far I haven't heard any bad news from them.

Here's what I posted in another thread:
                              Originally posted by tj9991 View Post
                              I had an interview just last month, and posted quite a bit about my experience. I gave an overview of how the process went here. I also wrote some interview tips in my eHow article.

I'm not even an employee yet, so I'm not in that great of a position to give advice, but here's what I got out of the interview which may help: don't hold back. When I finished my interview, there wasn't a single time where I thought I could have tried harder to answer their questions or demonstrate my social skills.
                              Piano performances: Bohemain Rhapsody, To Zanarkand
                              Theatre organ performances: Singin' in the Rain, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite, My Foolish Heart

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X