This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] A day @ DL: Through a Disney haters eyes

I found this little blog interesting. DL can really change a person, can't it?

FunKiller: I hate Disney

Re: A day @ DL: Through a Disney haters eyes

That was a lovely read. It's always nice to hear that sort of thing - and he's not the only one who I've heard similar sentiments from. Thank you for posting that! =)

Comment

Very cool article, thanks!
      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
      -Walt Disney

Comment

very cool read. I'm glad they enjoyed it!

Comment

His reasons for hating on Disney were kinda lame to begin with.

Comment

Just goes to show that the Disney has enough magic to melt the heart of even the biggest curmudgeon.
            Thanks for posting that ~ it made my morning.

Comment

If only we could get every naysayer and grump into the parks for just a day, just a moment in time. All one has to do is place the idea in their heads.

Just once.

Peace,
              Roo
              husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

The author said he hadn't been to DL since 1997. I guess he decided he would never come back when he saw Light Tragic! :lmao:

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

Is it just me or was that article a little touching!
                  Foolish Mortal
                  sigpic

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me.

I was not a big Disney fan until about 10 years ago when I took my kids to the DLR for the first time. I had never been and didn't really care if I ever went. I had a really bad Disney World experience as a kid and it sort of soured me on the whole idea of going back to any Disney park.
                    But alas, once I saw the park through the eyes of my children my whole outlook changed.

Comment

That was a rather interesting article, but as for a lot of the reasons he didn't like Disney isn't all that new. For instance, we all agree the water is a little pricey ($2.75 for Dasani?), and I really wish they would just release the classic movies with 2-discs and not every 5 years to commerate an anniversary. But other than that, I'm glad he had fun.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

It is nice that he enjoys it because his kids enjoyed it also. He wasn't looking for everything wrong in the park.
                        "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

I enjoyed that

Comment

It's awesome how a guy like this can put aside his feelings, and just have a good time with his family. This is what the park is all about. Having fun. Most of you seem to forget that.

Comment

Thats great but what did he mean when he said

I don't think I will ever forget the looks on the faces of my children as they watched spellbound. It was, forgive the cliche, magical.

What's Spellbound?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X