This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Info on Disneyland parades

Just wondering if Disneyland is having parades in March. I checked the Disney website and it has no scheduled parades for Disneyland. The only parade scheduled is in DCA. In the past, the Disney website had no scheduled parades but when we went to the park they had a parade.
    I'd appreciate the information. Especially since we're travelling from Hawaii.

Re: Info on Disneyland parades

Disneyland doesn't have a parade at the moment. "Celebrate a Street Party" will begin on March 27. So far it is not being called a parade but it will serve as one this year since the Parade of Dreams will not be coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by imagineerthat View Post
      Disneyland doesn't have a parade at the moment. "Celebrate a Street Party" will begin on March 27. So far it is not being called a parade but it will serve as one this year since the Parade of Dreams will not be coming back.
      Al wrote a small bit of info on this (MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...)

The biggest change however was decided upon just after Thanksgiving, when TDA planners finally agreed that the Parade of Dreams would not return in 2009 after Main Street gets its repaving work completed. That parade was the biggest and most lavish offering Disney had in North America, and it was very expensive to run from a labor standpoint.

Too resplendent.
      Originally, the Celebrate street party was only going to be a small cavalcade that rolled out the gates near the Main Street Opera House, stopped on Main Street for 10 minutes for a high energy show, and then rolled backstage again to await a second performance later in the day. But now the Entertainment department is beefing up the cavalcade a bit more, and has expanded the route so that it will take the usual trip down from it's a small world, past the Matterhorn, and on down Main Street USA. The mini-parade will now stop at least twice to put on its show, once in the Small World Mall area and again on Main Street.
      While it has now taken on a parade-like format, it still will only use half of the labor the old Parade of Dreams did, and require far less maintenance and upkeep to its small fleet of vehicles and equipment. Compared to recent years, this Celebrate mini-parade looks to be rather underwhelming even while the performers promise to give it a lot of heart and typical Disneyland energy.
      But the important thing to remember is that this is an offering that will only be in Disneyland for about seven months, from late March until early November, until the Christmas Fantasy Parade returns for the '09 holidays. By winter 2010, Disneyland will be gearing up for the 55th Anniversary celebration, and that includes the big new Wonder parade, in addition to the World of Color show in DCA and the usual assortment of decorations and extra anniversary goodies.
      Yes, Disneyland's Entertainment department got the brunt of the surgical knife from the sharp pencil boys this time, but there is already light at the end of the tunnel next winter in the form of the 55th Anniversary. It shouldn't be nearly as long a drought as Disneyland's dismal years of the early 00's.
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz

Comment

Thank you for the information. I'm bummed that POD is not coming back. My family has enjoyed that parade on previous visits. I understand the cost point but it's hard to back track once you set a standard. It's a huge let down.
        Thank you again for the information.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X