• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alice in Wonderland
    Sock Puppet
    • Feb 2009

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Expect to find a lot of people at the audition. I would say if you don't meet the height requirement then skip the audition. The first cut is on height and first look alone. That's where the majority of people get cut.
    Do you know how the rest of the audition goes?

Comment

• GhostHostJeff
      MiceChatter
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
      Do you know how the rest of the audition goes?
      Wig, makeup, and possibly costume. Then that is a cut or not. After that should be story telling.
      Jeff Wayne

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
        Sock Puppet
        • Feb 2009

Wig, makeup, and possibly costume. Then that is a cut or not. After that should be story telling.
        That is so cool! How they do like wigs and makeup and all.
        What's story telling like? I know i'm asking like a lot of question but im just curious
        like do you know what they have you do or say?

Comment

• kcw
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by american_werewolf View Post
          and her mom said how most of the face characters they had seen seemed like older ppl, like over 30 i guess, and this girl is only 20 but i don't think that would matter much.
          That's not true. I'd say the majority fall in the 21-27ish range. And as for the costumes- that's correct that you have to fit into the clothes they already have, but they're princesses for heaven's sake- they have huge closets with a pretty fair range of sizes to work with however they're feeling that day

Comment

• GhostHostJeff
            MiceChatter
            • Oct 2005

That is so cool! How they do like wigs and makeup and all.
            What's story telling like? I know i'm asking like a lot of question but im just curious
            like do you know what they have you do or say?
            I believe its a script of some sort. Even if you go through the entire process they may inform you on a later date if they want you. Its quite nerve racking!
            Jeff Wayne

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
              Sock Puppet
              • Feb 2009

I believe its a script of some sort. Even if you go through the entire process they may inform you on a later date if they want you. Its quite nerve racking!
              Sounds like it! Have you auditioned before?

Comment

• StrikeYerColors
                A Weather Eye Open
                • Mar 2007

I just advise everyone to go and see what the audition is like. Bring a snack, the line is extra long!
                "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

• DisneyMouse
                  Don't lets be silly! �o�
                  • Jun 2006

If you let it get to you, they'll read you like a pack of wolves... They don't want people who are going to get overwhelmed, they're looking for people who can entertain and work with the guests while remaining calm. Keep in mind, just like an interview, I'm sure it's not simply about how you look or what you say, your demeanor is going to play a big part in it, and how you carry yourself.

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                    Sock Puppet
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DisneyMouse View Post
                    If you let it get to you, they'll read you like a pack of wolves... They don't want people who are going to get overwhelmed, they're looking for people who can entertain and work with the guests while remaining calm. Keep in mind, just like an interview, I'm sure it's not simply about how you look or what you say, your demeanor is going to play a big part in it, and how you carry yourself.
                    Well said I agree

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                      Sock Puppet
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by twobluestripes View Post
                      I just advise everyone to go and see what the audition is like. Bring a snack, the line is extra long!
                      So you've auditioned before? How did it go for you?

Comment

• DisneyMouse
                        Don't lets be silly! �o�
                        • Jun 2006

So you've auditioned before? How did it go for you?
                        Each audition is going to be different, much like any audition. I'm sure it all depends on what they're looking for within their new Characters.

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                          Sock Puppet
                          • Feb 2009

Has anyone ever auditioned before?

Comment

• GhostHostJeff
                            MiceChatter
                            • Oct 2005

I was in entertainment at Disneyland for 2 years and WDW for 1 year, but only went to one face audition at Disneyland, but I know a lot about the process and what they kinda look for.
                            Jeff Wayne

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                              Sock Puppet
                              • Feb 2009

I was in entertainment at Disneyland for 2 years and WDW for 1 year, but only went to one face audition at Disneyland, but I know a lot about the process and what they kinda look for.
                              Oh that's cool!
                              Care to go into detail about those kinds of things like the process and what they look for? That's what I love to know about.

Comment

• GhostHostJeff
                                MiceChatter
                                • Oct 2005

Oh that's cool!
                                Care to go into detail about those kinds of things like the process and what they look for? That's what I love to know about.
                                Well at Disneyland the first cut is just based on looks. So they look for nice smile, nice teeth, your body type, eye color, and facial structure. A lot of girls may think that they look "just like a princess or character" but although that may be true, you have to have a face where you can make a wig look natural. Casting is not going to tell somebody if their nose is too big, their not the correct body type, or they don't have a nice smile, but I went to one audition at Walt Disney World where they said if you wanted to hear those things to not be afraid to ask, but be prepared for the truth. Each audition is different. I'm not saying these things to frighten anybody for auditioning, heck everyone should give it a shot, but they are very picky about things. Break a leg!
                                Jeff Wayne

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                                  Sock Puppet
                                  • Feb 2009

Well at Disneyland the first cut is just based on looks. So they look for nice smile, nice teeth, your body type, eye color, and facial structure. A lot of girls may think that they look "just like a princess or character" but although that may be true, you have to have a face where you can make a wig look natural. Casting is not going to tell somebody if their nose is too big, their not the correct body type, or they don't have a nice smile, but I went to one audition at Walt Disney World where they said if you wanted to hear those things to not be afraid to ask, but be prepared for the truth. Each audition is different. I'm not saying these things to frighten anybody for auditioning, heck everyone should give it a shot, but they are very picky about things. Break a leg!
                                  That was good info! Thank you
                                  But when they look for eye color, (Again, sorry for all my questions) is it a big deal? Because I have hazel eyes and the only characters height I am is alice, wendy, and tink and they all have blue eyes. So, could I just wear contacts? do they see through the different colored eyes and more so the face structure and stuff?

Comment

• AndThenIfell
                                    New MiceChatter
                                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Victoria View Post
                                    I'm still trying work up the nerve to go in on April 1st and try this. I'm not so much worried about the rejection as much as I am screwing up somewhere. :blush:
                                    Honest to goodness, there's nothing to worry about screwing up. It's just a fun time to see how things work and meet some new people. Just don't let yourself get too into the thought of how awesome the job would be because 80% of us will be cut first round. So just come and have fun!

I'll be there with bells on! ...Well, not literally. hehe

Comment

• LovelyLocks
                                      Honorary Mermaid.
                                      • Oct 2008

That was good info! Thank you
                                      But when they look for eye color, (Again, sorry for all my questions) is it a big deal? Because I have hazel eyes and the only characters height I am is alice, wendy, and tink and they all have blue eyes. So, could I just wear contacts? do they see through the different colored eyes and more so the face structure and stuff?
                                      I've seen princesses with different color eyes before, especially hazel.
                                      So I don't think you'd have a problem, unless your eyes were brown.

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                                        Sock Puppet
                                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by AndThenIfell View Post
                                        Honest to goodness, there's nothing to worry about screwing up. It's just a fun time to see how things work and meet some new people. Just don't let yourself get too into the thought of how awesome the job would be because 80% of us will be cut first round. So just come and have fun!

I'll be there with bells on! ...Well, not literally. hehe
                                        The hard part is not going in with high hopes and wanting the job so bad. :/

I wonder how many people make it out of all the people who come.

Comment

• Alice in Wonderland
                                          Sock Puppet
                                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LovelyLocks View Post
                                          I've seen princesses with different color eyes before, especially hazel.
                                          So I don't think you'd have a problem, unless your eyes were brown.
                                          Can you still just wear contacts? There's a Wendy in WDW and in real life she has blonde hair and brown eyes. but wendy has brown hair and blue eyes. so it's like total opposite. so maybe the judges do see through everything and really focus on the face part.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X